Whats The Real Rental?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2007 4:35 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Gina, another option is one that I often use which is Google Spreadsheet.  It's very good...and you can use it online and you can import Excel files into it.

Google spreadsheet

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Mar 2007 4:40 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Justin,

I'll keep trying.

Thanks all.

Gina

Like 0      
04 Mar 2007 4:46 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Gina

I also have a .pdf version which allows you to see the spreadsheet but not input into it. If you want to take a look at that and then send me a list of your own indicative costs per module, I'll work out for you your very own spreadsheet and send a .pdf version back to you

That's assuming you have .pdf viewer ???

Try your office computer and let me know.

Regards

Darren

Darren & Michelle R17 - No.54

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
04 Mar 2007 5:36 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Darren,

I have acrobat, if that's what pdf is then go for it.

Thanks Gina

Like 0      
04 Mar 2007 5:49 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Gina

Done....just let me know (privately) all your expected charges, try and be as honest as you can and give an over zealous cost rather than under estimation, that way, it'll be 'worse case scenario'

Darren

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
04 Mar 2007 9:18 PM by Jasemma Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi

Is it best to buy on a golf course - is the rental potential higher - I am looking at the Mucia region has anyone else now of any better regoins to buy?

Thanks

JAsemma

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 7:11 AM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Jasemma,

Start with the Region, I personally think you would be choosing the ideal area if your intentions are for Rental, with 2 local airports (San Javier & Alicante) already in place and a third due to be completed very shortly (Murcia), the area is already supplied by multiple airlines offering 'low-cost' flights which form a part of personalised holiday 'packages' nowerdays. If you take a generalisation of how people book a Golf Break for example (and we've done this), it's find a golf course, find an area, find accommodation (decent and cheapish) and then find a cheap flight. So first step it choosing an area that has the influx of holiday makers.

Your question on the rental potential is much harder though as this breaks down into three main objectives, those that want a golf break, those that want the beach, and a smaller minority that look for culture. The ideal would be to cater for all three however, you have some considerations as well.

• Golf - If you choose 'just' a golf course, you're likely to attract small parties of golf break enthusiasts, probably only getting 3 or 4 nights rental at any one time, however, this can be as cost effective as if Letting out for a week as you can charge per person and slightly higher than the average per night charge on a weekly basis. You also have to consider the type of client and screen them thoroughly, this is your property and you want it treated with respect, so 4 blokes with all their equipment......not generalising on us men and our behaviour / habits but they will need to be managed.
  • Beach - you have a lot of competition for this marketplace so that drives the revenue opportunity down as you'll need to match the local accommodation charges unless you set really high standards and target a specific client. You'll mainly get families however this does offer a better opportunity for long term rent, especially over the autumn / winter period. If you opt for this, target SAGA and ask them to promote your property to the over 50's. More chance the property will be looked after if it's a longer let. Again, long lets are going to drive the revenue down even further.
  • Culture - you have to choose an area that has very good places of interest, i.e wine regions, castles, monastaries etc. Again, these are tailored breaks and you can set a higher rental charge, but will get fewer takers.

Ideally, you'll find an area that meets at least two of these three criteria, we opted for Jumilla, not to Let however, but the criteria does hit two of the three and the third (beach) is at least accessible within an hour, less when the motorway is developed.

Hope that's helped slightly

Darren

This message was last edited by Darren Ward on 3/5/2007.

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 10:04 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Hi Jasemma,

I think Darren has covered all aspects of buy to let very well.  Now when it comes to choosing resorts, my advice is to avoid  - if possible the usual Polaris World and Trampolin Hills stuff.  far too many rentals  available forcing rental income down and ifffy build quality and late delivery.

La Serena Golf near Los Alcazares has it all.  Fabulous build quality, on time completions and best of all one of the few golf projects in Murcia with great sea views

I bed apartments from €177,000 -  1 bed however, not good rental proposition

2 bed 1 bath apartment € 249,000 for a good position. 2km  full sea views.

The golf course is up and running so instant full rent possible - Build time 12 months.

Polaris World are cheaper starting at €119,800. But no sea views.  Trampolin Hills €130,000 for 2 bed 1 bath. No sea views.

I hope that gives you a good idea as to prices etc.

Good luck - Gillespie

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 5:34 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Hi Darren & Gillespie,

I wonder if you can offer an opinion on a two bed apartment I have bought in Duquesa. It is due for completion soon (waiting for habitation license). When we purchased, our agents were unsure of potential rentals because for them it was an untried location. We are not looking for a huge rental return initially, just enough to cover costs. It is built to a reasonable standard on a gated development. It is two minutes walk from the beach, five mins walk from the port, and five mins walk from a golf course. We thought that the location would be attractive from a rental point of view. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Alan

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 5:57 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Alan,

This area is away from ourselves however I cannot see any reason why it shouldn't be successful, you have the local amenities, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones (Snr) and access to multiple other courses, inc Valderrama. Local airport access (approx 40mins) and with the popular attactions in Marbella and Peurto Banus.....I'd say you have it made !

