points on driving licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Feb 2013 3:29 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

has anyone else had a problem checking points on a  Spanish driving licence. I put the correct info in but it wont let me on to the next stage, comes up with a red message saying how to put date in correctly(which I did) or saying driver isn't registered on the system.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 3:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I too had a problem,  as I have several dates shown on the licence for the various groups for which I have.    I tried each one until eventually one was accepted-

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 4:09 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

which date do they want, the date the first Spanish licence was issued after changing from the UK one?

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 4:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just checked my points (15) but because I had done it before my PC ‘remembered’ the info so I got access straight away without having to type in any info,.

As I remember, one needs to show the date when one’s DL became valid for the first time. That was the problem with mine,   my first DL was for motorcycles, then it was up-graded to include cars and then heavier trucks.   I took the dates from the back of my Spanish DL

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 9:13 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

good job one's computer remembered the correct information that one entered last time otherwise one may not of been able to access the information one was looking for

Like 0      
15 Feb 2013 9:16 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Isn’t it just !

Although of course the serious point I was making was that because I did not have to in-put any info I was unable to help Camposol as much as I would have liked (explaining precisely what details are required).  

Like 0      
22 May 2013 12:02 PM by elstano Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi All,

I lost 4 points for speeding on 14/5/2010, that is 3 years and 6 days ago, but the DGT server is still reporting 8 points. I haven't been naughty in the meantime. Does anyone know if the reinstatement of lost points is automatic?

Thanks for any help.

Stan

Like 0      
22 May 2013 5:03 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

No you have to gt them back by doing courses, in Spanish. 180€ seems to ring a bell.

You have to put in the date which the UK licence was last issued on.which is shown as 'from' on the back

This message was last edited by guslopez on 22/05/2013.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Phone contracts ...ufff - 0 posts
Moving to Malaga area in 10 weeks with dogs - 5 posts
Wanted - LT rental Playa Blanca Lanzarote - 0 posts
TV on the coast - 4 posts
Hello Canary Living - 5 posts
San Javier Jazz Festival 2013 - 3 posts
The Spanish people made a stand ...and were counted - 1 posts
New Permanent residence card - 2 posts
Next Pope could be Spanish.... - 2 posts
Advice on trees required, false pepper, mediterannean pine - 3 posts
What are your main concerns when looking for property in Spain? - 35 posts
Murcia San Javier Airport, nice but lacks public transport..? - 6 posts
Data Protection Laws - 6 posts
Endesa Billing Problem - 7 posts
Please Vote for Tamara's Blog! - 24 posts
**** New Property Developer - 11 posts
Bikes for sale - 1 posts
Help.. School advise in Manilva - 4 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Car Hire .. how do you get the best deal ? - 0 posts
Self employment in Spain - 2 posts
Best Sausages in Spain ?? . It could be... Camposol Butcher shop ...Sector A - 2 posts
Pool heat, lighitng and covers - views from others who have been down this path gratefully received. - 16 posts
Looking for Window Tinting Service in Marbella - 5 posts
Tiling - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x