Planning to move to spain, got a few questions if anyone could help me!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by kerisr Star rating in UK. 4 posts Send private message

Ok here goes.

I would like to move to Spain as like the sun, culture, food and way of life etc.....currently living in the UK and not cut out for the cold weather and ever increasing crime!

I am 29, female, no children etc....and have no ties in Britian. I make friends easily and have varied interest. I rent so can give up the place one my lease is up. For a living, I am employed as a PA to Directors, studied Business and Marketing at HND level, learn quickly, can do all aspects of events organising and marketing etc.....Got a great CV and good references.

Am I being realistic in thinking I will get a job like a PA or Exec Assistant in Spain?

I don't want to live in tourists hotspots and planning to visit Spain on my own to see how I would get on.

So, for those of you who have taken the plunge to see if the grass is greener; where and what would you suggest  I do?

Thanks!!!

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 6:56 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Hi Kerisr,
if you want to avoid tourist places, I would advice to go to a big city like Madrid or Barcelona, where there are loads of multinationals where you could work even without knowing Spanish. However, having Spanish can be an advantage if you want to explore the Spanish market. I have a friend who is English and is moving to Madrid to work as an engineer in a British multinational company and he does not speak any Spanish. You can always move to the different coasts but as you may know these are very popular with British tourists.
I hope this helps
Good luck
Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 7:01 PM by kerisr Star rating in UK. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks Ana,

I was thinking of a similar plan!

Like 0      
28 Oct 2008 7:05 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Great. YOu can start looking at Spanish job websites like infojobs.net I think that reed.co.uk also offers jobs in Spain for British people.
Good luck
Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
30 Oct 2008 6:26 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Kerisr,

As Nati says, infojobs.net is probably the best website for jobs in Spain.  Although saying that, I got nowhere applying for jobs through infojobs, even though my cv was a good fit for the jobs.  The replies I did get said wait until I am in Spain and then get in touch.  I think the UK address put off a lot of companies so if you can, put down a Spanish address when you register.  If not, I would wait until you get out to Spain and then start applying.  Apparently a lot of jobs are not even advertised in Spain.  It's all about networking and knowing the right people...

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Newbie here! - 3 posts
Another BIG Thank You to Sharon W - 0 posts
Anyone run a market stall? - 7 posts
Illegal President? - 8 posts
Favourite Spanish songs - 61 posts
Exchange rate €1-15/£ - 1 posts
Help! reposesion threat - 1 posts
Reposesion in Spain - 2 posts
B&Q / BRICO DEPOT in Crevillente soon - 10 posts
Flatmate wanted - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Key Lounges - 24 posts
Leaking pitched roofs - 3 posts
Costaconsoles. Mazarron - 2 posts
Santander Bank - 1 posts
Swap 2 bedroom townhouse Murcia - 0 posts
Monday morning giggle - 3 posts
Esoteric healing - 0 posts
Living in Real Spain - 9 posts
Painting Holidays - 6 posts
Driving a Scooter in Spain - 7 posts
No Water - 4 posts
im in hospital - 6 posts
impoting terrace furniture - 0 posts
deeds - 3 posts
deeds - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x