Log Book

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2013 10:46 AM by louise84 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I am asking the question of - Is it easy to renew your vehicles logbook if you have lost it? What do i need to do and what do i need to take with me? Also if anyone roughly how much it would cost? Im pretty desperate to find out really. Thanks

Like 0      
03 Dec 2013 10:51 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

You say "Logbook", do you mean as in England?

Like 0      
03 Dec 2013 11:21 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Usually in Spain one must make a crime report (denuncia) if they have lost, or had stolen,  an official document.  However, last week when I was helping a guy make a lost report for his Certificate of EU Citizen Registration, which he need to get a replacement cert.  He said he had also lost his Spanish DL, but that Trafico had given him a temporary one, until the replacement came through the post. i.e. without a police report.

Just in passing, I guess  you know that you are obliged to carry this document as well as your DL when you are driving.  If so, you will see they are issued by Trafico.   Maybe using a gestor would be simplest way to apply for a replacement.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2013 11:50 AM by louise84 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Ok thank you for your help, I guess I will have to do this with a gesture.
Thanks again

Like 0      
22 Dec 2013 7:14 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Johnzx/Anyone with knowledge of car docs/regs...

We have moved address and are using a non-registered* Gestor to do the updating of the permisso. We have signed all necessary forms (and paid a small fee) and were told the docs would be back in 3 - 5 working days. It is now getting on for 10. We asked at the time if it was legal to drive around without the Permisso or Technica Fitcha and were told yes. I am now beginning to wonder if we are being told the correct information or not!  (They said the delay is due to an end of year audit at Trafico.)  This person has been recommended in our area and many people have used them. But I would like to know if I am in danger of being fined for only having (non notarized) copies of these documents in the car. NB Our insurance is fully up to date and in our new address.  

Thanks if anyone can clarify. 

(*NB In the past we have used a certified gestor who has given us the 'white slip' to say the docs are at Trafico/in progress and we have a 60 day cover on the originals. However due to tight budget at present we have had to economise.  Also the person we are using says this white slip is not 100% accurate in that if the police were to enforce the ruling, they can? So I am a little confused as they don't seem to be consistent in their information.) 

This message was last edited by Susanspain on 22/12/2013.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2013 8:16 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hi Susan,

I have been issued with the temporary cover cert  ‘white paper’ several times when I have renewed my DL over the years. On one occasion by Trafico, I cannot imagine that it is anything but legal to drive with it.

That said, it is not legal to drive without the DL (or the temporary one).  I am also almost 100% certain that also applies to the Permiso de Circulación (log book). The only paper you do not need (although I still carry it ) is the proof of insurance cover, as the police can check that on line.

In your case I would not drive but would go back to your ‘gestor’ demand the temp certs, or get your money back there and then (use complaints form if any problem) and go straight to a another gestor.

Good luck,  Merry Christmas ,  John

PS I am will at the police station tomorrow and try to remember to ask there.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2013 12:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Susan,   I just spoke to the National Police.  The temporary certs (white cards) issued for DL and Permiso de Circulación, are  legal. To drive without them is illegal.

Like 0      
24 Dec 2013 9:08 AM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

If its just change of address then do it on line easy saves going to the traffico and cost is nothing. Thats here in Alicante dont know about the rest of Spain though just go to the dgt web site and have a go or learn spanish.

Never give over docs without a  receipt you won't in the UK so why do it here.

Like 0      
25 Dec 2013 11:58 AM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Update - Spoke to my insurance co - (Linea Directa) as they offer free legal advice as part of the motor policy.

Although they could confirm there must be 'some evidence' if you do not have the original documents (permisso and tecnica ficha) - i.e the white slip as Johnzx says... I have got a copy of the appliction at traffico from my appointed representative now. (I am surprized though that he thinks so lightly of having people documents and giving no receipts. NB He is a registered person who deals with Trafico on a daily basis, he just isn't a certified Gestor. He is also well known in our area and comes 'highly recommended.' But as I pointed out to him - would he pay the fine if I was stopped and got the 'wrong officer' on the day...)

He still maintains that it is not the law to have the permisso and techinca ficha (or compulso copies - i.e police, notarty or authorized person who stamps them.)  

I disagree with him after asking on several forums, speaking to my insurance co.

I would like help with finding the actual Boletin regarding this matter (so I can show him in Black and White).. I got this far... http://www.boe.es/buscar/boe.php?accion=&id_busqueda=31d6de4c710c1c73ca2903894225f3d3-0-100   but have no clue as to what the latest BOE is on the updates I am looking for.  (I don't think I am looking in the wrong place, I just don't know the no of the BOE and it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!)  Any help welcome.  (I know there have been a lot of additions to what is 'fineable' in recent months.. but specifically I want to find re the documents.  (The last main law was in 2012 when it said it was no longer necessary to carry original insurance do - and proof of payment - but I still do just in case!)  

I have been searching under Minesterio de Interior, and Direccion General de Trafico 

(Solwayiceman  .. I do have a good level of Spanish, however that is not always enough with red tape. I ask for help when I need it. Also I don't want any aggro (have enough stress in my life), so often hire a gestor when I can afford it.)

Like 0      
25 Dec 2013 3:12 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

He still maintains that it is not the law to have the permisso and techinca ficha (or compulso copies - i.e police, notarty or authorized person who stamps them.)  

Yesterday when I was at the Commisaria I confirmed what I posted on 23rd.

I suggest you go to the office.  Demand the payment and your paperwork.  If he does not perform, ask for the complaints forms.  If he does not provide them call the Policia Local. They should attend, fine  him and close him  down.   Complete the form, he must sign the form.   He keeps one copy, you keep two (which copy is which is printed down the long side of each copy of the form).  If he has not resolved the matter in 2 weeks take the copy to the Consumers office. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Returning hired car with too much fuel - 3 posts
Log burner flue pipes. - 0 posts
Kia dealers in Mazarron or Cartagena? - 3 posts
Aircon supplier/installer in Valencia - 0 posts
Good hardware store in Valencia - 3 posts
spanish inheritance tax - 9 posts
End of Year Accounts for Non Residential Living in Spain - 4 posts
DELETE a POST - 7 posts
Strong Wholemeal & White Flour - 3 posts
Another Non Residents Tax Question - 9 posts
Benefits in Europe: country by country - 34 posts
JSC Sports - Al Jazeera & Fox Sports Italia in dispute with FA - 0 posts
Any legal question on buying property in Spain? Maria answers - 32 posts
CRB check Spain - 14 posts
Wildfire & insurance - 0 posts
Salad cream or Olive Oil - have your eating habits changed? - 12 posts
Just a test for Floella - 7 posts
anti virus AVG2014 - 1 posts
Changing my contact address with Murcia Council? - 2 posts
Nelson at Trafalgar 2013 - 0 posts
broadband speed in Spain - 9 posts
British Couple, Currently living in Canada ~ Healthcare options in Spain ?? - 6 posts
VPN & Netflix - 4 posts
Scam Alert - 4 posts
In the News Today - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x