Swapping Sand or Sangria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by Win Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi

John & I are planning on moving from Dubai to Spain in November / December 2008, hopefully to a 3 bedroom villa in the Almeria region.  Unfortunately we are having problems finding any rentals available for 1 year. 
Has anyone else experience these problems and if so how did you overcome them!

Kathy (Win)

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 10:16 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
Have you tried this site? Go to property at top and scroll down to long term rentals. There are many. Rentals are for 11 months in Spain.

Daveil

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 12:25 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Hi Kathy - Landlords will not enter into an agreement for longer than 11 months for legal reasons.

You might find it easier to go for one with a 6 months agreement with a view to renew for another 6 months.  Keep your options open incase you find it's not suitable for your needs.  Could cost you a lot of money if you decide you really have to move and you have signed up for an 11 month lease.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 1:30 PM by Win Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Renting in Dubai was a major shock apart from the cost the rent it had to be paid in advance in one cheque.  Also the minimum long term rental is one year. 

It looks like renting in Spain will be the reverse. 

Thanks Semijubilada for your advice

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 1:40 PM by Win Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I have looked at eyeonSpain long term rentals but unfortunately, I have only had a few owners respond to my emails.  Those that did could only offer 6 or 9 months.  But thanks to smijubilada I now know why.

However I will keep checking out the site and next time ask the owners what their maximum rental period is!

Thanks for your advice lifeline

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 2:49 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I'm in a different region but on another forum where most people live in the Torrevieja region, a couple on there rent and they don't seem to have any problem finding another place.  They have a lot of animals, dogs, cats and a snake, not everyones idea of good renters.

I'm sure you'll find somewhere.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 3:29 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
We have used holidaylettings and villarenters. Both websites are worth trying too.

Daveil

Like 0      
09 Oct 2008 3:18 PM by jetair Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Please use PM facility as advertising in posts is not permitted **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 10/9/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help - Advice needed about changing Lawyers - 3 posts
Can anyone recommend a good estate agent? - 23 posts
Cajamurcia online transfers to Spanish accounts - 3 posts
Thanks for the photos - 2 posts
Need cat friendly hotel near Madrid - 0 posts
Residencia - 1 posts
HELP!! Living in spain at the minute to quite thinking of going to Ibi - Alicante? - 2 posts
Importance of Legal Counsel's location - 3 posts
Can you help - 12 posts
new law registering mobile phones - 6 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL WANTED - ROJALES/BENIJOFAR/QUESADA - 3 posts
IMPORTANT - XL Airways fold - 0 posts
XL Airlines fold! - 7 posts
non residency - 1 posts
eating out - 0 posts
Spanish Rental Contract - HELP - 0 posts
GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH - 8 posts
BuddhaBeachBanus ? - 0 posts
Traffic Office Malaga - 1 posts
SERIOUSLY THOUGH! - what are the Spanish banks to do? - 158 posts
administrator wanted - 5 posts
Ryanair EDI-AGP false start - 0 posts
Congratulations on the treinta mil ( thirty thousand): 30.000 - 11 posts
Banks and Non Residency certificate - 2 posts
Who pays Community Fees - Landlord or Tenant? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x