Car Information

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2013 3:47 PM by DIVERDAN Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

Hi

I am thinking of buying a car in Spain very soon and I would appreciate any information that you can assist me with.

With regard to insurance do I have to produce paperwork stating the number of years no claims bonus I have in UK to get insurance at reasonable cost?

How long does it take from ordering a new car to it arriving at the garage?

Will the garage register it to me and pay road tax?

What documentation will I need to buy a car?

Thanks to all for their help.

Rgds

dd

Looking forward to a long retirement in the sun..........

Like 0      
15 Aug 2013 4:10 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

We bought a new Kia last year and we are non-residents of Spain.

Buying was easy and the dealer very helpful. They took care of all registration etc.

We insured with Linea Direct and did not have to produce evidence of no claims. They emailed the policy document through and have  an English speaking department. It's around 300 euros a year for any driver aged over 26 years and includes breakdown cover. 

The dealer provided an English user manual for the car and called when the registration document was available.

To purchase the car we provided copy of our NIE and a Utility bill. We are not on the Padron, and do not want to do to avoid being considered resident.

The car tax is payable based on who owns the car on the first of January each year I think (after first year) and in our case is around 65 Euros per year and payable in May.

Hope this help

Saludos

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 15/08/2013.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2013 4:17 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
1. Yes, you will need proff of no claims discount. Your old insurance policy from UK will suffice if it is up to date.
2. Depends on whether it is in stock with the colour/specs you require. Our new one was 6 days but the chap after me had to wait 3 months. The dealer will tell you what models are in stock.
3. Yes, the dealer will register it to you with road tax remaining for the rest of the year. Make sure the fees for this are included in the price which it should be.
4. If you are a resident, you will need residency card, passport and up to date padron (within 3 months). If you are non-resident, you will need up to date padron, passport, NIE and copy of deeds/rental agreement.
Oh, don't forget the money. Also, the dealer won't allow you to drive it away without insurance. Our insurance company e-mailed a copy to the dealer.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2013 4:46 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I was with IBEX they never ask me for proof of my NCD i had full NCD in the UK, We had a crash and wrote off  in the Spanish car in the the UK, so had to claim, again they never wanted proof, we moved back over to the UK, got a  UK reg car told the uk insurance company about the crash ( in a spanish car ) and they was not bothered about the crash so we still kept our full NCD

Like 0      
16 Aug 2013 9:57 AM by DIVERDAN Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty

Funny enough we are thinking of buying a Kia which Kia garage did you use?

Thanks to all very helpful.

dd

Like 0      
16 Aug 2013 11:03 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

Kia in Cartagena.  Manuel was the salesman. Very helpful.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2013 2:04 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
Just bought a new Kia in Cartagena the salesman is Antonio very helpful & speaks good English

Like 0      
19 Aug 2013 11:43 AM by DIVERDAN Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

Thanks for the relies.

Can I ask is there a Hyundui dealer locally in the Vera / Mojacar area

Thanks dd

Like 0      
19 Aug 2013 1:56 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
I have just changed my car from a Hyundai i30 but the Hyundai dealer in Cartagena was so unhelpful I bought a Kia

Like 0      
19 Aug 2013 2:07 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

This is from the Hyundai website

ALMERIALVA S L

Exposición Taller carrocería Taller mecánico

Carretera Nacional 340, Km 448  4230  Huercal de Almería -  España

Tel:950624235  Fax:950624236 

Página del concesionario

Distancia:  65.9 km

ALMERIALVA , S.L  ALMERIALVA , S.L

Exposición

Carretera de Alicún, 174  04740  Roquetas de Mar - España

Tel:950178137  

Página del concesionario

Like 0      
19 Aug 2013 2:23 PM by timmytoo Star rating in Pittsburgh, USA. 2 posts Send private message

EOS test post...please ignore

Like 0      
19 Aug 2013 3:44 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

But the Hyundai dealer in Torrevieja was brill.  

They are also the Kia concessionary as well.  Went for the Hyundai because of the 5 year warranty and also got 5 years servicing free including parts and labour.  Horses for courses, I suppose.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vuelta 2013 - 2 posts
FORD PUMA FOR SALE - 1 posts
Portugal makes unexpectedly dramatic exit from recession - could Spain follow suit? - 0 posts
Boat Trip - 6 posts
Foreign Office to complain to Madrid after Gibraltar motorists endure five hour delays - 0 posts
Importance of fencing in garden - 1 posts
IHT a query - 34 posts
Murcia supermarket opening times - 3 posts
Drip irrigation for garden, your views? - 3 posts
Help Re renting around El Chaparral, Torrevieja " - 0 posts
Help wanted - 0 posts
replacing a kindle. - 4 posts
NEAREST BEACH HOTELS/APARTMENTS TO ALMERIA AIRPORT - 0 posts
Crockery, glasses, etc. - Ikea or Supermarket? - 11 posts
Clubhouse Bar/Rest Eroski Centre - 1 posts
bike for sale - 0 posts
Wanted bar fridge and shade sails - 0 posts
Mazarron (where?) crying foul - 9 posts
IS THE SIESTA OUTDATED - 5 posts
car excess - 0 posts
Legal action in UK over spanish properry debt - 25 posts
NIE APPLICATION - 14 posts
MY SPANISH HERO - 0 posts
Theft -a warning to all - 10 posts
Refund Process La Caixa - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x