Anyone for a meet up around Duquesa next week?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Mar 2007 6:39 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Well John,

Pleased to hear there are a few Northerners on this site, Not too sure how many members we'd attract to our Splinter Group though? Although I do meet up up with loads of Southerners at Old Trafford who I'm sure would love to live in the "rainy" City?

Ah well, I think I'll go fur a nice cuppa tea now..................

Mike T

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 7:10 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Mike

nice to know you know your footie.....its not true about southerners at oT..you know that

john

Regards

John

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 9:27 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Hello there !

I´m just back from the EOS meet up @ Duquesa Port !

Present were....... the Honorable: Mr Smiley ( nice chap I liked him a lot), Sir Justin Aldridge ( our "·mentor") and the Dame of the British Empire Mrs. Rixxy ( what a lovely lady).

Interesting conversation which was overheard by a special "secret agent" sent by Janice !!  Actually I took a picture of this "spy" but I left the camera on the table...... since it was "rescued" by Smiley, tomorrow I will try to recover it and post the pic of JeanSis "envoy"

Nice people and very interesting conversation, I would recomend any of this people with peace of mind.

Juan Pánzon.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 9:41 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

sorry, lots of man u fans in my family but my household predomenently oldham fans (for our sins).

i'm jealous cos i wasn't there tonight, with or without the blackpuddings!, i hope it will become a regular thing meeting up like that for a drink and i promise i be there next time.  it must've been nice to touch base with people properly.

suzanne (sat in rainy rochdale, manchester)

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 9:42 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

p.s. i imagine smiley as a bit of a bloke shall we say and justin very polite and firm with you all. was i right?

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 9:51 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Ji, ji..... Justin is a "Teddy bear", transparent as water and with a matchless enthusiasm,  Smiley is a nice character inmaculately dressed and boasting loads of style..... he knows how and when to listen and there was no nonsense on that table at all, sense of humour was very good too on all sides.  Rixxy is an extremely elegant lady which I am sure twists a lot of necks when passing by, all very educated and stylish people, very quick of mind all of them. I think this is the right forum to be in.

Juan.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 11:39 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Peps

where is your place in spain?

john

Regards

John

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 11:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 12:01 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi John, Peps,

Had a great idea, We can meet up in either Rochdale, Bury or Manchester or even Oldham "yes" Oldham (I was born there) and reminice about the Latics "great adventure" in the Premiership and how Man U are going to pip Clelsea to the title?

We don't need the likes of Smiley, Rixxy, Juan and Justin pushing the virtues of the CDS down our throats do we? well perhaps we do, I can't wait to get out there myself!

Seriously, if anyone fancies a trip to Greenmount Bury or where ever let me know 

Cheers

Mike T

Mike T

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 12:09 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

MikeT

sounds ok to me...where is your place in CDS?  you must be near Duquesa...just looked on Skyscanner.net and can get over by Jet2 for £67 return in late April , when i think our development will have its AGM..might just book it anyway.

John

Regards

John

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 8:14 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

John,

Been tied up in litigation with some property in the hills above Elviria for the past year but still hopeful about moving over to Spain "possibly" later this year. Where are you based on the CDS?

Mike T

Mike T

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 8:55 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Morning Folks, and firstly thank you Juan for the compliments. Im blushing .

Seriously although I guess we were rather wonderous as to how the evening would pan out as we hadnt met each other before, but it was very pleasant and we all stayed later than expected. Juan took a fab pic of myself and Smiley which he will show you when he gets his camera back. The conversation was thick and fast and I guess because we had all corresponded on this site, we had an inkling about each other and so just clicked.

We have decided to meet up again it was to be in a months time and so Justin Im gonna suggest something you will hate cos its work for you, but if a calendar could loaded to the site with meeting areas and dates then others could perhaps form their own groups.

I do think it would be useful in the first degree as all sorts of issues can be discussed - things one would not want to say on a forum and also for newbies buying, they can speak to experienced people for information. Im sure theres milage to be had.

Oh, and to the northern boys Miket, John, Peps - Im in Manchester this weekend at the Homes Overseas show if you want to meet up for a drink, saturday night I cant but sunday if you want to go for a bevy and have a chat, then let me know.

Take it easy!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 9:06 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi Rixxy,

I'll be in Manchester with my partner Veronika early Saturday evening and we would be delighted to meet up for a drink or two!

If you pm me I'll let you have my mobile number!

Mike T

Mike T

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 9:49 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

Guessing by the lack of Smiley's presence this morning thus far you had a 'late one' last night!

Smiley's a great guy, cool, lots of style and a great listener. No wonder he's so good at what he does.

But he's like me when it comes to enjoying company with scintillating conversation over a San Miguel or three.

Hope you guys had a good time and hope to meet you all one day very soon

PS. You can tell buy my use of such words above that I didn't have a drinky or three last night (makes a change)

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 3/8/2007.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 9:50 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 10:42 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Sounds like you all had a nice night, did you all wear your avatar pics?!!

Good idea Rixxy about the calendar, great to set up meets for us all over Spain!

Poor Justin, more work, never mind, it will keep you out of mischief!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 10:52 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Youre so right Janice, Rixxy did say Sunday didn'y she!

Getting a bit worried though regarding your intimate knowledge about my leisure wear!!

Have a great trip Janice and hope the weather stays Sunny for you at your lovely abode..............

Mike T

Mike T

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 11:16 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Well poor Justin, he was rather quiet last night as I guess the other 3 of us hogged the conversation! Definatley would have been fun with more there and I reckon this ould be very good for all members - and also I like the idea as I tend to travel to a lot of shows, to have likeminded people to meet up with - otherwise it gets boring trying to avoid some of the other exhibitors!!!

Yes, did say sunday but sats ok, I can fit between the exhibitor drinks do (so will be staggering after that) and dinner - although I tend not to eat too much and straight out to the clubs!! I kid you not

Last time Dublin in 3 days I had about 6 hours kip....Ill keep you guessing on that one!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 11:31 AM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

If we ever get into our apartment in Arenal Duquesa would love to meet up with you guys some day.

Alan

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 11:40 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
It would be a pleasure to see you

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

E111 Forms - 12 posts
R U on Messenger ? - 0 posts
HEALTH CARD - 2 posts
Wok Buffet Asia - Urb Plays de Orihuella, Costa Blanca - 1 posts
San Rafael, Duquesa, CDS - 14 posts
Venta La Choza, Casares costa, CDS - 5 posts
Making That Big Decision - 3 posts
Asiatico Chinese, Guardamar, CB - 2 posts
Meson El Prado, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
SEEKING ADVICE .... - 7 posts
VIP Cartagena - 0 posts
Fox's - Sabinillas, Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Compensation - 1 posts
sunny almeria - 0 posts
new to this forum - 5 posts
4Less Group - 3 posts
Easter in Spain - 20 posts
IVA on a investment property that has been resold - 12 posts
heaters - 1 posts
Residencia - 18 posts
buying as a private person or with "sl" - 5 posts
Life Insurance for Spanish mortgages - 22 posts
Dia de Andalucia - 7 posts
Surviving the Nightmare - Spanish Courts a Law Unto Themselves. - 19 posts
La Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 162

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x