Can anyone tell me why its so hard to find English sales people on the Coast?

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jan 2013 3:01 PM by dwayne Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Puzzled...does that mean anything?

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 3:05 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

As a potential employee - I have done some Tele/marketing... 

But sadly, even though I have got a foot in the door on many occasions. The promises of commission never end up in my hand/bank.

So I am not willing to put myself through the process again.

(She said as she is awaiting another 'Kosher Employer' to pull a fast one again.)

NB I get the results, but there seems to be a cutlure of not paying in the end.

Looking for other options - including working for self again. 

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 3:28 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Inspectahome you are spot on! I have come across so many companies like this and it gets even worse. Many small companies will even pay you half on contract and half in Black or maybe even more to save on social security payments. it is really a nightmare and it has been going on for ever and nothing has ever been done about it. 

It is very interesting to see that eventhough this is the case with many companies in Spain it still doesn't stop them from finding employees. So what type of profiles are you all looking for?(I noticed atleast a couple of members were looking for employees) that makes it so hard to find. Where are you advertising the jobs? It can't be that difficult surely. There are loads of people who need work and speak English, not so many English natives agreed, but there still are quite a few!

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 4:03 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Mungry,

I think you are being a little harsh.

On the employment comment i obviously see things from the side of an employer but understand and empathise with the other side completely.

I adverise in the press and online but wilth all due respect i need people that have experience as people are parting with serious amounts of money and expect a proffesional service,i do have trainees but i need a senior staff member at the moment.

There is a shortage of quality work force at the moment it seems and all the good ones are happy where they are?!

I pay a basic plus commission and have some very long standing members of staff so i must be doing something right.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 4:53 PM by dwayne Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Susanspain, I know exactly how you feel, my girlfriend has worked at a few of the "companies" on the coast and it has not been easy but it has been a real eye opener, some did have long term people who had been working there more than 2 years but maybe its the nature of the moving about why no-one stays in a job long term?

I enjoy being self-employed and think its definately a better way to work as it gives me more freedom and choices.

Not all companies are the same and now that most of the crooks have left the coast, there might be a gap for some genuine employers and we can create a win-win situation for both the employee and employer.

We have been advertising in in all the main English publications for about 6 months now and we have managed to get 25 people placed in new jobs with 17 still there now which is great for the short time span we have been working over here, plus all the time it took for the paperwork. 

We need more people though and I am still wondering where to find them, I have come across quite a few websites but it does not seem as though many people use the web to find work?

Like 0      
16 Jan 2013 4:18 PM by murilyn123 Star rating in Marbella. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone

wow I feel like my question has been highjacked....lol

It's a more complicated subject than I thought, but then this is Spain, so basically because people have been ripped off or scammed in the past, no  new green shoots can take advantage of the benefits of setting up genuine businesses in Spain....long gone is the beautiful image of Marbella and all the good things that people have worked for.

I have found much of the opposite as people make the effort to still work hard and are never wanting or willing to go back to the UK and are willing to work any job for any money and Yes the companies do take full advantage of that but not all of them are the same.

So it feels refreshing to be working with fresh new companies who have have a new way of looking at things and are bringing some new hope to the Brits that just will not go back....

I just need to find them or maybe I should be looking to the younger generation just left the private schools and are out of work, they are trainable, are looking for companies who will be there for the long haul and have bundles of energy...any thoughts?

Murilyn

Like 0      
16 Jan 2013 7:35 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Quote dwayne

" but it does not seem as though many people use the web to find work?"

um

no not really

probably only about 98.9% of people looking for work using the internet

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 10:50 AM by murilyn123 Star rating in Marbella. 4 posts Send private message

So what are people looking for when it comes to working on the coast, I know of 2 companies that are still doing very well for staff turn over...some boast that they have a waiting list of people eager to start

is the fear of being scammed or the commissions only or what?

Dwayne, how many people are you looking for?

