Declaration of Economic Activity

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2015 11:42 AM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hello! Has anyone else received this form from their bank? I received an urgent message from my bank to fill in a Declaration of Economic Activity form by the 30/04/2015 with the threat of blocking my bank account if they do not receive it by that date. I promptly e-mailed it as well as sending it in the post to my bank. Considering it's importantance I have asked them for a receipt. They have not responded. Has anyone else had this problem?

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 2:10 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Had to inquire at my branch of CAJAMAR for this form which they printed off.

No ID required from me but once signed the form stays in office without giving anyone a copy.

Some banks want to see ID, some dont. Some need a form signed stating length of time in Spain and occupation....some don't.   Chaos.

Only thing  all banks seem to agree on is no account holder is given any proof the law is being adhered to. Suppose we will all know on May 1st if we cannot access our dinero.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 4:04 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

I didn't know there was an actual form. When we changed to a resident account about 4 years ago, they took a photocopy of our passport and asked questions about employment etc plus copied my husband's residency card (they didn't ask for mine).

When we went in recently to ask about this rule, we were told we were all up to date and didn't need to do anything further. That was with Bankia. Mind you, the place was a bit full with Spanish handing over their DNI cards.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 4:07 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Thank you floella. I'm out of the country at the moment so I don't want my account blocked as this would disable direct debits. It's a bit of a nightmare sadno

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 5:22 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Apparently direct debits aren't affected until June 1st.

From speaking with friends the CAJAMAR bank is the only one requiring a form to be signed regarding whether one was employed, unemployed or on a pension. For money laundering purposes I presume.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 6:01 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

My issue is really that they aren't bothering to acknowledge receipt  of this imortant document :-(

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 7:52 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Totally agree pegeen but this is how Spain works because if anything goes wrong the lawmakers , financial institutions and builders can plead ignorance. A morally corrupt system. 

However those fortunate enough to send via email have a least an iota of proof. We who had to sign in the bank have none.

So it fingers, and toes, crossed.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 8:00 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

We are with Cajamar. We filled in our form...went to the bank.......handed it in and left with no receipt. We offered passports etc. but they were not touched. 

What we find weird is - the form asked for passport details, address, income, political actvity, but NOWHERE did they ask for our bank account number. How on earth are they going to marry up our info with our account!! Thank goodness our name is not Smith!

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 8:28 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Peagreen and randolph

There is another thread here that will give you more details.

Here is a article from Cinco dais that better explains what's going on.

This is a law passed in 2010 (ley10/2010) that the banks have had five years to comply with but have only now chosen to act upon.

It involves all citzens with bank accounts not only foreigners - must be a nightmare.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 9:17 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Thank you TEAM GB. I checked out the other thread by following the links you provided. I hope they accept the info I have sent to documentacion@grupocajamar.com as they are not responding to my request of a receipt. Like I said in my original post I have also mailed a copy to my local bank for which I have proof of posting. They haven't responded to my request either. It all seems indicative of their inability to cope with all this red tape.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2015 11:10 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info Team GB - but you misunderstand our problem.

I fully understand the  background and the reasons for what is happening - BUT the execution is ludicrous!!!!!!.

How can a bank collect info without asking which account it refers to?

?????????

This message was last edited by randolph on 27/04/2015.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2015 8:54 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Quote...How can a bank collect info without asking for which account it refers to?

The same way the Spanish tax office can embargo ones bank account without knowing any bank details. By your NIE number.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2015 8:54 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Quote...How can a bank collect info without asking for which account it refers to?

The same way the Spanish tax office can embargo ones bank account without knowing any bank details. By your NIE number.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2015 9:49 AM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Nope! Didn't ask for NIE. The only info it asked for was

name, address, passport number, income and any political activity.

I know the bank has copies of our passort and our address but those would have to be manually looked up and checked. Seems a lengthy process............

