Moving To Fuente Alamo area/region...advice sought

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Nov 2014 10:35 AM by bastock51 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Late summer next year my wife and by then, 13 year old boy, are seriously considering moving to this area. I know it is not an ideal time to move a child, however, before anybody gets the wrong end of the stick, a move is going to be necessary, as by this time next year the area where we are currently living is going to become an 'economic and social wasteland'. My son has never been to an English school, and the system here in Germany is baccalureate so the English system would be just as hard.

Initially we shall be looking for a long term rental property so we can take our time and not put ourselves under pressure. Any advice or contacts will be welcome.

Any advice as to schooling and their location would be of great help.

Ideally would like a local tennis club as that is my son's passion and plays at regular tournaments, but obviously not as much in the winter months. I don't suppose indoor tournaments exist in Spain?

Any other advice, however small, will be appreciated. 

Many thanks,

John

body p

Like 0      
11 Nov 2014 7:45 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

I don't think the out in the sticks village of Fuente Alamo , only on the map because of the golf resort , would be the right area for someone with a child. Suggest you look more towards the cities of Murcia, Cartagena or Lorca where there are an abundance of excellent schools and colleges and with all the facilities you and your family require. Rental property should be in abundance and inexpensive ,particularly in the latter as it isn't a haven for tourists.

Tennis heaven in my part of Murcia. Rarely rains so one can play outdoors and under floodlight, 365 days of the year.

Suggest though you physically investigate before committing to relocate.

Like 5      
12 Nov 2014 1:58 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Fuente Alamo is a nice little town and only 30 mins from Cartagena and 35 mins from Murcia. Best of both worlds, small town feel but well connected.

All the usual businesses you could want,  bars, supermarkets, medical centre, banks etc. Friendly natives etc. 

We have lived in the campo outside town for almost 10 years and have never regretted it.

Cannot give any direct information about schools but have heard good things about the San Augustin school in Fuente. There is also the private Kings College about 30 minutes away by car near Roldan.

I believe there is a tennis club at the Hacienda del Alamo urbanisation. Property is cheap there since the crash but I believe community fees are high. You should be able to rent property very easily in the area, it all depends on your requirements.

If you need any further information please get in touch.

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wishing you the Best Christmas Ever! - 0 posts
Reliable lawyer needed - 22 posts
Flue problems - 3 posts
Stay safe - 22 posts
golf holidays in Spain - 10 posts
Sharing - 0 posts
Thinking of buying in the Murcia region - 7 posts
The cost of Electricity in Spain is really very expensive....... - 27 posts
Liabilities of the developer /promotor - 2 posts
Remembrance Day, Mil Palmeras - 0 posts
Gardening help and tips - 4 posts
blocking ads on filmon - 4 posts
DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY GETS THE OWNERS NAMES - 16 posts
Dodgy financial schemes - 22 posts
How can I delete my account? - 7 posts
Social club in the Alicante area at El Campello - 0 posts
Hire car annual insurance? - 4 posts
About to buy a holiday home near Elvira/cabopino - looking for someone to do a house survey? - 4 posts
Landed in Rojales... - 0 posts
Vangie - 2 posts
Help please - 2 posts
WARNING terrible drivers ahead... think about insurance cover ? - 27 posts
exchanging driving licences - 2 posts
Inconsiderate neighbours. - 21 posts
Benidorm Palace - Alternative?? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x