Holiday place in Spain ? do you think it will be a good investment.. longer term ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2013 3:21 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

if you think the house price is right for what your getting then yes it is.

Sorry but you cannot equate the lost value of a new car to the lost value in a house...a new £15'000 car that has lost £3'000 when it's driven of the forecourt hardly rates against someone paying 250'000€ for a Spanish house then two years later it has dropped to about 80'000€ ...exaggerated price drop that it might be.

Some folk have lost everything, and more, and on many occasions it wasn't through bad judgement or paying to much for the house........Hardly what you would call "Cant tolerate losing any value at all".

Correct you cannot time any markets, house's, stocks, cars etc, but you hardly go into real estate knowingly and fully expecting to lose, remember in some cases all the money, thankfully i haven't done it this way, whereby you do know for sure you will lose money on many other purchases, new cars being the top one, the stock market agreed up and down with for the most up, but then on balance it's almost a 50/50 bet.

You have now come back with a new set of statistics regarding what you first spoke of, and if this pending house purchase is not to be considered an investment of sorts then i don't really know what is.

As for not selling no matter what it was worth, i thought like that with my last house in Spain, then when i found out what it was worth....... I sold it.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2013 3:28 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Amogles,  whilst I understand what you say, the risk that people stand who buy a property (even that the love) which stretches their budget, becomes a serious problem if it substantially devalues, and they end up,  like so many have,  with negative equity.

Buying car is not really a good comparison.  I just bought one, 15,000 euros, a property 100,000 plus.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2013 8:04 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

it is difficult to see why anyone who can trade the market and make more than he loses, as much as +180% - only 60% needs advice from anyone.

it is also difficult to see what buying cars has got to do with it.

buy what you want and can afford, stop messing about, I would suggest.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
22 Mar 2013 10:21 AM by gambler Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hispanophiles have never had it so easy, whether or not they own the properties they live in. Cheap rentals and low property prices mean a wide range of choices to suit a variety of tastes and pockets. I have been renting for over two years, but now it's only a matter of time before I take the plunge and buy my own home.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2013 10:31 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

With properties going for what was their 30% deposit value in the boom period then you cannot possibly go far wrong.

Indeed not much of a gamble I would say.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Residents Associations in Spain ? What are the negatives or the positives? - 5 posts
A "Spanish will" for UK Citizens to cover property ownership. - 0 posts
Done or want a Dacion De Pago or In Negative Equity? Tell us your story - 1 posts
Help I got a speeding ticket for 1080.00 for 2011? - 6 posts
Keith Rule joins the team at CostaLuz Lawyers - 7 posts
moving to quesada in april - 4 posts
De-registering a Spanish scooter - 4 posts
garden swimming pool ? - 40 posts
Buying in Cabopino, nr Marbella - 4 posts
Shutters on Spanish windows? - 20 posts
Andalucian style candleabra - 2 posts
Changing name on NIE - 6 posts
Bottle gas water heater - 3 posts
Gas hot water heaters - 12 posts
Looking for some information? - 0 posts
Residencia holder-Living outside Spain - 5 posts
Renew my Passport - 2 posts
What constitutes the escritura paperwork in Spain - 6 posts
Best place to buy a used car - 9 posts
Wanted Chicken manure - 1 posts
evicting tenant - 4 posts
DONKEY TAXIS AND BULLFIGHTING IN MIJAS PUEBLO - 22 posts
Looking for Removal Company - 10 posts
PLease Help, Translator in Barcelona, need help with Endesa Electric Bill & Online Account. - 1 posts
Is there any hope for us? - 31 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 45

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x