Work Wanted... Query for Justin.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Hi, Justin,

With the credit crunch hitting those of us in Spain as elsewhere, do, the forum rules allow for a thread dedicated to advertising our skills. 
Our own main source of income, teaching watercolour painting online, is drying up fast as people begin to put paying their bills above finding money for leisure activities.  I have just read on EoS of someone else having just been made redundant.  It seems that with a community as large as ours, we might be able to help each other. 

Thank you. 

Donna and Andy

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
12 Oct 2008 11:09 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hmm!

Are you thinking what I've been thinking then?

Trade skills for skills, muscle for muscle, etc.

In these dark days of potential world wide economic slow down, not a bad idea!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
12 Oct 2008 2:47 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
A good idea.
Yes, this credit crunch is hitting a lot of us .  With a forum this big would be nice to think that we could all stick together and help eachother out. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2008 4:39 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

I was thinking about just advertising trades, services, tuition, etc, and how much we charge, but now you come to mention it, some kind of bartering/like-for-like exchange of skills might not be such a bad idea.  In fact, it could be rather good.  For example, we could begin threads under geographical regions, and then a sub-thread under skills/services/tuition.  Hmm... Donna

Donna

Like 0      
12 Oct 2008 5:33 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar
well im always up for some of that.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 5:59 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
The way things were looking on Friday, I thought that by next year we would all be doing such!

However, I still think it's a good idea. It's what we used to do before money was invented ... so why not?

For example, I can fix just about any computer problem that your ever likley to come across. Also, when it comes to DIY, I am a good Painter/ Tiler/ Electrician and not a bad Plumber (just won't touch gas as not covered under House insurance).

I'm sure we all have skill sets other than that we use for our main job, and therefore could help to make ends meet via trading skill for muscle, etc!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 10/14/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 6:04 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Also, say you need to paint the outside of your house ....

Well, if we all got together in one area, we could paint each others houses in no time!

In fact, great idea ....

We could call the section ..... EOS Helping Hands

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
14 Oct 2008 7:08 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

-Changing Rooms comes to mind!!!  do you really want the outside of your finca shocking pink?!  Donna

Donna

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

newbie in need - 2 posts
Are There 2 Torreviejas? - 9 posts
Airlines forward buying their fuel - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR FURNITURE - 3 posts
quasada or villamartin - 5 posts
What is happening - 0 posts
Spanish Holiday - 4 posts
Finally all Completed!! The long and winding road! - 3 posts
EasyJet online check in - 9 posts
Damp in property Mar Menor - 1 posts
House & Animal Sit in Lubrin, Almeria - 0 posts
Taxes & charges - 5 posts
HELLO ALL - 4 posts
Parador's Payment Schedule! - 2 posts
Poliza de Afiancamiento - 2 posts
Nicky - 0 posts
jinlun 125 cruiser for sale - 5 posts
Air Conditioning - 9 posts
You know that you are old when.................................................... - 2 posts
Alboran v La Envia - 0 posts
dongles and werbles - 6 posts
Live(ish) flight arrivals/ departures information - 2 posts
PE RATTAN FURNITURE - 2 posts
OUT OF WORK. - 5 posts
Fraudulent 'Owners' - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x