Work in spain?? =S

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by mcmanus123 Star rating in ???. 9 posts Send private message

hey x

We're a bit stuck... We would like to move to Spain but we don't know how we can find a job to suit our skills.

We're both work for insurance and it would help if we could get some advice

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 1:06 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You can view most of the english papers on-line now so I suggest you do a search in those to see what's being advertised.

Unfortunately anyone who doesn't have an income when coming out to Spain is going to find it hard.

Jobs are few and far between and you will be competing with lots of Spanish unemployed.

Do your research carefully so that you know what to expect for the first year or so in Spain.  Work out how much you are going to need to survive and then add 20% because prices are rising. 

Read every thread on here as a lot of your questions will have be answered at some time.

Think carefully as a lot of people are returning to the UK even the ones who have found jobs or created their own business but got bogged down by the beurocracy.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 5:47 PM by mcmanus123 Star rating in ???. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks for the advice. I hope it will help.

x

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 5:50 PM by rash29 Star rating in Hurchillo, Orihuela.. 77 posts Send private message

rash29´s avatar
Hi

We have been in Spain for 9 months now. My Husband was lucky and got work after a few months, however, I haven't been lucky. There are heardly any jobs around, mainly bar/restaurant work.

Where are you looking to move to?

As semijubilada mentioned there are lots of english newspapers online, which you can look through. There is not much happening at the moment, but never lose hope. 
My daily chore is to browse the net for jobs, read all the papers and learn Spanish! It can be frustrating believe me as I am living proof. Don't let anyone tell you that it's easy and you will not have any problems!

People say find a job before you come out here. It doesn't work like that, you need to be here, show on your CV your address, spanish number and that you have an nie. Nobody, is going to be interested in people who have an english address and no. on their CV. Believe me, been there and done that, we didn't get any responses whilst being in the UK.

If you need any help then let me know.

Rashmi

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 8:52 PM by mcmanus123 Star rating in ???. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks very much Rashmi! 
How long has it taken you to learn enough spainish to be useful?
Because I've heard it can be useful if you know basic spainsh

What does your husband work as (if i'm not being too nosey!) because we are thinking of training to be able to do something else.

A + R McManus

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nearly There ! - 10 posts
Find spaish friends !! - 0 posts
HOWABOUT LOOKING A SEEING HOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS LIVE - 4 posts
Manilva Beach Phase 3 - 0 posts
state school in san miguel - 0 posts
new owners - 6 posts
Thanks to EOS and all its participatants - 8 posts
las brisas corralejo fuertaventura - 0 posts
New driving law in Spain, whatever next ! - 43 posts
Benefits of buying in cash ? - 3 posts
long term rental - 1 posts
Anyone else going rusty? - 65 posts
Furniture Packs - 0 posts
Does anyone know Charlie Chalk. - 1 posts
ART FOR children - 0 posts
Mobile phones - 5 posts
incorporation of SL - 5 posts
Swapping contract for properties - 0 posts
bar varal - 0 posts
ACCESSING YAHOO E-MAILS - 2 posts
Lombardos Restaurant Sotogrande - 0 posts
selling range rover year '98 - EUR 9000 - 0 posts
info on cheapest company incorporation - 0 posts
Insurance for age group 65+ travellers (Very interesting information) - 1 posts
New Low cost airline? Depends... - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x