Site Security

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Justin

I have noticed that there is a potential access security issue to this web site. Each time i am logged on but supposedly close the session by closing the browser the next time i logon I am not challenged for Id or password. I know you should logout but sometimes i don't and this leaves my session logged in. If it is only me with access to the computer then no problems but if using a public internet cafe then it is possible for somebody to inadvertently got into the site as you.  Can you have an idle time timeout?

probably only a small risk and perhaps you have discounted it..

Regards

John

Like 0      
07 Feb 2007 4:46 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
To log out you need to click on  "Click here to log out" in the top right hand corner of the screen. Once you've done that, you get the following message:

Log Out and Return to Main Site

Thank you for visiting the Eye on Spain members site.  Be sure to return regularly to check your photos and message boards.

** PLEASE NOTE that you only need to log out if this is not your own PC.  If this is your own PC then there is no need to log out.  When you return to the Eye on Spain website just click the "Log in" button at the top right of any page and you will not need to log in again.

If you are using a PC in an internet cafe for example, then be sure to log out for security reasons.**

Please click the button below to confirm your request to log out.

If using a public computer, you should always log off any website properly, and not just close the browser. Better to be safe than sorry!

This message was last edited by jfj on 2/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2007 5:41 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
JC1, the site will keep you logged in unless you actually log out.  This is because many people only access the members site and we had compaints when they had to keep logging in every time.

If you are in an Internet cafe then you MUST actually click the log out button and that will actually terminate your session.

Regards

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Feb 2007 11:38 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
thanks Justin and JFJ...just shows i should be more attentive when closing down,i

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AIR CONDITIONING - - 1 posts
Original Art Work for sale - 2 posts
How to give your Spanish Lawyer a kick up the @ - 21 posts
Buying at Alboaire Golf - 0 posts
Diesal Van Wanted - 0 posts
Long Term Rental - 1 posts
Classic VW Beetle, Bargain! - 0 posts
Cheap hols etc, offers on flights to the Costas - 0 posts
HODS. It's Official! - 2 posts
RECOMMENDED PLACES TO EAT ON THE COSTA BLANCA - 1 posts
Neighbourhood watch in Spain - 1 posts
Good Restaurant Guide - 6 posts
Insurance for heart attack travellers .. help !!! - 2 posts
Ryanair flights booked Tue 06th Feb - Thu 08th Feb - 0 posts
Los Tulipanes - Palomares Village - 0 posts
Speeding Fine - 25 posts
A MUST READ!! - 21 posts
Dental Care - 25 posts
A sad state of affairs - 12 posts
Deposit Refund - 1 posts
Lynx Dishwasher - Brand New (unwanted item in builders' furniture pack) - 6 posts
Thank you Jeansis - 3 posts
Doing my sums. - 3 posts
Things to do - 1 posts
furniture stores - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x