Question for Maria re driving licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by chelsearoy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,  just wonder if you can point me in the right direction for my problem,  I have employed and paid for the services of a company to renew my Spanish driving licence, this I did back in March BUT I still do not have the licence!  I keep getting the temporary paper substitute but I cannot understand why it is taking so long!    The company I used said initially that they would collect the licence, then they said it would be posted to me! They are telling me there is nothing they can do, it is out of their hands and everyone waits this amount of time!

I am getting worried now as I am going to UK for Christmas and will not be able to hire a car without my licence!!

Is there anything I can do?  Should the company I used be doing more to help, I do not feel they are providing a service at all!!

I would be very grateful for your thoughts,

Regards
Roy 

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 5:37 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You may have somneone who can help you acces the virtual office of the Jefatura Provincial de Trafico closest to your address:

http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/dir_telefonos/jefaturas/?tit=¿Dónde%20se%20puede%20solicitar?

Of course I would encourage to keep asking the company that you hired for this, specifying your Christmas trip.

In the meantime, those provisional documents are fully legal and covers you from fines.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 5:54 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Roy, where are you?
I renewed my licence at Malaga Tráfico office in May this year. If I had accepted another floppy bit of pink paper, it would have been issued there and then. I opted for a plastic card instead, which has to come from Madrid by post. I was also issued with a temporary document, but received the card in three weeks. 
Maybe your local Tráfico office has messed up the application. Maybe Madrid have messed up. Maybe the Post Office have lost it. Or maybe the company you paid messed up. Wherever the mess has occurred, in my experience the only way to be sure things go right here, is to do them yourself, daunting and time-consuming as it may at first appear.
If at all possible, personally, I would go to the relevant Tráfico office myself, with the temporary document, and find out what's up. 
Then, when you've sorted it out, go back to the company you used and demand your money back. Just out of interest, how much did they charge you for this non-service? Off the top of my head, I recall the renewal fee for the licence is about €17. My visit to Tráfico took up about three hours of my time tops, and the parking was free!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Oct 2008 3:57 PM by chelsearoy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi Maria and Roberto,    thank you for your replies, i am also in the Malaga area and will go myself to the Trafico office to see it can be sorted.  Can't remeber exactly how much I paid but think it was approx €60 inclusive (but exclu. medical).

Regards,
Roy

Like 0      
30 Oct 2008 5:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Tráfico are now out by the Féria ground, so you don't have to go into Malaga centre anymore. Take the exit from the N340 towards the University Hospital (Campanillos road), follow signs for the Féria ground, and look for the big tower. You should be able to park fairly close in the street. 
Give yourself plenty of time, because there are queues, of course. And best of luck!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 9:39 AM by chelsearoy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto,  very helpful - I'll post back how I get on!!!!

Regards
Roy

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 10:57 AM by chelsearoy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Guess what!!!   The licence came through at the 11th hour!! 1 day before the paper sub run out!!  Jes, thats a lot off my mind. So I did not have to go to Traffico after all!     Only 4 1/2 years to go till the next time (I'll do it myself!!).

Rgds

Roy

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 5:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Thanks for posting back - always good to hear a happy outcome!

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Pedestrian safety bridge law - 0 posts
holiday rental contract - 1 posts
Advertising Portals...Good? Bad? ADVICE! - 0 posts
Outrageous community and admin fees! - 21 posts
Peugeot 806 GLX 7 seat MPV for sale or part exchange for Spanish vehicle - 0 posts
barthy - 0 posts
Moped Driving Licence - 3 posts
Good restaurant in Villajoyosa - 0 posts
La Tercia Real - Off Plan Buying - Who Can You Trust - 3 posts
Developers using the Credit Crunch as an Excuse not to Repair Snags and Major Problems - 1 posts
"Dación en pago" - 8 posts
Planning to move to spain, got a few questions if anyone could help me! - 4 posts
Newbie here! - 3 posts
Another BIG Thank You to Sharon W - 0 posts
Anyone run a market stall? - 7 posts
Illegal President? - 8 posts
Favourite Spanish songs - 61 posts
Exchange rate €1-15/£ - 1 posts
Help! reposesion threat - 1 posts
Reposesion in Spain - 2 posts
B&Q / BRICO DEPOT in Crevillente soon - 10 posts
Flatmate wanted - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Key Lounges - 24 posts
Leaking pitched roofs - 3 posts
Costaconsoles. Mazarron - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x