english radio stations

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by PVP Star rating in birmingham. 44 posts Send private message

What  English speaking Radio Stations can you pick up in the Costa Brava and I don't  mean the likes of Radio ONE

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 9:25 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Nothing wrong with a bit of Moyles an Whiley . They can keep the rest though .

Mark

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 9:49 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar
Totally agree with Marksfish.

Where we live we have a choice of Spanish or Spanish and varying from 'hits of the 70s, 80s and 90s (yawn...) to general chit chat and Flamenco music.

We listen to radio stations (mainly Radio One I'll admit) through our PC - just log in to the BBC and have it going in the background.  But with a PC most radio stations from all over the World are available.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 9:55 PM by PVP Star rating in birmingham. 44 posts Send private message

Thanks Summer I was wondering if you could still pick up any BBC progs on a normal radio, I am assuming getting the Internet will not be so easy. Paul

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 10:05 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Will you or can you have Sky? There are loads of radio stations on there covering all genres.

Mark

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 11:09 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar
You can get BBC World Service on short wave, but that's about all.  As you are still in the UK at the moment, you could check out 'world service' on bbc.co.uk to find out the frequencies.

As to the internet, we were pleasantly asurprised to find that we can get ADSL, even though we live in a small village (although we had to wait for ages for Telefonica to install our landline first ),

However, ADSL is only really a viable option if you are planning to live out here permanently, as it costs 39 euros per month whether you use it or not (and that's on top of the telephone rental) - although there are probably cheaper deals out there if you look around.

The other thing I would stress is to ensure your PC has very good suge protection as power outages and surges are a big problem out here (at least in the Granada area anyway).  We frequently have to reboot our whole PC system after a power cut.  Can be very frustrating!

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 7:39 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

If you can get broadband there is an internet radio you can buy.

We have one bought from Curry/Comets and it picks up virtually every British station you coud possible want, including the small local ones.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 9:14 AM by PVP Star rating in birmingham. 44 posts Send private message

Many thanks I will look into suggestions, I knew about the Internet but wondered if there were any alternatives I remember listening to Radio 4 once in Hong Kong, I am not into POP cheers Paul

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 10:51 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

Hello Paul,

We visit our flat in Algorfa and was very suprised to be able to pick up radio 2 & 4 on our cheap music system. Not on the normal wavelengths but quite clear.

Sorry I am a Chris Evans fan so it rather made my day!

Sue

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 11:13 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Pvp.

In the Costa Blanca area you have quite a good choice of English Radio stations.

TKO is quite good, TKO Gold(sister station)60s,70,80s is quite good, you also have sunshine Fm and REM FM that goes all the way down to the CDS.

we listen to Radio 2 in the office,local English in the car and of course if you have satelite tv in Spain you automatically get Capital Gold,Radio ,2,3,4,5 5live tec...etc....

The local stations are the best for local info,traffic weather etc..etc...

Georgia

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 2:22 PM by PVP Star rating in birmingham. 44 posts Send private message

Thanks  for the information have made notes cheers Paul

Like 0      
25 Mar 2012 4:17 PM by italkfm Star rating in Kempinski Hotel - Es.... 3 posts Send private message

italkfm´s avatar

You can now recieve iTalkFM on the Costa Blanca on 102.7 or anywhere in the world via our live stream on the internet

Like 0      
28 Mar 2012 1:56 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

This thread shows a useful overview..
http://www.eyeonspain.com/radio/radio-stations-spain.aspx

or here's a list of all the spanish 'streaming' stations
http://www.listenlive.eu/spain.html

I note that most of the english-speaking stations describe themselves as the No1 / biggest / bestest etc etc!

This message was last edited by growler on 28/03/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Watchdog??? - 8 posts
Orihuela Costa - Development Hell - 6 posts
Road directions - 6 posts
Bank Guarantee - 0 posts
music - 2 posts
Problems with Spanish Lawyer - 4 posts
Taking everything - 8 posts
Soneyia - 3 posts
Question ( s ) of the day...........again. - 3 posts
Which mortgage conditions to chose - 21 posts
Can nigerians buy in spain? - 2 posts
lifts - 17 posts
Rights when left with Furniture Pack on Non Completion - 1 posts
Electronics - 0 posts
Acta de Acrediaci An de Finde Obra - 10 posts
Becky's Duquesa 9th November, anyone fancy it. - 94 posts
Renting property - 8 posts
Abusive clause Question - 5 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Capital Gains or inherited property - 1 posts
Gestoria Soria Bonilla - 0 posts
Hi Im Jon and i have a 7 year ongoing battle with Aroca Seiquer - 1 posts
CASE STUDY NEEDED: USED EQUITY RELEASE ON FOR AN OVERSEAS PROPERTY? - 0 posts
Health Insuarance for cancer sufferers? - 7 posts
Long term rental contracts. - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x