Bad Tenants

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2008 6:58 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar

Hi Marksfish and all,

I now have a room occupancy sensor on test in my office and am recording the number of times it switches the A/C unit off a day, after which I will do a stripdown to see what the contacts look like.  It will take a while, obviously, but I will keep you up to date and file an honest appraisal.

I have taken your comments about the meters on board, and I know that we wouldn't be able to sell any to the sort of property owners who charge 3,000€ per week, but those with more modest rentals may well be interested.

The rate has just gone up (Endesa/Sevillana) from 0.092834€ / kWh to 0.107994.  This is an increase (by my calculations) of 16.33%.  These amounts are PRE taxes.  With it all added together, I am now paying 14.22 centimos/kWh including all standing charges, taxes etc. etc. 

How does that compare with UK?

Interesting fact - Endesa is an S.L.U. - that means a limited company owned by one person!  Who could that be?  A Chelsea supporter possibly?  You know, one with a Russian accent?

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 7:09 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Oh - re: my post 6:58pm - the increase in the raw cost of power was 16.33% but the electricity companies actually applied to the govenrment for a 40% increase! 

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 2:47 PM by lasiesta Star rating in Costa del Sol. 58 posts Send private message

Hi 

Anyone dealing with the rental of properties here is Spain may like to know about a useful site which we have been a member of for the past 10 months.

Tenant Check Spain allows you list your bad tenants and check your new tenants. The site provides a free application form for the tenant to sign which gives you consent to check them and then list them. 

I have run a letting agency for a number of years and have been unfortunate to have had a couple of bad tenants despite carrying out numerous checks and obtaining references. What annoyed me the most is that the tenant then goes and does this to another agent or owner. Now I list them all on this site, both good and bad.

Regards

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 3:12 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Hi Lasiesta

Have just looked at your web site http://www.tenantcheckspain.com/ and it seems to do what it says on the tin.

There were some questions regarding dataprotection - would you like to make some comments regarding that please?

I know that the law in unneccesarily tortuous in this field.

Good luck with it

Best regards

Max

This message was last edited by Max Kite on 10/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 8:53 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Maybe you should use this company

Mark

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 1:07 PM by lasiesta Star rating in Costa del Sol. 58 posts Send private message

Hello

The site isn't actually mine, I just signed up as a member and use their services, so I can't really comment too much on the Data Protection. From my understanding as long as the tenant is aware that they may be checked and/or listed and has consented in writing to this you should be ok. I have looked at other similar sites in the UK and the US and this is the same. The form that the tenant signs explains to them what the system is and how it works and they sign this to say they understand and consent to being checked and listed and also agree that you can conduct other checks such as references etc. I now use this as a matter of course and no one has objected to it. 

I did see that company in Liverpool on the news yesterday. I don't have a problem listing my bad tenants on a database but not sure I would want to oust them in that manner! Maybe if I had some form of protection (like a fleet of bodyguards) I'd consider doing it as I can imagine some tenants turning very nasty when a sign like that appears above their front door !!

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 1:25 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Re: the report on embarrassing tenants - what language was the commentator speaking?

Like 0      
09 Oct 2008 8:51 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Mark ... re: you previous post

The case of the Liverpool letting agent who stuck signs on the outside of bad payer's houses has just been on this morning's news.

There was quite a debate as to ifwhether of not  it contravened data protection, human rights etc etc.  One lawyer said that the letting agent could always go to court to evict the tenant - no word about the recovery of debt - or more importantly just how long the process would take!!

Amazingly, the only people who didn't talk (or want to talk) on camera were the people on whose house the notice "Bad Payer" had been placed!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Credit crunch times can play in favour of consumers.... why not? - 0 posts
Marina D'or holiday rentals - 0 posts
Money back through Credit Card Companies - 1 posts
Steve James? - Sky Card Supplier - 4 posts
WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THE PROGRAMS YOU'RE MISSING? TRY THIS - 9 posts
La Torre Keyholder - 0 posts
Reliable agent - 6 posts
Contract Term for Off Plan Purchase - 17 posts
Los Naranjos - 0 posts
Looking to rent - agent recommendations? - 1 posts
James Rowley - 0 posts
Our Holiday Experience - 1 posts
Players needed for the new season.... - 0 posts
Footie in Montesinos - 4 posts
Halogen Cooker - 17 posts
Community handover - 1 posts
Tax Form 215, Any Advice ? - 4 posts
CAR WANTED - 6 posts
ACCOMMODATION WANTED - short/long let - Coin, Malaga - 0 posts
List of ITEMS FOR SALE - Mijas, Malaga - 1 posts
Community blogspot/website - 0 posts
Broadband, Landlines and Mobile Phones - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - why are friends so negative! - 11 posts
Certificate of non Residence - 27 posts
Jim & Marie Cregeen from Calasparra, N.W.Murcia - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x