Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

If you like fish and chips and that sort of thing Peggotys at Urb El Pilar is brill. You need an appetite and it is not silver service. In summer you need to book (952 883 666). Its KM 168 (or 167) on the westbound carriage of the N340. Shortly after Diana Park Hotel and the slip road immediately opposite the Crown Plaza Hotel. Turn right as you come off the 340 and then immediately left by Brubecks bar. Follow the road along and the first turn on the right goes up to Peggotys - parking a nightmare up the road itself. The restaurant near it is called Place on the Corner and there is a French one next door that I am told is also very nice.If you have the fish at peggotys (in fact anything) make sure you have an appetite - Jaws makes regular appearances on plates there and unfortunately they wont do kids portions although they have a kids menu but not smaller sizes of grown up dishes. I recommend the spit roast myself.

Regular visits from celebs include vera Duckworth, Mike Read, Alan Sugar, Alan Davis plus others - Benny from Crossroads (showing my age) can normally be seen (without beanie hat) walking round looking for Miss Diane at the Benavista commercial centre two minutes away.

There it has its own thread now!! Next you will be wanting directions to my house! 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 9:26 PM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar

Smiley,
I have never, ever had fish and chips as good as at Peggotys. Not only that, but I was lucky enough to get in on a Saturday without booking, but I wouldn't try that again. I have eaten at the French restaurant, but though it mediocre. Actually, last time I was there it was closed.
Have you ever seen a punter in the big Chinese place?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 11:30 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Never but then I dont do chinese - it does my head in - something like i imagine a migraine sufferer has to deal with - 5 years ago completely knocked out a Christmas Day - spent almost the whole day in bed - tried to avoid the brighly coloured dishes and the place said no MSG in anything but every time I have chinese I get this reaction so have learned not to eat it or anything along those lines 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 7:56 AM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar

Well, seems like everyone else there has the same problem. The place is enormous and I have never seen more than half a dozen people there. Maybe its a front for something else. Or maybe I just get to bed too early.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 5:22 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hear there are a coupld of Chinese in Estepona town that are fronts for something else - seems you get a little bag of extra stir in concoction with every takeaway - not sure if MSG sums it up though

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 6:38 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We're off to Peggoty's for dinner tonight...my expectations are very high to say the least after all the hype.

Will report back later...

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Mar 2007 2:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wonderful! What more can I say.  They truly are the best fish and chips.

It's so busy there too, you really have to book to make sure you get a table.  The staff were really friendly and the kids got colouring pencils and a menu to colour in....great!  Speedy service too which kept the kids in check.

Note that they don't accept credit or debit cards, cash only.

It's not particularly cheap though.  Two adult cod and chìps, with two kids meals, 4 glasses of wine and a coffee.....came to 56 Euros...but well worth it.

So really recommend it if you're missing English fish and chips.  More details and directions on their website:

http://www.peggottysonthecosta.com/

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 8:33 PM by mageetg Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Well guys they do say the bests places are hard to find in torreblanca right across the road from the entrance to the fuengirola park hotel is a small fish and chip takeaway who have been there for a number of years who have now expanded and have a smart sit in and a large terrace.

We have been eatin there for years now and have tried every chippy on the coast even peggotys and these guys known as the torreblanca chip shop and cafe bar produce the best cod haddock, chips and all your favourites.

best of all the prices are great large jumbo haddock and chips 8.50€ cod and chips 7.50 both are even cheaper to take out.

They are also the only chippy on the coast to open allday 7 days a week from 12 in the morn. Give it a go but not on a fri night as the ques a a bit crazy.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2010 11:15 AM by b4ssy Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

I have been eating at Peggottys for about 4 years now. The fish and chips is the best I have ever eaten anywhere, so good in fact that I no longer eat it in the UK.

I can also personally recommend the spit roast chicken and the southern fried chicken. I have been told that the burgers, chicken burgers and scampi are great too.

The staff and service also very good and friendly and at the moment they have rolled back their prices to 2006 levels.

My mouth is watering as I am sat here in England looking forward to my next visit.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts
What about Gibraltar? - 26 posts
I'm having to leave EOS, sorry everyone. - 15 posts
befor last payment - 4 posts
Experience with IA Procon / Sun-Spain Mediterraneo ? - 1 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 17 posts
Experience with Euro Abogados ? - 2 posts
Kids Spanish Stories - 30 posts
Tai Chi - 0 posts
Iberian International - 24 posts
Are we thowing away our money ?? - 4 posts
Social Security payments - 17 posts
Los Lagos Santa Maria Golf - 47 posts
La Vuelta restaurant, Guardamar, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
How to put a signature on your profile page so it shows at bottom of every post automatically - 0 posts
Price of tobacco & cigarettes on the Costa Blanca (Eurotabaco) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x