Anyone else going rusty?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
OK, so we do get bad summers in UK but can anyone remember a worse August than this one?
Not only driving rain on a daily basis but cold, blustery winds.  I can't remember when I last had to put on a coat (not just a waterproof) to go out in August, for goodness sake.
Suntan from Spain in June has been replaced by going rusty with all the rain. 

This message was last edited by bobaol on 8/21/2008.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 10:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Think you went a bit wrong Bob. Your photo bucket is also not private, don't know whether you realise.

These were your photos.

Our pier burnt down too  It happened on about the only day the sun shone.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/21/2008.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 10:49 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I know what you are saying have just finished moaning about the weather.     Thought we would come back from Spain in June as it should be decent weather.  Wrong?????  OH is moaning every day about it   It does not look like it is going to improve either.  The only good thing is we can watch the Olympics.   I have a daughter going to Dartmouth for a week tomorrow we could have gone as well, but it just does not appeal especially if it raining every day.       Pat  

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 10:51 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry, my mouse is running amok on me.  Didn't mean to post

This message was last edited by bobaol on 8/21/2008.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 10:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just have a drink Bob, don't worry, red X's are "in" !

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 10:13 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Yep, I'm, going rusty............
Just seen a few tell tale lines running down my legs, or is that the fake tan gone streaky?
Fake tan? August? What is going on here?!
We shuld be eating alfresco, salads and cooling desserts, but last night's dinner???
Beef casserole!!! Plus my cardigan on of course!
Roll on Sunday and the Spanish sunshine.............but I bet I will be moaning about the heat then!
Can't win eh?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 10:17 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Rusty and cold.  No wonder our 'summer clothes' last for years they only get worn for about 3 weeks each year.  Our boiler is very old and the hot water only works if we switch on the full heating too. This is a pain when it's hot but been very grateful this month for an excuse to leave it on for a while. May have to change back to winter duvet. 

London Lite (free paper published by Evening Standard / Daily Mail group) show European temperatures and OH takes delight in tellling me EVERY DAY what it is in Malaga. Personally I can't cope with 30+ but at the moment it seems preferable to 19 if we're lucky. 

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 10:29 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
No wonder our 'summer clothes' last for years they only get worn for about 3 weeks each year.

Sonia.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 11:51 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar
Rusty we came home from Spain to spend a long hot summer looking after the grandchildren. So much for that we've managed to get one rainless day with them. Rusty we're in danger of seizing up. Never mind school hols over in just over a week then back to Spain for some sun and a chance to regain our sanity. Just sorry for the kids though.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 1:02 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Just come back from a cuppa in the garden.  

No rain, well, then again no sun!!  Wasn't at all cold out there - the fact that I had a cardy and an anorak on ...........!!

Well, it shows a great degree of determination (and stupidity!!) , but I wouldn't be able to do it in the "winter"!!

Second day of air-show, and have a few equally foolhardy friends coming around to watch from the garden!  Can't even put gazebo up otherwise no view!! That patio heater will sure come in handy!  I keep on telling myself that it would be too hot for me in Spain!  Haven't convinced myself yet!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 2:15 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Cold and windy here

Threw the towel in - and put the central heating on!!!

Well, it is coming up to a Bank Holiday, isn't it!!

Depressed myself thoroughly by looking at the temperature in the CB!!

Anyone over there fancy a temporary house swap - I'm sure that you must be getting fed up of the heat by now!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 2:49 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Abbbb1,  You have put the heating on is it that cold where you are.    It was raining this morning but not bad now sun is out, just as well have my daughter's dog at the moment and I leave the back door open for her.     Yes some are complaining of the heat in the village but I would not mind some of it at the moment.    BUT OH has cataracts so have to wait till he has them done.   Patience is the word I think.      Pat

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 3:06 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Yes, I'm afraid that it is bad enough to have the CH on!!            Must be all that wind coming off the sea!!

I'm quite a hardy soul - see my post on 22 August!! but ..........!!!

Funny, hardly anyone near the beach today - but many forlorn looks on the faces of the shopkeepers.  That's the worst of having to make a living in a seaside town - they have to make the bulk of their money in the 6 weeks.  Swim-rings are going cheaply but no takers.  The only people who are probably doing well are the coffee vendors!!

I'm sure that your OH will really enjoy his recouperation in the sun  - there I go again - mentioning that WORD!!!

This message was last edited by abbbb1 on 8/24/2008.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 4:04 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Couldn't agree more with you all. I normally wouldn't consider Spain in July or August BUT this week I would have gladly exchanged sunny (not) Canterbury for our apartment on the very sunny Costa Blanca! Will just have to wait another month- please leave some sun for me!!!!

Gloria and Mike

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 7:37 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Good evening More.

That photo you reproduced in your earlier reply - I think that's the one which was in the Daily Mail last week entitled something like 'today at Guardamar'. Don't know what you think, but it looks nowt like the Guardamar I know - or have I missed something?

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 8:26 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I thought it was similar to the one I saw in Daily Mirror, they showed it beside abeach in UK which was empty.

Wonder why

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 8:29 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I saw that picture in the Daily Mail, it was not the Guaradamar I know, Must have gone to different parts, but I thought we had covered most of it,  but I might be wrong. Pat 

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 9:13 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
I am waterlogged

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 9:25 PM by Salters Star rating in Lancashire, UK. 5 posts Send private message

Salters´s avatar
Its my first post so be gentle....

Just come back from three weeks in Costa Blanca and loved the heat. Up to 42c last Saturday in Alicante!

Then I came back to the UK.... well I suppose it was nice not to rely on air conditioning at night, but come on, it rained for two days solid it seemed. I refuse to put the central heating on, after all its summer!

I understand the heat in Spain in August is extreme, however it was bearable, much more now air conditioning is more prevelant than in the 1990s; but this is balanced nicely with the fact that I woke up with blue skies and no rain for the three weeks. Try that here in the UK!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 12:23 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Well I have gone rusty, been back from Spain 3 weeks now and to be honest have only had 3 days when it hasn't rained. And I have had the central heating on and the fire.The only reason we are still here is our Daughter is starting her GSCE at school, but next summer lookout Spain, we are spending 5 weeks out there, I am not coming back to this weather again,your right its great to wake up everyday to see blue sky, and more blue sky.
But its a different story around Christmas, the nights are a bit colder, but still not as cold as here.
So its back to Omega 3 oil.Till the next visit.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furniture Packs - 0 posts
Does anyone know Charlie Chalk. - 1 posts
ART FOR children - 0 posts
Mobile phones - 5 posts
incorporation of SL - 5 posts
Swapping contract for properties - 0 posts
bar varal - 0 posts
ACCESSING YAHOO E-MAILS - 2 posts
Lombardos Restaurant Sotogrande - 0 posts
selling range rover year '98 - EUR 9000 - 0 posts
info on cheapest company incorporation - 0 posts
Insurance for age group 65+ travellers (Very interesting information) - 1 posts
New Low cost airline? Depends... - 9 posts
Flights Getting too Difficult - 17 posts
Madrid Plane crash - 9 posts
water - fine from Galassa - 4 posts
CLEANERS - 4 posts
nueva ribera beach club - 1 posts
plane crash - 2 posts
Read it and weep - 37 posts
House / home swop! Is it a good idea? Will it work? - 6 posts
BUILDER REQUIRED for balustrades & ironwork (gates) - 5 posts
cedula and legal time allowed for developers to complete - 6 posts
bank guarantees nothing - 2 posts
long or short term - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 66

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x