How to close our SxlBank account?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by Rymski Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

We opened up a Sxlbank (don't know if protocol allows me to use proper names, but in case you can't guess the x  in Sxlbank is a vowel!) account when we bought off-plan last year.

We opened up a non-resident Euro current account and a high interest Sterling account. We have heard that our development is running late and won't be ready for a while. In the meantime we are paying hefty bank charges on our Euros account.

Seeing that we won't be using the account for quite a while, I've tried to close it. I've telephoned the branch and asked to close it. I've written a letter in English asking for the account to be closed and yet all I get from Sxlbank are more statements telling what my latest (increasing) bank charges are for an account I don't use and can't seem to close. What do I need to do to cancel my account. I also need to transfer my small Sterling account deposit  back to the UK to help out with the effects of rising prices here.

Everone in the branch spoke excellent English when I opened the accounts, no one seems to understand when I try to close!

Advice appreciated.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 12:10 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I only had a non-resident account with them but due to the increase in bank charges from 9 euros to 19.50 I went in and closed the account.  They obviously wanted to know why and when I explained they were surprised.  They had changed me over to their super dooper account with all the extras and the onus was on me to say I didn't want it.

They weren't happy but then neither was I and I let them know.  I'd opened up another account with another Bank and the lady couldn't resist a jibe that she hoped they could deal with my account as effiently as they had.  

My advice book a trip out and deal with it personally if possible.   

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wish me luck! - 5 posts
EASYJET HAVE ADDED EXTRA ITEMS TO COMPLETE FOR API - 4 posts
Registering UK Vehicle in Spain - 6 posts
Ready Made Curtains & Bed covers - 7 posts
When you've done the work and they just won't pay!! - 5 posts
Web Cam - 0 posts
Why are banks not paying out ? - 7 posts
Calpe apartments - 0 posts
wanted URGENT! Man with big van for local removal, torrevieja area - 0 posts
Hotels in Denia? - 0 posts
Spanish Alphabet? - 2 posts
Great Way to Learn Spanish-FREE! - 6 posts
ANYTHING U MISS FROM UK? - 97 posts
WHERE U FROM & HOW LONG U BEEN IN SPAIN? - 8 posts
COMPUTER ENGINEER WANTING TO MOVE TO SPAIN - 12 posts
ANY REGRETS?? - 6 posts
Off to Duquesa tonight! - 1 posts
advise needed satalite tv system - 4 posts
Messy Separation laws - 1 posts
URGENTLY I NEED PROPERTIES IN eSTEPONA MARBELLA SAN PEDRO TO LET - 0 posts
Swapping Sand or Sangria - 7 posts
Help - Advice needed about changing Lawyers - 3 posts
Can anyone recommend a good estate agent? - 23 posts
Cajamurcia online transfers to Spanish accounts - 3 posts
Thanks for the photos - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x