Gardens of Manilva

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by Sky Blues Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello All,
I would like to know if anyone else has put a deposit down on the Gardens of Manilva site. I am considering buying here myself so would appreciate any feedback you have. 
Thanks
Carl

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 8:25 PM by tracey statham Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Dont bother not a good idea

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 10:11 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

be wary, court cases a plenty stacking up here

Like 0      
24 Sep 2008 6:14 PM by loubi Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi we have broughta property on thios dvelopment and I have heard about pending court cases etc.  However, I dio not know how true this is.  Could anyone shed any light?  We don't want to hand over more money  if this is the case.  REALLY APPRECAITE ANY REPLIES

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 11:24 AM by Indigo1 Star rating in Staffordshire. 2 posts Send private message

I too have brought a property on this development, and to be honest ...... i wish i hadn't! 

Not heard about the many court cases stacking up, but would like to know more on this if anyone has any further information. 

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 11:22 AM by broadway Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi we have been contacted by two solicitors now, one who said they had started legal procedings there and another one in the uk.Not sure what to do.If anyone else has been contacted  please get in touch.
Has anyone had their mortgage yet?
Its not looking good is it.It would be great if we could all get together and go through our options via a solicitor.There must be loads of us in a similar situation.
We dont have a clue what is happening!

This message was last edited by broadway on 9/27/2008.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 6:07 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

What is the problem with this site, when we were over there looking at the development (or lack of development) we were buying on we had a run over there and it looked like it was almost finished?  We wondered if we should consider it.

Jojan

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 6:24 PM by broadway Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Consider what?What do you mean?

Like 0      
28 Sep 2008 9:23 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

We wondered whether we should consider Gardens of Manilva rather than the development we were looking at.

Jojan

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 1:17 PM by johnf Star rating in London / Costa Del S.... 66 posts Send private message

There are many factors to consider when you are buying - such as what are you looking for in the apartment. Is it to live in or rental purposes, facilities, location etc .....................

PS
What is the other development that you are comparing with.
We own an apartment ourselves locally  built by the same developer and might be able to advise from an "un-biased" point of view. 

Regards

John

Like 0      
03 Oct 2008 2:18 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Why do you not buy a proporty already built - there could not be a better time if you have the money .  Go for what they call a 'distressed' sale .   The development will be establlished and you know what you are getting.  You might even get it fully furnished  .  

Like 0      
04 Oct 2008 1:14 PM by Elle 1 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I'm just wondering why people are saying 'don't buy' and what the court cases are about? 
I've bought a 2 bed apartment and when I went out in June they looked really good. I understand they are just about ready now and am really excited. I know Ocean View are completely rubbish and completely try to rip you off - so don't deal with them. I've organised my furniture at half the cost through someone in Duquesa. I know now isn't a great time given the state of the housing market and the mortgage market/interest rates etc But if someone still wants to buy and can afford to buy - what's wrong with Gardens of Manilva?? I know they are late but I understand there have been problems getting planning pemission down there. I think if you try and aviod Ocean View as much as possible - Gardens of Manilva shoud be really good??

Like 0      
04 Oct 2008 2:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I'm not conversant with the problems that, seemingly,are  involved with the development, Elle1. However, it has nothing to do with any agent if the developer hasn't planning permission. Agents will tell you what they think you want to know. No agent is going to tell you the development hasn't permission to be there etc.  They deal with sales.

As I can only find one post on the general forum from you, can I assume you've joined the development forum for this development & have posted the other six posts in there ?

For others join here >> Gardens of Manilva Country Club  Click blue link.

Like 0      
04 Oct 2008 7:02 PM by Elle 1 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I think you've misiterpreted my posting. I was speaking  generally about building developers taking longer to get planning permission, I wasn't implying that there is no permission for GoM, I'm sure there is. I don't believe there are any problems with this site. In addition I've visited the site on several ocasions recently, there is ongoing progress and it's nearly finished now. There seems to be some negative comments on here about the site and I don't really understand why - I think it looks really good! It just feels like there is a lot of speculation on here and people worrying (unduly) but not really much in terms of hard facts. I would like to think that most people are looking fwd to getting their new apartment - as I am.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2008 4:59 PM by Rosehop Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,  I´m new to this site but specifically need to know if any one else has joined a group of unhappy and/or concerned purchasers of Gardens of Manilva and have a solicitor acting for them?  We live in Duquesa a stone´s throw from the development and have very grave concers as Ocean View appear to have taken our deposit and passed us onto the developer!  As we have retired and our life savings have gone into this, we do not know how to progress.  Can anyone give us some information please?  It would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2008 5:17 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Rosehop, 

I am afraid I do not know about the Gardens of Manilva,  but if you drill down to the 4th Oct. Morerosado's Post and click on the blue link there might be people their that can help you.

Welcome to the forum you should get some help from other people who are in the same circumstances.

Take care Pat

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Work in spain?? =S - 4 posts
Nearly There ! - 10 posts
Find spaish friends !! - 0 posts
HOWABOUT LOOKING A SEEING HOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS LIVE - 4 posts
Manilva Beach Phase 3 - 0 posts
state school in san miguel - 0 posts
new owners - 6 posts
Thanks to EOS and all its participatants - 8 posts
las brisas corralejo fuertaventura - 0 posts
New driving law in Spain, whatever next ! - 43 posts
Benefits of buying in cash ? - 3 posts
long term rental - 1 posts
Anyone else going rusty? - 65 posts
Furniture Packs - 0 posts
Does anyone know Charlie Chalk. - 1 posts
ART FOR children - 0 posts
Mobile phones - 5 posts
incorporation of SL - 5 posts
Swapping contract for properties - 0 posts
bar varal - 0 posts
ACCESSING YAHOO E-MAILS - 2 posts
Lombardos Restaurant Sotogrande - 0 posts
selling range rover year '98 - EUR 9000 - 0 posts
info on cheapest company incorporation - 0 posts
Insurance for age group 65+ travellers (Very interesting information) - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x