Banc Sabadell Regular Transfer Plan

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2015 10:23 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi,

Does anyone know what the exchange rate is that Banc Sabadell use for their Regular Transfer Plan? is it the interbank rate?  It seems a better alternative than using a currency exchange service providing the exchange rates are not a rip off.

I have trawled their website and EOS to no avail, I have also asked the question of Banc Sabadell via their online form just now and don't expect to receive an immediate reply, and then wondered if any EOS members knew.

Thanks

kelju

Like 0      
11 Jul 2015 9:24 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi kelju

I think it all depends on the amount you transfer in.Certain amounts over say £5000 would attract a different exchange rate as opposed to £1000. But of course a few points are deducted as the Bank needs to make some sort of return on this transaction.. I hear some Foreign Exhange Companies use the Commercial rate,whatever that is.Hope this helps.

Nigel

Like 0      
11 Jul 2015 9:33 AM by jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

11/6/15 I had my £650 sent over on my monthly payment and received 1.35e that is a direct debit account I have with them, if I had to send a bigger amount I would most likely use a exchange company.

hope this helps I find them a good bank, but you have to look round, though arranging a DDebit with no UK bank charges is hard to find.

jon

Like 0      
11 Jul 2015 8:40 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I prefer to use Xe.com to send my money as the exchange is usually pretty good. It usually arrives at Sabadell same day and I get a text message to say there is a deposit too.

Mark

Like 0      
13 Jul 2015 10:46 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Thanks all for the replies, I received the following email from Banc Sabadell

Answering your email, we would like to inform you that we use the fixing rate updated at midday. 

You can check it at our site www.bancsabadell.com, where you will find a tab called BSmarkets. The rate appears clicking at "Divisas" / "Cambios de cierre".

So the information is on their website, providing you know where to look of course smiley and it seems a reasonable rate given that I only want to transfer about £200 per month.

kelju

This message was last edited by kelju on 13/07/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

inheritance tax liability on UK inheritance after leaving Spain - 1 posts
A snapshot or a trend? - 9 posts
Twice as many EU immigrants claiming unemployment benefits in UK than vice versa, new research shows - 15 posts
INHERITANCE TAX ON WORLDWIDE ESTATE OR ONLY SPANISH ASSETS? - 23 posts
Health tourists UK: How much do they cost and who pays? - 6 posts
Dogs defecating - 9 posts
Tenerife for the winter - 0 posts
Propane gas bottle for BBQ - 6 posts
Do I Take My White Goods or Buy New in Spain - 13 posts
A legal question relating to offplan Bank debt and resale of Bank repossessed property - 2 posts
NIE - 9 posts
I need a fence putting up!!! - 0 posts
experience with bb4s internet - 0 posts
What is 'Normal' TV in Spain? - 13 posts
job wanted - 4 posts
advice needed - 0 posts
New in Camposol - 4 posts
New to Spain - 0 posts
help....is it doable driving to murcia from uk with 2 drivers & no stop over - 13 posts
How together from Los alcazares to seville - 2 posts
Local Doctors in Spain - 9 posts
Spanish law regarding renting out property short term - 2 posts
Corgi Registered Gas Fitter - Benalmadena - 5 posts
Metal grills and gate refurbishment - 1 posts
Duquesa to Puerto Banus Transport - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x