Buying Furniture in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 May 2009 12:00 AM by Rondeau Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Good afternoon all visitors and staff  that view this friendly and helpful website.

We would very much appreciate your help.

We are in the process of replacing most of our furniture in our home in Estepona and have visited many, many shops as far as Malaga and Los Barios but up until now we have had very little success apart from 2 really nice mirrors.

Does anybody know of any large Furniture Stores/Warehouses that we can visit.

We are looking for Sofas, Dining Table and Chairs, TV Display Stand/Table and Units, Bedroom Furniture and Pictures.

As a guide we are only looking for Black and White Furnishings and are very fond of the lacquered furniture (symetrical). We are not fussy honestly, we just know what we want. We see all of this lovely furniture in magazines but not in the stores.

Any help from any kind people would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Ron

Like 0      
21 May 2009 7:51 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Ron

Have you tried Furniture World (I think that's what they are called)?  They are based in the poligono in Estepona.  They are pretty large so could be of interest.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 May 2009 10:24 AM by Rondeau Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

Many thanks for your post.

We did recently visit Furniture World in Estepona Poligono and unfortunately most of the furnishings looked dated and dusty.

Hopefully we will see further helpful response to our post from kindly people.

Thank you again.

Ron

Like 0      
21 May 2009 10:24 AM by Rondeau Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

Many thanks for your post.

We did recently visit Furniture World in Estepona Poligono and unfortunately most of the furnishings looked dated and dusty.

Hopefully we will see further helpful response to our post from kindly people.

Thank you again.

Ron

Like 0      
21 May 2009 12:34 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I hate to be predictable and I know that some loathe it but have you tried IKEA?

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 May 2009 12:43 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Ron

Have a look at Imperial Spain http://www.imperialspain.com we think its a great shop, great quality and some cracking deals on at the moment.

They are on the Mijas Pueblo road on the way out of Fuengirola.

Ive just noticed they have more than one shop, there will be one closer to you Ron

Steve

This message was last edited by Team GB on 21/05/2009.

Like 0      
21 May 2009 12:45 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes good suggestion, they also have a store in La Canada and one in Los Barrios.

Susan

Like 0      
21 May 2009 1:18 PM by Rondeau Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi All Responders,

Many thanks for your suggestions thus far.

We tried IKEA in Malaga as they sometimes have some good bits and pieces but to no avail.

We went to Imperial at La Canada two weeks back just before it closed for good there and that is where we picked up our mirrors. On Tuesday we visited their Mijas shop but again with no joy as nothing interested us.

But all responses to our post are much appreciated and maybe, just maybe, a visitor to the site will direct us to what we are looking to buy.

Thanks again.

Ron

Like 0      
21 May 2009 2:49 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

I can highly recommend Bernardo Munoz in Sebanillas. The owner is male but all the Assistants are female and once they get to know you they can recommend furniture that would suit you .  For us the haven't been wrong and we wish we had gone there in the beginning instead of trailing around all the furniture shops from Estepona to Algiciras .   As they are all female they know exactly what women want . They are also not that expensive compared to other shops - lets face it any furntiure in Spain costs a fortune .   We were looking for a dresser in our kitchen , had a look around everywhere, popped in to BM and Voila they ordered us what we wanted  ( why we never went there in the first place I will never know ) .

The only downside is I  don't  know how much English they all speak but I know some of them do . I'm lucky my husband speaks fluent Spanish .

If you don't find what you want they can order from brochures  - we did and nothing was disappointing. 

The shop in massive- on at least 4 floors.  If you know what  you want and the supplier they can probably order for you .  They sell everything for the home .

I don't think you wil be disappointed .

Like 0      
21 May 2009 4:15 PM by Rondeau Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Many thanks indeed Tamsin.

Hopefully we will find exactly what we want. Fortunately I speak fluent Spanish too so the language will not be a problem.

One other piece of help please, do you or any other people reading this post know who would want to buy our old furniture most of which is in very good condition as it will be surplus to what we want when we buy our new pieces. We would, of course, want somebody who could collect the items.

Again any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Ron

Like 0      
28 Nov 2021 1:06 PM by Husniyya Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Many people are unsure whether to buy furniture from a home furniture showroom or from a website. In general, people believe that buying online is easier and more convenient, but that buying from a showroom or mall store is safer. Are they correct or incorrect?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Creditors meeting - 5 posts
1 day of.... - 5 posts
Lets Live Abroad - 4 posts
Beware: Club Blinko - 14 posts
Who to complain to at Polaris - 3 posts
Internet in apartments? - 1 posts
BABY SEATS FROM CAR HIRE COMPANY'S - 11 posts
nie number - 1 posts
Alicante / Benidorm Airport Taxi Transfer - 6 posts
Please can someone confirm..................... - 2 posts
Long term rental - 2 posts
Building Complete - 24 posts
Trying to navigate the holiday rentals section - 2 posts
Aldea Advisors - 12 posts
PROMOBY DEVELOPERS/BUILDERS - 1 posts
Vauxhall vectra 2003 for swap or sale - 1 posts
SNAGGING - 2 posts
Vodafone abolish roaming charges - 3 posts
help need mortgage - 0 posts
Exchanging properties? - 3 posts
Can I legally be forced to complete? - 17 posts
Can I legally be forced to complete? - 3 posts
HELP !!! Servired ATM !!! It ate my card LOL ? - 5 posts
HOW TO CLEAN WHITE LEATHER SOFAS - 6 posts
Daya Nueva Line Dancing - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x