However, it's going to be how you market the property, you only get return on the effort you put in and you cannot hedge your bets on one agent doing that for you. It's down to yourself to get as much exposure on your property and finding a 'unique' in the marketplace, remember, near the coast you'll have three, four or five times as much competition as you would inland. So you need to make a decision, furnish to the highest standard and target the upper-end of the class market (sorry but it's fact), or target those that want to be associated with being in the celubrious area without paying top Dollar. That has no reflection on your property, it's where you see the best return against your investment.

What is fantastic about this Forum, everyone has an opinion and will share it, my opinion, take all the advise regarding where and how to rent on this Forum and target them all, be it agents, Ebay, websites....target the lot. In fact, why not use this site to help you out, there are over 11000 members, I for one would be interested in Letting down in that area even though we are already present in Spain (Jumilla). We have in excess of 300 clients so why shouldn't I promote your property to them in order to visit the Region you are in, or why not target residents in our inland urbanisation and offer a twin-resort offering, a few days / week inland playing golf and wine tasting, follwed by a few days / week at the coast in the Glitz and Glamour of Marbella.....just an idea !! But think like that, outside the box and you'll have a unique over others.

Remember, advice is free (usually), ............Gillespie.....over to you !!!!!

Really hope it works out for you Alan

Regards

Darren

This message was last edited by Darren Ward on 3/5/2007.

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:29 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Many thanks Darren that seems sound advice. Once we finalise the purchase and we get down there I will formulate an approach. I think your suggestions are excellent and are 'in the pot' for consideration. Once again many thanks.

Alan

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 9:12 PM by Jasemma Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi,

Do you find that more inland that property is cheaper so you get more for your money say a villa in land with a pool against one near the sea and does the inland one perhaps attract a better rental.

I would gnerally like a place 20 mins drive from the beach on a nice golf course (Green with Trees) managed

Do you know of any place near mucia or perhaps somewhere else -- budget 160K Pounds

Cheers

JAsemma

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 5:28 AM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Jasemma

That is definately the case, where we are in Jumilla, which is due west of Alicante, we have bought a 3-bed villa on a plot of 485M2, enough for a large pool and garage, for 1/3rd less than we would pay for the same property by the coast. If you check the properties on the developers site (www.sanjosegrupo.com), we have opted for a Amopola Villa and paid little over £120k inc Garage, a pool will set us back a further £8k (8x4m). The coast is a little more over the 20mins you are looking for (45min)however, the space and the finish of these properties are second to non and for us, definately worth the little extra distance. The Developers will be constructing further sites towards the coast which may meet your criteria but this will be a few years down the line

You'll find there are probably 101 sites that can meet your criteria, it's a case of trawling through them all and finding the one with the right fit, hopefully the Members of this Forum will steer you in the right direction with some suggestions. Regarding rental, similar to my earlier post regarding the 3 major conditions you have to consider when buying to Let (Golf, Coast, Culture), as long as you can hit a minimum of 2 of the 3, your business (that is what it is!) should have some success, and obviously the less you pay for your property, the less your overhead costs and more yield you take from the revenue generated from letting.

Hope that helps

Darren

This message was last edited by Darren Ward on 3/6/2007.

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 3:04 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 3:20 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Janice

If you draw a line down from Albercete to Murcia, you'll go right passed Jumilla. Surrounding towns include Hellin, Calasparra, Yecla and Pinoso. Draw a line horizontal from Alicante, at the axis will approx be Jumilla.

Lovely area and plenty of Bodegas

Darren

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 3:28 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Janice

try this link

Click here

Darren

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 4:05 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 9:19 PM by Jasemma Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks Darren

I am visiting Mucia in july so i will have the chance to have a good look round if you know of any other good places to look at drop us a line.

Thanks

Jasemma

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 11:41 PM by polarisworld Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

I would be more than happy to give you property owners details to contact if you would like more info on renting

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank valuations - 29 posts
All things (furniture etc) to do with moving in .. websites - 76 posts
Newbie!! - 12 posts
How does selling off plan work? Advice please! - 14 posts
Buying a resale property - need my hand held!! - 133 posts
Recommended Eateries . - 26 posts
Mercedes Benz C270CDI -K ( Station waggon) - 1 posts
Read online newspapers & magazines here (Costa Blanca, Costa Calida, Costa Del Sol etc) - 2 posts
Self Drive van hire - 3 posts
do we have any rights at all - 16 posts
Are Car rental companies making you break the Law in Spain! - 57 posts
Paying Taxes in Spain (Non Residents) Donations to Emma's fund - 68 posts
Buying bedding - 11 posts
Eye on Spain review - Developers & Agents - 1 posts
General personal Spanish Tax - 6 posts
employment - 0 posts
new properties being built in the alicnte province are getting smaller? - 0 posts
Dream Hills 2 Forum - 1 posts
MAR Y SOL FORMENTERA DEL SEGURA - 10 posts
Cheap airport parking at Alicante - 3 posts
Technical Architect / Building Surveyor - 1 posts
Italy - 2 posts
Communal Areas - 10 posts
Can anyone help - 2 posts
Funny Videos you have to giggle at. - 255 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 39

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x