:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 May 2009 12:00 AM by JORED Star rating. 137 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Please can somebody help my freind with some info please

just a short history of what the situation is

He was employed as a Driver by an Estate agent to drive potential Clients to various sites and propertys ,To pick up and drop off to the various Airports mainly Alicante and Murcia and to be on general call for the Estate Agents needs etc

Well as you can imagine in the present climate he no longer has that job but has been approached to do a " School run "  for  a Group of Parents a total of 7 children

He has 9 Seater Van and wants to no the Legal thing to do, This would be apart from another job he hopes to get and  it would fit in nicely with the hours he hopes to work in that job ( plus the School run would only be in School times ) leaving him free in the holiday periods

I was wondering what is the way ahead for him and i am hoping somebody can point him in the right direction here on EOS

In advance most kind

Cheers

Like 0      
18 May 2009 9:38 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

I would imagine to do it legitmately he would need to be a licenced taxi driver and also his vehicle would also need to be registered as the same. Not the mention insurance to carry that amount of passengers.

We looked into getting a taxi drivers licence and it was pretty much a waste of time but that may differ from area to area.

Contact your local Taffico office and see if they can help or point you in the right direction.

Like 0      
18 May 2009 10:30 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Your friend is not subject to any other administrative rules than those for the use of roads and safety. Your friends´ contract would be a private one between the employers ( parents) and him, with corrspondent  payment of taxes and social security amounts. Very easy.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 18/05/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vodafone abolish roaming charges - 3 posts
help need mortgage - 0 posts
Exchanging properties? - 3 posts
Can I legally be forced to complete? - 17 posts
Can I legally be forced to complete? - 3 posts
HELP !!! Servired ATM !!! It ate my card LOL ? - 5 posts
HOW TO CLEAN WHITE LEATHER SOFAS - 6 posts
Daya Nueva Line Dancing - 0 posts
deja vu - 0 posts
What really is the current state of the Spanish market? - 75 posts
That Recipe - 8 posts
car hire - 4 posts
Camposol Golf, Mazarron - 9 posts
Advertising - 0 posts
Has anyone bought on this new development - 0 posts
One-Way van rental without paying it! YOU DRIVE UK-SPAIN AND I DRIVE SPAIN-UK under shared rental agreement - 27 posts
furniture for sale - 0 posts
VILLAS IN ALMERIA - 1 posts
Shar-pai Dog - 0 posts
Travelling to Morocco and Rhonda! - 9 posts
Cheap Flights - 6 posts
Cheap Flights - 0 posts
CNN to film property problems in Spain - 5 posts
WORKING IN SPAIN FOR A BRITISH COMPANY - 5 posts
Calling an Extraordinary Meeting - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x