Chiropractor needed

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I seem to have somewhat hurt my back (I think it's all that gym stuff that's done it).

Can anyone recommend a decent chiropractor or osteopath anywhere from say Gibraltar to Marbella?

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 6:32 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Justin, maybe it's carrying around that "laptop" that has done it - not the gym stuff!! I wish I could recommend someone to you, although maybe a few Ibuprofen mgs will help!! Wish you better!

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 6:44 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Can't help, sorry, but get some Diclofenac Sodium tabs from your GP.

Anti inflamatories, they are very good.

This knowledge from me, a long suffering arthritis fan!.........

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 6:49 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I agree, Fibby! Nothing better than being kicked into gear by a decent dose of anti-inflamatories! Take about 1200mg (two x 600mg) of Brufen (Ibruprofen) and it will do the trick. Unless, of course, you've actually done something really drastic!! Then you need to see a doctor!!!

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 8:33 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Having just recovered from a bad back - (trip to the doctor, tablets, more tablets & a few trips to the acute pain clinic for 'manipulation' by the resident sadist - sorry physio) can sympathise utterly. Cocodamol is fantastic - if it doesn't touch it get yourself to the quack for codeine tablets & paracetamol (codeine tablets sent me a bit strange though - more so than usual anyway - so had to stop them) Also anti inflammatory tablets. Back & stretching exercises also but find someone who knows what they are talking about otherwise you could make it worse.

The good news is it does get better but only after you've walked around like an old crone for a while!

Big tip as well that works a treat - warmth. I've got a plug in heated pillow type thing from Boots that is worth it's weight in gold. Failing that try a hot water bottle.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 9:57 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

I agree with Annie, co-codamol is definitely the stuff, works wonders. The codeine component converts to morphine once in your system which is why it makes some people a little 'high'.

If you dont fancy that then Ibuprofen 400mg and Paracetamol 1g 4x per day will do the trick. You can take them both at the same time with no probs. 

Can't recommend a professional I'm afraid, not unless you are in Sussex any time soon!!

Hope you feel better soon.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 2:26 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Cripes Lewjan that explains a lot for me! I was on a really high codeine dose & felt extremely strange! I was HIGH?!! - as a kite!!! :)

Thanks for the explanation.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 2:36 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 2:50 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Co-codamol is widely available in the UK Jeans Sis & definitely not banned  - very common drug & cheap to buy as well.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 2:57 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 3:45 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Wow, thanks for all the feedback.

I met with Smiley for coffee today and he suggested a Chirpractor that he uses.  So I'll give him a try and see what happens.

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 5:25 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

quite right JeansSis, it is indeed Co-proxamol that is not longer available (other name Distalgesic).

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 5:58 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
I hope your back feels better soon Justin. You might also want to try an osteopath. I had a prolapsed disk a few years ago, and the best pain relief I used to get was from the osteopath. It was great for relieving the tension, and I found it more effective than my chiropractor and physiotherapist.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2007 1:16 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi gang I missed this thread when posting last night but for anyone on the CDS looking for a chiropractor the one I use is a guy called Tim Errington at Marbella Chiropractic in Guadalmina. Had periodically needed all sorts of gear to get me through back problems and I cannot recommend him enough - I can actually sleep in a bed now as opposed to on the floor ...and turn my neck to reverse the car as opposed to using the rear view mirror. Anti inflammatories (I think thats mis-spelt but cant be bothered to check its too late) are all well and good but they have some severe side effects and if one can find an alternative I reckon it has to be better - treat the cause not the symptom.   

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

When the plans changed (Brisas Del Mar) - 0 posts
Mimosa Beach Gardens - 27 posts
** EDITED ** - 2 posts
Anyone from Staffordshire or Cheshire? - 1 posts
Mijas area, Costa Del Sol - 3 posts
Renting out - 1 posts
Spanish Mortgages - high set up costs? - 5 posts
Spanish Wills - 4 posts
Interesting website.. Professional pilots chatting to each other. - 13 posts
security grills - 11 posts
water boilers - 12 posts
Easyjet £5 extra APD Tax - 40 posts
EURO RATE - 15 posts
Compleaños Feliz Justin - 6 posts
mark & karen - 2 posts
Happy 33rd Birthday Justin! - 0 posts
RyanAir 2 for 1 offer - 1 posts
***RATE ALERT!*** - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
Free Web Sites - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Message from Debbie Muirhead - 3 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Made Easy! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x