England vs Spain in Seville - 11 February 2009

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2009 11:55 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well done Justin,

Your Prediction was right hope you had a bet on it?

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 7:40 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I never got round to putting a bet down...doh!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 8:14 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

....bah humbug

England played quite well i thought, but Spain were just better, and deserved the win.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 9:17 AM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Spain v England ..Re; my posting...'Capello won't have his mind set on this game - he has been linked with taking over @ Manchester City in the summer. Also with Roooooooney out injured - who's going to score England's goal?'...

England were terrible..and hardly troubled Spain throughout.  Even Capello has said in his after match interview that they simply couldn't get the ball off Spain.

Maybe JC1 can have words...as some of the England players do think they really can walk on water!

Capello has done well since replacing McLaren - and I think they will qualify for the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa.

Well done to Beckham on his 108th cap, equaling the late Bobby Moore's total.  Now JC1, Beckham is a player that has risen from the dead..after the flack he has had in recent years..and having been axed under McLaren.

JC1: Q.  Are you in United's camp - or are you with Oasis? (*non-footie fans: Oasis are City fans). 

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 11:06 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

I felt England played well until conceding the first goal.Whereas England played a lot of good 2 touch football Spain played a lot of 1 touch football that had England chasing shadows.A goal always lifts a team and when Spain raised thier game a little after the goal there was no way England could match them. A couple of chances were created in the second half but I think spain had taken their foot off the pedal by then.They really are an outstanding team in my opinion.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 1:37 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Acapulco.  Yes, your'e right - Spain are the European Champions.

Here's a smile for you  have a nice day.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 3:03 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Acky..to all those who know about football all those who live in Manchester support the World, European and Premier league champions...those who live in Stockport support City or County..

I watched the game and was disappointed with the performance of many of the team. It seems we are constantly bombarded from commentators about how good some players are in the EPL but it has to be said that most of what we saw was dross. The Villa players were poor, Downing cannot play at this level and James is in retirement.  Spain even looked good with 4 Liverpool players playing!!!!  We really need Rooney and Gerrard and somebody we have forgotten about and that is Joe Cole and Hargreaves they are a class above the rest.

I watched Sevilla against Villareal live recently, out in Spain, and the standard of football is as good as anything at the top end of the EPL. ( except United of course )

Regards

John

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 3:37 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

JC1.. as I said in a posting..who is going to score for England..with Roooooo out?

Ok, it was a friendly, and with Roo and Ferdinand fit, I think England are a much improved force. 

It was injury that put paid to not qualifying for the 2008 Euro Finals.

After Capello quits in the summer, when he moves to Manchester City, maybe Fergie will stand down as manager of United - and take over the England reins?  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 3:38 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Can't totally agree JC- Heskey was doing well with little support  and quite frankly Carrick did not impress either. SWP did quite well also ( not often I say that) but he is so one footed ( as are so many supposedly top class players).                          Have to agree about the success of the Liverpool players though and how England missed Gerrard 

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 4:14 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Acapulco...forgot Heskey was transferred recently...yes he always does well for me and Rooney plays well with him...Carrick is possibly footballer of year if Giggs doesnt win it..or vidic...but he cannot play well with Barry the plodder ( wish  liverpool had bought him last summer and sold Alonso)

Acky..Fergie said he will never manage England.....even he is not that daft!!!

Regards

John

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 8:42 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

JC1. Never say 'never'.  As Jimmy Greaves once said..'Football is a Funny Old Game'..

Fergie said he was quitting a few years ago, then changed his mind. 

And I think he's stated that maybe he will quit in the near future.  But maybe the England job (part time) will suit?

I know Fergie and have met him a few times, when at race meetings.  I have also visited stables where he has had his horses. 

One stable lad looking after one of his horses was a City fan....and I could reveal what he did in its stable.  But I've thought better of it!

Also, did you know Fergie's past-time away from football is...playing the Piano!

Q: The best manager ever?  I'll name that tune in one. A: Fergie.

I also know Utd legend Lou Macari - and have met a few Reds' stars in the past. 

Bet that's surprised you JC1.... 

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 10:00 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Acky---- Fergie would die before he mnanaged England.,he htes England and will always support for whoever England play against. 

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 12:21 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

I am afraid you are wide of the goalposts here my 'owd son Acapulco.

Knowing Fergie I can reveal that all Scots DO NOT hate the English, re: The Auld Enemy. 

I could tell you a story or two - having been amongst many leading Scottish footballers/managers.  It's all 'make believe' mate, despite reports to the contrary.

And Fergie has had many a drink with his fellow Englishmen

I can see Fergie now pulling his stool up to his Piano, ready to play God Save The Queen! ... hope it doesn't bring tears to your eyes Acapulco!!  YOU READ IT HERE ON EOS FIRST.

On mi 'ed

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 1:25 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Acky...i wouldn't put you so old>>>...I am with Acapulco on this and will be willing to put my Spanish mortgage on this and that Fergie will never manage England...he only plays Fletcher because he is scottish..if he were English he would be sold!!!

Incidentally check out my website below for all interesting stats about football and rugby.

Regards

John

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 1:48 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Found your site a few weeks ago JC,it is very good.Glad you agree re Fergie. I would not knock what Fergie has achieved at Man u but if acky is that old he will remember that he had a good set of players to start with, courtesy of the youth scheme his predecessor put in place.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 2:33 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

;Found your site a few weeks ago JC,it is very good.Glad you agree re Fergie. I would not knock what Fergie has achieved at Man u but if Acky is that old he will remember that he had a good set of players to start with, courtesy of the youth scheme his predecessor put in place.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 2:37 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Acapulco

Slightly disagree..Fergie brought on the Giggs and Beckhams ..nothing to do with Atkinson...

Regards

John

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 2:47 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

I thought they were there before Fergie. One thing for sure Atkinson did a good job at United, saved them from what looked like certain relegation and developed them into a top of the league club within 2 seasons on very little money. He did not get support from the board as some of them objected to his "non football" activities. fergie got that support and built on the strong foundation Atko had created.-Nothing wrong with that, it's what he was paid for.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 3:31 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Atko started well but faded badly...he broke the British record for Bryan Robson so did have money...started to go wrong with expensive buys like Davenport, Terry and colin gibson

Regards

John

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 4:00 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Don't see how you can say it "went wrong" when they looked like winning the league only to fade in the last few games when Robbo and 5 other first teamers were injured.He got the money for Robbo when he first went there but became unpopular with some because of his relationship with one of the coaches wives. To be fair he did marry her later but obviously it was an "uncomfortable" situation. Not saying he would have done as well as Fergie had he stayed and been given the support but he would have done a very good job. Docherty really left them in dire straits, Atko picked them up as few managers would have been able to.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jerez Formula 1 testing February and March 2009 - 41 posts
renting ?? - 4 posts
Bank guarantees. Any successes? - 67 posts
Google ads change - 3 posts
JNSQ - 4 posts
PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION PLEASE JOIN US - 3 posts
Telephone Systems - 0 posts
My favourite restaurant in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
taking your dog to Spain - 16 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts
Power of Attoney - 6 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale - 0 posts
Use of Email to notify/call an AGM - 3 posts
Bilingual State Schools Near Malaga? - 6 posts
Another victory for our lawyer . - 10 posts
Delivery of goods from the UK - 6 posts
I'm not good enough for an Algorfa forum - 1 posts
Free Sky TV - 3 posts
1.9 stalite dish &sky box with card for sale - 12 posts
table tennis table, exterior wanted - 7 posts
Repossession - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x