Where has everybody gone ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2015 12:30 PM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

What ever happened to the hundreds of Brits who lost large amounts of money to Huma. The one's who stayed with Almanzora or transfered to Tabernas like I did. We are talking millions lost to the builders/Solicitors/Banks, where did it all go, who has it, what's happening? I was informed that my case against Huma was upheld and my name appeared on the creditors list.  Years, Years, Years later and still nothing, my Solicitor just says well that's Spain, that is when he can be bothered to reply. Are we all suppose to just forget about it, forget about our savings that we worked hard for just gone. Are we suppose to accept that the builder / Solicitor and Bank managers say thankyou to the Brits when they look at their own bank accounts swollen from our hard worked savings. I know that this was not just happening to us with our new build development, but to thousands of Brits all across Spain who have totalled up losses of 300/400 even 500 million. It was and still is a disgrace.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2015 1:25 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The scams are still going on bent lawyers/bent estate agent's/cow boy builders all getting away with pure fraud.

Like 1      
19 Apr 2015 2:10 PM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

Is there nobody high up in the official Spanish ranks who cares what is has been going on and still is. Are they not bothered, is it because we are not Spanish, there are more potential house purchasers who are now aware of the wrong doing's and will not buy. This cannot help with the Spanish housing which is a major player in the Spanish economy, if we can see that why don't they. My developer went under owing over 100 million euros and got a couple of years in prison so I have been told.. When you look at the work carried out on either development Almanzora or Tabernas it equates to a fraction of that amount. So my question is where is the rest, what did he do with it, for 50 or 60 million euros stashed away somewhere, I'd do a couple of years in prison.

Like 1      
20 Apr 2015 2:14 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

20 Apr 2015 5:01 PM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

Thank you Mariadecastro, it's good to know that people are getting results, however I also won my case against Huma but nothing ever came of it. Perhaps my Solicitor has just given up as well,

Like 0      
20 Apr 2015 5:25 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

A major problem in Spain is one Seashell has mentioned here. It's all very well getting a court judgment in your favour against unscrupulous companies. However getting back the money they plundered is all together a different story.

Many companies hide their assets in complicated company structures, ownership patterns and shame bankruptcy. It is then almost impossible to recover the money.

Getting court judgment in your favour is a Pyric victory. ie: one that comes at too greater cost. The moral high ground is all very well but you still have a gaping hole in your bank account. The business morals of commercial Spain are simple, we win your lose.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2015 10:30 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

How many have insisted that details are forwarded (reported) to both the relevant authorities in Spain and more importantly perhaps the European Commission, by the legal teams representing you (since they are credible in the eyes of the law) , so that these instances can be placed on official record for monitoring and analysis by those responsible for safeguarding the rule of law?

How many from the legal profession have written to these higher powers in the European Commission to identify that these instances relating to their clients and the failure to enforce judgements against the Banks are now compromising the rule of law in Spain, and sadly in the process are doing a grave disservice to the Justice system in Spain?

Credibility cannot be questioned when evidence is forthcoming from those good professionals who act as legal representatives intent on making Banks accountable for abuses of this nature. They surely must be as frustrated as the clients they represent. This failure to effectively enforce cannot nor should continue indefinitely and needs to be highlighted at the highest level in both Spain and the European Union by good legal professionals.

Also how many individuals have identified this failure of timely justice to their MEPs (www.writetothem.com) in the hope that this will be placed on record so as to be better monitored and assessed by the Commission, in terms of establishing effective protection and timely enforcement of innocent purchasers rights within Europe?

This message was last edited by ads on 26/04/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Resident to Non-resident bank account - 9 posts
Hacienda chasing new home owners - 1 posts
Bankruptcy - and administrators - 3 posts
holiday home/destination between Malaga and Almeria & lawyer advice - 0 posts
New Bank Regulations digital ID - 32 posts
New EU rules threaten Spanish property market. - 1 posts
Caja Rural Central - 0 posts
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - 0 posts
Best free translation site - 5 posts
corruption Spain - 2 posts
Wanted Undercounter Slimline (48cm) fridge with coolbox or freezer - 0 posts
New NIE form - 0 posts
Spanish Wills - 7 posts
Problem Posting using an Android Tablet - 6 posts
Hi Everyone, - 3 posts
NEW TO ALICANTE CITY/MODEL AIRCRAFT - 1 posts
cost to clean and empty a septic tank in Murcia - 1 posts
amadeus IT = Bankia ??????? - 0 posts
Help for renting - 17 posts
Does anyone know of a translator near San Javier? - 0 posts
where is the nearest ITV Garage in Bilbao? - 1 posts
Re purchasing a car in Spain - 2 posts
Experiences from people who are renting their properties in GB to fund life in Spain please! - 29 posts
What happens if I do nothing? - 12 posts
Lawyer needed in Los Alcazares - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x