Like 0      
27 Apr 2015 12:18 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Hi, Randolph.  Stop worrying.  I am pretty sure your bank can locate all and any accounts you have with them simply by introducing your name in the system.  They can also locate any account under someone else's name if you are an authorized signature on that account by simply entering your name.  I operate with three different banks in Spain and all of them can find all my accounts with them and those where I am an authorized signature simply by entering my name on their respective systems

Like 0      
27 Apr 2015 1:03 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

It's the same as all these unwanted emails, phone calls and messages from people or companies you have never had anything to do with, or spoken to,  but get daily bombarded with rubbish.

Anybody no matter who can find out everything about you with just one finger push these days, could be frightening if you let it be, but thats the times we now all live in.

Big money making business selling your private information these days.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2015 1:05 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

After reading the article in Murcia Today about this, I went to my branch of the Cajamar. They asked if I'd been sent a letter (I hadn't) then photocopied my passport. they didn't give me any form to complete but reminded me if when my passport is renewed, I would have to bring it in to them to be copied. That was it

Like 0      
27 Apr 2015 1:36 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi Lobin!

Not worried - just amazed at the lack of organization and structure. 

Needs a woman in charge!!!  :)

p.s I bet everyone has a horror story about simple banking errors causing massive headaches. Once it happens to you - you are always prepared for it to happen again!

Like 0      
27 Apr 2015 1:38 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi Lobin!

Not worried - just amazed at the lack of organization and structure. 

Needs a woman in charge!!!  :)

p.s I bet everyone has a horror story about simple banking errors causing massive headaches. Once it happens to you - you are always prepared for it to happen again!

Like 0      
18 Jul 2015 8:40 PM by JJL55 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Pegeen,

I'd be grateful if you could email me your form on Declaration of Economic Activity (DEA) please, so I could email it to my BBVA bank. I'll email you my address privately. I'll explain what's been happening to me here.

I banked with BBVA as non-resident as a joint account with my wife.

In the middle of June 2015, I received a letter from the bank informing me that my account is provisionally closed from the end of April 2015, as I had not provided the following documents. This is the first time I heard of it. I emailed them our passports, and received an email back saying this was not enough. I managed to find and signed the Non-resident declaration forms and emailed to the bank. Again, the reply said "not enough" as we would need the declaration of economic activity(DEA) information by phoning a number from UK. I did this and it was just a call centre telling me to log on to my oncall account to obtain an DEA form. But, we do not have online access to our account as we have until now never needed one. So the call centre gave me my branch phone number to get some PIN numbers. I rang and rang and rang and rang at different times and days, nobody ever answered the phone. I also tried to register on BBVA website for online access, but the system just would not let me do it, even though I clicked "register". So I have made no progress. It's now a month on, and today I have received another letter from the bank telling me to do exactly the same things that I had been trying to do to re-open my bank accountSpain. Our account has two important direct debits, namely local authority charges and electricity bills. We're not going to Spain again until October. The letter says if no documents after 3 months the account will be closed permanently, with the risk of the electricity supply cut off.  I'm hoping that they will accept your DEA form. Will you send it to me please?

Much obliged

Regards

JJL55

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

swimming pool parties - 5 posts
Towing a caravan from UK to Spain - 4 posts
scottish couple traveling from santander to sax - 0 posts
All inclusive car hire - 3 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola or nearby - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications - 14 posts
Wanted long term rental country house - 0 posts
Financial Adviser moving to Spain - 9 posts
Registering a UK motorbike in Spain - 1 posts
Planning our move to Spain - 1 posts
Where can I find the co-efficient to calculate the Plusvalia tax, - 3 posts
Solar power for community lighting - 3 posts
COSTAZUL BUSES FROM ALICANTE TO CARTAGENA - 1 posts
How difficult is it to get a job? - 19 posts
Airport transfer - 7 posts
pool on complex - 0 posts
Holiday walks. - 0 posts
IVA rates - 1 posts
halogen oven - 2 posts
Where has everybody gone ? - 6 posts
Resident to Non-resident bank account - 9 posts
Hacienda chasing new home owners - 1 posts
Bankruptcy - and administrators - 3 posts
holiday home/destination between Malaga and Almeria & lawyer advice - 0 posts
New Bank Regulations digital ID - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x