EURO RATE

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

The rate has just gone up to 1.51 Pat anyone trasnferring money over.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2007 12:39 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2007 12:41 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
15 Jan 2007 9:37 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
We are transferring our 20% tommorrow and we have got a rate of 1.50

Like 0      
15 Jan 2007 10:18 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Conrad, Brilliant rate who was that with Pat

Like 0      
15 Jan 2007 10:48 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 1:44 PM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar

I transferred €2000 yesterday from the Halifax here to Banco Halifax Hispania and got a rate of 1.4960 which I thought was very good.

1.5128 seem exceptional unless you are transferring tens of thousands!!

Like 0      
16 Jan 2007 2:05 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 12:48 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
JeansSis you cant sacrifice a beer a day - sacrilege!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 12:57 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 1:21 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Good girl!! Got your priorites right!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 12:51 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Think the 1.51 rate is actually the BUSINESS RATE and you do NOT get offered this by any money exchanges, on average whatever the business rate is, knock off between l.5 and 2 euros and that is what you get if you are transferring about 4 or 5 thousand punds.  Worth it if you still have deposits to pay.

I myself am watching the rate very closely as final deposit to make by mid-February, have been hanging off all week but think I'll end up sending it this week....last check this morning business rate at 1.5225 so reckon I'll get offered around 1.50 mark.

I personally think for smaller amounts, do what JeansSis does or set up a SET MONTHLY amount with the likes of HiFX or a large lender like that, they'll make you a set offer to pay mortgage and offer you a rate dependent on whether you want to stick to it for between 6 monthe and 2 years., if it's not high enough you can take your chances with the variable rate at the Halifax.

Sharon

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 1:13 PM by dean melling Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

hi

Just to let you know last week I bought approx £23k sterling and exchanged at 1.4944.  It has since gone up a little.....typical!!!!! But not bad all the same.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 9:49 AM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar
I got 25k @ 1.49 last week and could have held on for a bit more but that was a figure I was happy with, when I put my deposit down nearly 3 years ago it was only got 1.42. and was looking to the rate this time to be around 1.47 so the extra is a bonus. Also the bonus is if it does stay at the rate it is or just drops a bit we all benefit when the mortgage is due.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 11:17 AM by westport Star rating in London & Co.Mayo Ire.... 509 posts Send private message

Hi All

I phoned HIFX yesterday 18/1/07. They gave me a spot deal of 1.504.

Westport

Like 0      
02 Feb 2007 5:02 PM by sm3 Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hi All.

With ref to the Nationwide rate, you will not get a better rate. The rate that the Nationwide offers on its Visa and Debit cards are the FULL bank rate, not the usual rate you would get through the likes of the post office. Also, unlike other cards they do not charge a conversion fee ! ( usually £2 - £3 )

All you require is a current account with them and if you use the online banking, it enables you to transfer money from different accounts ( Nationwide accounts ) to cover any payments. It is great for going abroad and saves a lot of money in charges.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Compleaños Feliz Justin - 6 posts
mark & karen - 2 posts
Happy 33rd Birthday Justin! - 0 posts
RyanAir 2 for 1 offer - 1 posts
***RATE ALERT!*** - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
Free Web Sites - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Message from Debbie Muirhead - 3 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Made Easy! - 0 posts
Flying to Gib with Gib Air - 20 posts
VERY DISTESSED PROPERTY SALE BEFORE FEB! - 0 posts
We may just go beyond the date we fixed the exchange rate for - 5 posts
BMI have cancelled their route Heathrow to Alicante Sept to July - 0 posts
Patrimonio Familiar - 7 posts
Can anyone recommend a good agent - 18 posts
el rincon - 2 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN? - 0 posts
Spanish or British ???? - 20 posts
Developer Fees - 16 posts
Taxation from 2007 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x