Good Manana

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Sep 2008 6:49 PM by jj1111 Star rating in Casares del Sol. 21 posts Send private message

jj1111´s avatar
I take it you have to be posting a reply for it to work.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 6:53 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Manana     ñ...AHA!!! You have to type the word  first..Correct?     ññññññ   YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 6:53 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Tish, sounds like your number pad doesn't work at all! Holding down the (left) ALT key and typing various codes should enable you to do things like ñ, ¡ and ¿

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 6:56 PM by jj1111 Star rating in Casares del Sol. 21 posts Send private message

jj1111´s avatar
It's the little things that bring us joy.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 6:56 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

IT'S A NEW COMPUTER ROBERTO!!! Course it works!!   It's the person operating it that's the problem!

jj1111,( That's what I say to my OH).......... at least it takes my mind off the doom and gloom! That's gotta be a good thing.(Roberto's Alt1 64 that is)

This message was last edited by Tish on 9/18/2008.

This message was last edited by Tish on 9/18/2008.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 7:04 PM by jj1111 Star rating in Casares del Sol. 21 posts Send private message

jj1111´s avatar
 What doom and gloom Tish? Lovely day here even though it's raining.

Roberto
Where do you get the codes?

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 7:22 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Lovely day here too..and no rain! 

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 7:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
My better half, who used to be a professional trainer, has just given me a right ticking off.

Of course, while you are reading this, you can bang away on your keyboard to your heart's content - nothing will happen.
But if you post a reply and try out ALT and 164, or ALT GR (right ALT) and any vowel, you will see that you are now typing Spanish characters.
In your post, type m a (hold ALT) n (release ALT) a n a, and you should now get mañana. Phew!

jj1111 - Google for "keyboard codes", or "accent codes". It's no secret! As with everything else on computers, there are for some reason many different ways to skin whatever particular cat you need to skin. Changing to US keyboard is a good way to go, but these codes work for me:

ALT 0161 = ¡
ALT 0191 = ¿
ALT 0241 = ñ
ALT GR a,e,i,o,u = á,é,í,ó,ú

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 7:37 PM by jj1111 Star rating in Casares del Sol. 21 posts Send private message

jj1111´s avatar
Thanks Roberto. That's a great help. Wish I had known that months ago.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 11:05 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
On another thread in this forum I had an entry about some imbecilic drunken nutter who put himself in hospital and substantially redesigned the back end of my Renault Scenic in the middle of the night when it was parked up. I amnaged to fudge some 'temporary'  repairs using copious quantities of Duct tape. but regretably these repairs were not acceptable to the ITV people who insisted on a proper repair. I could not claim on the insurance for the vehicle since I was unable to provide any clues as to who caused the damage. I approached my local Renault agent who rubbed his hands gleefully and said that a repair was possible. Two weeks and 2700 euros...
This was way beyond my capabilities; sitting in my local bar one evening a neighbour suggested I spoke with a Spanish guy in the next village who runs a small garage. I had met this guy fleetingly a couple of weeks previously. So I took my car down to him for an estimate...He called one of his buddies and came up with a price...400Euros and three days off the road. Needlessto say I accepted. Knowing that he is extremely busy, I asked when would be convenient...This was on a Friday..."Bring it on on Monday "he said. Slight problem there though because this was actually mid month and we had not budgeted for the reairs. I told him this and suggested that the following week would be better. "No" he said, "bring it on on Monday, phone me on Wednesday, and pay me when its possible...."
So I did...I phoned him on the Wednesday and he said I could collect the car the following day. I reminded him about the payment problem and he just said "Whenever..."
I eventually paid him two weeks later; no penalty.
Having been ripped off a couple of times, first by my builder (A Brit) and then by a plumber (Spanish), it was nice to find someone who is just a regular guy...
Somehow just cant see this happening in England...

This message was last edited by foxbat on 9/20/2008.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

From bad to worse, whats going on? wheres my money gone? - 54 posts
NossieHi - 2 posts
Small claims Procedure (SCP) in Spain. " Monitorios" - 7 posts
4 new dining chairs for sale - 0 posts
Property management company in Rojales area - 3 posts
Alicante airport - getting petrol - 20 posts
looking for an old friend - 0 posts
Long Term Rental Wanted - 5 posts
Property wealth tax and unleased urban property tax for non fiscal residents - 4 posts
How to close our SxlBank account? - 1 posts
Wish me luck! - 5 posts
EASYJET HAVE ADDED EXTRA ITEMS TO COMPLETE FOR API - 4 posts
Registering UK Vehicle in Spain - 6 posts
Ready Made Curtains & Bed covers - 7 posts
When you've done the work and they just won't pay!! - 5 posts
Web Cam - 0 posts
Why are banks not paying out ? - 7 posts
Calpe apartments - 0 posts
wanted URGENT! Man with big van for local removal, torrevieja area - 0 posts
Hotels in Denia? - 0 posts
Spanish Alphabet? - 2 posts
Great Way to Learn Spanish-FREE! - 6 posts
ANYTHING U MISS FROM UK? - 97 posts
WHERE U FROM & HOW LONG U BEEN IN SPAIN? - 8 posts
COMPUTER ENGINEER WANTING TO MOVE TO SPAIN - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x