New Permanent residence card

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2013 5:04 PM by newbie Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

I have been resident in Spain since March 2001 and when my initial residencia card expired, this was replaced by the flimsy green A4 piece of paper which confirms that I have the status of a permanent resident of spain having been resident for more than five years.   However, I have seen reference on this site (I think) to there now being available for the asking a Permanent Resident Card which I believe is similar in shape, size and format to the original card I had to give up on its expiration.  This card had a photo and was perfect for providing proof of identity for shopping and other purposes, which the green certificate is not.

Can anyone please tell me whether it is possible to get a permanent resident card to replace the green form and if so, what is the procedure for obtaining this.

Thanks in advance.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2013 5:53 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Residencia for EU citizens has not existed since 2007.

The EU Citizens Registration which replaced it originally was the A4 size sheet.  It is now  smaller, however, just like the A4 sheet, it is not proof of ID as it does not bear a photo  nor fingerprint etc. 

You can apply for a replacement for the A4 sheet,  and for 10.40 € and you will get the small version, but effectively a waste of money unless you need to replace the A4 sheet certificate.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2013 7:15 PM by newbie Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the info. Certainly a waste of money if it is nothing more than a mini green form. Any posting made on this forum is guaranteed to receive a helpful and knowledgable response , by return most times. Great place!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Next Pope could be Spanish.... - 2 posts
Advice on trees required, false pepper, mediterannean pine - 3 posts
What are your main concerns when looking for property in Spain? - 35 posts
Murcia San Javier Airport, nice but lacks public transport..? - 6 posts
Data Protection Laws - 6 posts
Endesa Billing Problem - 7 posts
Please Vote for Tamara's Blog! - 24 posts
**** New Property Developer - 11 posts
Bikes for sale - 1 posts
Help.. School advise in Manilva - 4 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Car Hire .. how do you get the best deal ? - 0 posts
Self employment in Spain - 2 posts
Best Sausages in Spain ?? . It could be... Camposol Butcher shop ...Sector A - 2 posts
Pool heat, lighitng and covers - views from others who have been down this path gratefully received. - 16 posts
Looking for Window Tinting Service in Marbella - 5 posts
Tiling - 5 posts
Orihuela City - 2 posts
corvera airport - 180 posts
Long term parking at murcia airport - 4 posts
Cartagena: Port & City. The Hidden Gem of Med? - 10 posts
Spanish bread - 4 posts
Websites for Charities - 2 posts
Changing my Driving License - 9 posts
Advice on Spanish property tax - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x