Moped Driving Licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by Barni Star rating in Mijas Costa. 27 posts Send private message

Barni´s avatar
Can anyone tell me the best and quickest way to get a moped driving licence here in Spain.  I do not have a UK driving licence.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 12:00 PM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

You have to go to a driving school. My daughter did hers several years ago. I see you are Mijas Costa there was a place above the car rental place as you come into La Cala, an apartment complex, It was only a theory test,  may have changed, they give you a book, in english if required. When you think you are ready you go in and do the test paper. Also  theres another place at the horse roundabout in Fuengirola, they speak english. There are no provisional licenses here, if you are caught driving without one it is a large fine. Once you have obtained your licence, you will require insurance, about 350 euros, not easy to find a company, we did it through Axa in Fuengirola.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 5:56 PM by Barni Star rating in Mijas Costa. 27 posts Send private message

Barni´s avatar
Yeah, popped into the place in Fuengirola, everything has changed..............as with everything here in Spain you need paperwork city and go to Malaga to take theory which is only in Spanish (i know i know, I am in Spain blah blah), you can't take the book in with you and the only way is to learn every question and answer parrot fashion and then pray that the ones you have remembered come up in your test.  You also have to take a practical driving test on the Feria ground in Los Boliches.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 6:23 PM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

Bad luck Barnie,  However I know if you do your car licence in Fuengirola they send you to Malaga to do the practical test. My daughter took her car driving lessons in Marbella and took the actual test in Marbella too. She went to El Torqual driving school, left hand side of road near the Fuerte Hotel, just before you hit the shops. They do have a car instructor that speaks english so maybe they would do the  scooter test in english too....worth a try

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Good restaurant in Villajoyosa - 0 posts
La Tercia Real - Off Plan Buying - Who Can You Trust - 3 posts
Developers using the Credit Crunch as an Excuse not to Repair Snags and Major Problems - 1 posts
"Dación en pago" - 8 posts
Planning to move to spain, got a few questions if anyone could help me! - 4 posts
Newbie here! - 3 posts
Another BIG Thank You to Sharon W - 0 posts
Anyone run a market stall? - 7 posts
Illegal President? - 8 posts
Favourite Spanish songs - 61 posts
Exchange rate €1-15/£ - 1 posts
Help! reposesion threat - 1 posts
Reposesion in Spain - 2 posts
B&Q / BRICO DEPOT in Crevillente soon - 10 posts
Flatmate wanted - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Key Lounges - 24 posts
Leaking pitched roofs - 3 posts
Costaconsoles. Mazarron - 2 posts
Santander Bank - 1 posts
Swap 2 bedroom townhouse Murcia - 0 posts
Monday morning giggle - 3 posts
Esoteric healing - 0 posts
Living in Real Spain - 9 posts
Painting Holidays - 6 posts
Driving a Scooter in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x