Anyone out there from Northern Costa Blanca ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I feel I am always banging on about this but cant quite believe that there are so few people logged onto this great web site from North of Alicante.

We have an apartment in Altea Hills and apart from the few people who are in the same apartment block I dont  see much post from this area.

Does anyone know why this is ?

Its a great site - and you only have to look at some of the other sites to realise just how great !

So - if you are out there it would be great to hear from you and share info. about restaurants,walks shopping etc.

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
28 Oct 2007 10:46 AM by cafeconleche Star rating in Leeds/Castalla Costa.... 3 posts Send private message

Hi Gilly,

We have a home in Castalla which is inland and a bit north from Alicante, so do we qualify? We only completed in July and it's a holiday home at the moment but we love it. We are surrounded by mountains and just 1/2 hour from the beaches. Is Altea Hills anywhere near the Altea Market? We want to get the train there from El campello sometime. Hope you get more replys! Bernie.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2007 12:38 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi there Bernie,

You certainly do qualify  and its lovely to know that there are other 'Northerners' out there.We are not far from the Altea Market and the little train runs right along to Denia..

Altea Hills is about 2 km's  North of Altea itself jusy off the 322.

We have only just completed too and are only able to use it for holidays - not that we wouldnt prefer to have longer as going home is depressing to say the least. 

The area is beautiful isnt it both along the coast and inland.Do email if you find anywhere amazing to eat etc,

Here's to Spain !!

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
28 Oct 2007 8:16 PM by Rob9630862 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Gilly

We are further north than you guys, we are in Moraira and we love it.  We took the train to Altea earlier this year, what a great trip through the mountains and the scenery was stunning. Hope to hear from more people up this way, I'm sure there are lots?

Robert

Like 0      
28 Oct 2007 10:26 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi Rob,

I love Moraira too,have you tried the Olive Tree deli (or Branch - not sure which ) the food is really good .Not very Spanish though as run by English people and full of English people !

Still really nice ambience and incredible value.I believe they have different  restaurant too still in Moraira - have you tried it ? 

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 7:50 AM by Rob9630862 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Gilly

The olive Tree was the first place we were taken to by our agent when we were buying our Villa, since then to be honest we haven't been to many restaurant in Moraira, next year we are hope we will have more time for eating out!

Robert

Like 0      
10 Nov 2007 9:25 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Hi All

Just back from Moraira...we are moving out there next year...summer. Restaurants...too many to mention..my favourites are

El Pou - Down by the Marina...walk towards it and there is a set of steps to the old part of Moraira. The spanish is nice and rustic and the menu is typically spanish. Waiters are fab and the food is Xcellent

El Runcon - If you walk up from the church in the square you can see a restaurant on the first floor. Its outstanding and if you like steaks they have the best we have found so far. Great with children and it is run by one chap who does the lot. He is a really nice guy

Indian Palace - If you like Indian this is one of the best we found. If you like your curry hot then I would recommend you ask for a Vindaloo or Phal as these are similar to Madras strength

El Castillo - each bar...excellent lunchtime tapas and evening Paella

If you fancy a little drive to oliva

Las Rusticas on the N332 going through Oliva. The food is so cheap there...Tapas are great so are the Pizzas for the kids. They also serve the BEST Coffee we have ever found

Enjoy...mmmm

Like 0      
10 Nov 2007 9:43 AM by Rob9630862 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you Pknott...Some very useful info, just what we were looking for. I have printed out your posting and we may just try a few of your  favourites in a couple weeks when we go out again.

What was the weather like, I believe its been awfull lately?

Regards

Robert 

Like 0      
10 Nov 2007 1:19 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
It was OK...ish..but we arrived just after the storms that walloped the Coast...Calpe looked like a mud bath..it peaked at 23 but at night was quite nippy...you need long trousers and a jacket at night

Couple more recs...

El Nido - On the front by the sculpture of the Man woman and little boy on the road into the marina...Fillet steak again very good

Ifach - Just by Nido was also very good....fish was good

Let us know how you get on...

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 7:15 AM by Rob9630862 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks again,

Any recs...on a good Chinese restaurant, as you know there are so many around?

Regards

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 9:54 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Ah...now thats where we had an issue...we tried one which is the corner of the passeo which follows down from the Tower on teh sea front and it was a complete disaster. That initself was strange in that it was packed the night before we ate there...It was very cheap, but not enjoyable

Sorry can't help more...

Have a good one and let us know how you find things

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 10:44 AM by Rob9630862 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

My wife is Chinese, I'll get her opinion next time we go!!

Wonder if it will Chinese/English or Chinese/Spanish or and hope Chinese/Chinese Food?

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 10:48 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

The Banana Tree in Ciudad Quesada is one of teh best Chinese restaurants I have ever come across.

The food excellent & they take a lot of time over presentation. It is also incredibly cheap. We had 2 set menus for 6 people in total & all our drinks plus ice cream if required & the bill was 85 euros.

You definitiely need to book though - they were turning people away even in February.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 11:49 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Noreen

We've STILL yet to try it. (Think those on this thread are talking about a lot further up the coast though.)

I have many faves that are smallish restaurants & I'm keeping them secret so we can hopefully get a table in future. Just think that over 20,000 members & families could be trying to book Banana Tree for next Saturday.  

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 12:16 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Morerosado

Geography never was my strong point.

Maybe they will be able to open another "branch" of the Banana Tree with all those extra bookings.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GO - 4 posts
Baby Emma appeal - update - 4 posts
wealth tax - 28 posts
Property costs calculator - 0 posts
Mr - 14 posts
Introduction - 3 posts
Any chance of my PMs ever working again ? - 6 posts
Taxi licence...... - 0 posts
JUST INTRODUCING MYSELF :) - 9 posts
Communal Dishes - 60 posts
Introduction. - 1 posts
Restaurants close to La Torre - 7 posts
GB Airways - 0 posts
Selling off plan tax?? - 3 posts
Secluded villa wanted for photo shoot....... - 2 posts
Question about Lo crispin. - 8 posts
general information - 5 posts
Hi everyone - 3 posts
english radio stations - 12 posts
Watchdog??? - 8 posts
Orihuela Costa - Development Hell - 6 posts
Road directions - 6 posts
Bank Guarantee - 0 posts
music - 2 posts
Problems with Spanish Lawyer - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x