Documentary Spanish Property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2009 9:57 PM by forseys Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Looks like i started something here!

Lets just say it was the 'FFind another forum' that got me using my keyboard.

Moving on we all have a story to tell -  besides finding money for a court case (due to BG) and being made redundent i really would love some fun entertainment on the tv (cheaper than going out) seems the days of morecombe and wise fools and horses are hard to match.

On the other hand i have to get this money back so any opportunity to highlight the need for Spain to get it's house in order i want to support.

Conclusion we have to allow room for both - this forum is invaluable, more so than ever in the present climate. Support and opinion must continue but remain friends.  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 8:45 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

sandra

well said indeed. Your last post sums up well the current situation. 

As forseys says, many of us must do what we need to do to get justice, and just ask for support that i really believe will benifit everyone in the long term. As Suzie says, ''The property abuses & scandals are so serious that EU funds to Spain may well be halted''

This isn't just about opinion, this is about reality that needs facing up to and putting in order. Only then can we move on.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 8:48 AM by SteveandJane Star rating in Somerset and Corvera.... 481 posts Send private message

SteveandJane´s avatar

Hi all

Sorry Guest, go ahead and make your program. However I would urge you to make it with a difference.

All bad deals in Spain progs that I have seen so far tend to make the poor purchaser who has comitted his/her life savings to a project look like complete, trust-anybody ar**holes. If you are going to make it then avoid this and just go for the throat of the developer, or would that be too much hassle. Surely you can do this on a more factual basis than has been broadcast before without the exploitation of the purchasers emotional state? This is the part of T.V. and the written media that P's me off.

For everybody else's benefit, I have not yet got my off-plan apartment (due next year, 18 months later than expected and with todays exchange rate £65'000 dearer). So when I write "with empathy" I really mean it.

If I lose out then please Guest do a program highlighting the good thing and tell me "It's not all bad"!

Steve (Lifestyler)

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 9:38 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

As an Estate Agent in Spain the trouble with so many of these programs is that they become lazy Journalism.

If they actually made a program that reflected all facts then i would welcome it with open arms.

If it means that more dodgy agents and lawyers went under then it would be great for the people that really do try and do a decent job.

If it also meant that nobody else sufferd a the hands of con men and lost life savings then again i would champion the cause.

What you do have to remember is to some of us this is a career not a whim and we do take it very seriously, we too have families to feed.

So many of these programs seem to to label one proffesion/country too easily.

There are good and bad in all proffesions,lets prosecute the bad and champion the good, that way everyone is happy.

I have yet to see a program that has done this.....

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 10:01 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

georgia

yes indeed. We need a programme (series?)  that covers all angles, but the big issue at the moment is what is wrong!  Hopefully once this is sorted out, then the good guys will get their chance to prosper at the expence of the crooks, and the positive aspects will be the big news?

SteveandJane

I do think purchasers 'emotional state' does need to be seen, to show the 'human'  effect this has on people. As you say though, they don't need to be the 'trust anyone' sort   We need to hear from the good guys in the property industry, and we need a legal expert with teeth!, to go in hard on the bad guys, not just 'wishy washy' reports that confront no one. This would also make good TV i think, by facing ugly facts head on, and showing the good guys struggle in a sea of bad press.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 10:59 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

We came close to losing all of our life savings and would have done so had we not been able to borrow quite substantial amounts from relations, however ,this was not due to any dodgy dealings, purely the world financial crash. Believe me the last thing we wanted to see or read during this period were anti Spain doom and gloom stories. We were committed to the purchase and could not turn back. 

We were fortunate in that we found an honest and diligent estate agent and lawyer (  thanks to this forum ) and after a struggle we hope to complete this month.

I hope things work out for those who have not been as fortunate.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 8:56 AM by Guest Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for your replies and I am sorry that I have taken so long to reply. My name is Thomas and not Guest. Sorry about that vague name.  I am working as an assistant on a French documentary made by a Spanish director living in France.
Her knowledge of the situation in Spain is far superior to what could be described as lazy journalism and the film is not being made as a sensationalist programme just to sell advertising space, if you see what I mean.

Obviously I cannot show the script for a one and a half hour film documentary here.  The only thing I can do is vouch for the seriousness of the project.   And perhaps add that the golfers testimonies wanted for the documentary by the director are to be part, and sorry, I repeat myself, are to be part of a larger picture.  And part of that picture is about the existing corruption in the South of Spain.
My job is to help the writer/director find two or three English golfers that have encountered difficulties with their secondary homes in Spain.

If anybody has any ideas, I’d be grateful.

Here's my e-mail for this job : Thomas documentary (at) G mail with a full stop and the third, fifteenth, and thirteenth letters of the alphabet   (had to write it that way).  

Thanks again.

Thomas

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Toyota Corolla For Sale - 1 posts
Confused - 2 posts
Education system of Spain - 0 posts
Looking for property near guardamar - 7 posts
Yet more rules at Gatwick... - 19 posts
School Registration - 24 posts
finding lawyers bar number - 1 posts
Documentary - 0 posts
WANTED: Jeep Wrangler - 6 posts
7500kg truck half empty UK to Spain in next 10 days. - 0 posts
England vs Spain in Seville - 11 February 2009 - 39 posts
Jerez Formula 1 testing February and March 2009 - 41 posts
renting ?? - 4 posts
Bank guarantees. Any successes? - 67 posts
Google ads change - 3 posts
JNSQ - 4 posts
PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION PLEASE JOIN US - 3 posts
Telephone Systems - 0 posts
My favourite restaurant in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
taking your dog to Spain - 16 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x