Buying a used car from a dealership

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2013 4:36 PM by beech58 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I am looking to buy a used car from a local car dealership, My knowledge so Spanish is pretty non existent, so can anybody tell me of their experiences and what to do or not for example is the forecourt price the total price or is there any ad dons such as tax etc. Any recommendations/help/advice would be very helpful.

Like 1      
03 Dec 2013 7:26 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

Try fwr eurocars they have a web site and he's English. He will do everything for you ins and  transfers.I've bought two cars off him in the last 6 years. part ex left hand or right. the transfer is in the price you haggle on. The 6 months guanatee comes with the car.

Like 0      
07 Dec 2013 10:25 AM by beech58 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I do not want to know of dealers who are selling cars , the question I am asking is the forecourt advertised price the total amount I will have to pay or are there any ad dons e.g taxes?

Like 0      
07 Dec 2013 11:20 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

I bought my first car from a dealer it was a cut and shut, the next one from another garage and it was clocked, then I decided to buy a new car from a main dealer the best option by far new cars are cheaper than secondhand in Spain, and you know what you are getting, 80% of secondhand cars in Spain are clocked that's means the miles on the clock is put back, so beware buy a new one.....don't get ripped off like me.....

This message was last edited by ob123 on 07/12/2013.

Like 1      
07 Dec 2013 11:37 AM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

I did think recomendation ment recomendations and help ment help  sorry I  have missunderstood you beech.

Like 2      
07 Dec 2013 11:44 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

OK I will make it simple..... if you buy a car buy a new one from a MAIN DEALER the price includes all cost's and taxes

Like 1      
07 Dec 2013 11:49 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

The question I am asking is the forecourt advertised price the total amount I will have to pay or are there any ad dons e.g taxes?

When you buy a car in Spain be it new or used you have to pay tax, with a used car its included in the transfer of name process and is worked out according to the tables that the tax office issue - its calculated on the age of the car along with its green emissions value. A rough rule of thumb is 2000cc or under 4% tax 2000cc and over 8% tax. If you have a car in mind you can always pop in to your local Gestoria office and ask them what the tansfer tax would be, they all have the tables online.

As to whether the transfer is included in the advertised price is another matter, sometimes yes somtimes no, sometimes its stated and sometimes it's not. I would try and avoid the back street traders and use only main agent dealers who offer used cars as well.

Regardless of whether the transfer is included or not negotiate hard, there are deals to be done

Like 1      
07 Dec 2013 11:57 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

The forcourt price always includes the transfer to the buyer and all the Spainsh taxes, that is the total amount you will pay, you can buy a new car for as little as €7000 in Spain.....

Like 1      
07 Dec 2013 12:11 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Sorry Ob, not always

Two clicks of the mouse has found this vehicle

http://www.coches.net/ford-focus-16-tdci-115cv-trend-5p-diesel-2012-en-valladolid-27963864-covo.aspx

Gestion de transferencia no incluida en el precio

Like 0      
07 Dec 2013 12:18 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Sorry I don't understand Spanish, buying that car now is high risk......

Like 0      
07 Dec 2013 3:59 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

As there is a difference of opinion on here, why not just ask at your local car dealership beech. Write down what you want/ need to ask in Spanish (from google or a phrase book) and get them to confirm in writing, the total cost. They may even speak a little English.

Like 1      
07 Dec 2013 4:50 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Before I bought my new VW Passat I went to about 15 different car sales and they all said the price on the car, included the taxes and the cost of changing over the ownership to the buyer.......

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Log Book - 9 posts
Returning hired car with too much fuel - 3 posts
Log burner flue pipes. - 0 posts
Kia dealers in Mazarron or Cartagena? - 3 posts
Aircon supplier/installer in Valencia - 0 posts
Good hardware store in Valencia - 3 posts
spanish inheritance tax - 9 posts
End of Year Accounts for Non Residential Living in Spain - 4 posts
DELETE a POST - 7 posts
Strong Wholemeal & White Flour - 3 posts
Another Non Residents Tax Question - 9 posts
Benefits in Europe: country by country - 34 posts
JSC Sports - Al Jazeera & Fox Sports Italia in dispute with FA - 0 posts
Any legal question on buying property in Spain? Maria answers - 32 posts
CRB check Spain - 14 posts
Wildfire & insurance - 0 posts
Salad cream or Olive Oil - have your eating habits changed? - 12 posts
Just a test for Floella - 7 posts
anti virus AVG2014 - 1 posts
Changing my contact address with Murcia Council? - 2 posts
Nelson at Trafalgar 2013 - 0 posts
broadband speed in Spain - 9 posts
British Couple, Currently living in Canada ~ Healthcare options in Spain ?? - 6 posts
VPN & Netflix - 4 posts
Scam Alert - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x