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 12:27 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

I'm not saying that all companies are the same but I've been here ten years and seen all the different guises of these sales offices / boiler rooms.All these companies seem to be involved in Timeshare, Investments, Share Buyouts or some other service that requires cold calling.

There are, or were too many scams going on and the staff although they knew these companies were dodgy seemed surprised when they didn't get paid.

Also why doesn't anybody name the company they are talking about?

Also the adverts wanting staff don't mention the company name either?

People are suspicious when a company moves from the UK to Spain.

Also why do these companies use a UK Phone Number or "Unknown" Number when calling from Spain?

This message was last edited by Marbella29649 on 17/01/2013.

This message was last edited by Marbella29649 on 17/01/2013.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 3:07 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I am based nearer to Murcia very close to the new airport and I know that the employment situation on the Costa Blanca is different and there are fewer employment opportunities and we are all hoping that the airport will have some impact

I think that you will find that Dwayne is actually an employment agency, a fairly new one that seem to promote using a Spanish mobile phone and mail for contact

I stick by my original comments that you must check the credentials of the employer as while he maintains that his company is legal in Spain he is recruiting for what seem to be start ups

He also states that he is self employed so the company he is involved with in Spain have not actually recruited people and are not directly recruiting people so why not perhaps give some idea on here on the names of the businesses where 17 people have been placed because again the testimonials on their website don't give any business names

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 3:23 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Hey Dwayne, you seem to be playing a game as you are also see to be murilyn or they also work for your company as seen from this link, naughty, naughty

http://www.marbellafamilyfun.com/dynamic-sales-achievers.html 

The problem here is that this is all about potential employers and sharp practice as this really is a little too much of a coincidence with such a unique name and you both started posting at the same time 

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 4:02 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

dwayne ...

You suggest that people don't use the internet when looking for a job these days... think you will find that most people do!

In fact in order to claim Jobseekers Allowance in the UK, it is a pre-requisite that one does so and proof of such searches is required when attending sign-on sessions.

As for your finding it hard to find staff in Spain I'm really not surprised. Most people here that are looking for work are internet-savvy and one doesnt have to dig very far before coming up with lots of reasonsto not bother...

As an aside, I for one, would never approach ANY company that takes a pride in announcing the fact that they have offices in Puerto Banus or Marbella... especially when the contact phone number is a mobile...

C'mon... Marbella is SCAM CITY!

Also, take a look at 'your' website...under the heading Opportunites -  Success Moves...

Quote...

You must:

* Be an ambitious graduate with a 2/2 degree or above IN ANY SUBJECT.
* Be an excellent communicator and confident to present at Managing Director level with authority and credibility.
* Have the drive to continue learning; whether it be sales, management, presentation skills, personal development and also knowledge in the sectors we operate.
* Be willing to travel internationally (meeting clients and reward holidays).

What? A 2/2 degree to go cold calling? Has the value of a degree fallen to this sort of level?

Or is this not a requirement in Spain?

The website again... what is it ... 17 pages full of words that actually say not much at all... no indication as to the type of product your openers / closers are trying to sell... and it  is all about selling isn't it? So what's the flavour of the month this time? Fine Wines? Carbon Futures?

The suggestion is that the company also exists to help successful UK companies move to Spain... Sorry but if a company is successful in the UK why would they ever consider moving to Spain? From one now depressed market to another which is even more depressed and getting worse by the day!. Just don't see the logic in that at all.

************************************************************************

murilyn 123

quote...

I just need to find them or maybe I should be looking to the younger generation just left the private schools and are out of work, they are trainable, are looking for companies who will be there for the long haul and have bundles of energy...any thoughts?

Or perhaps just plain gullible?

****************************************************************************************

You both ask what people are looking for... the answer is work, a proper job, a plumber wants plumbing work, an electrician wants electrical work, a pilot wants to fly. What they dont want is some airy fairy, get rich quick scheme wher the only people that profit are the people the instigators of the scheme.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 4:16 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Wow if you then start digging on the history of Success Moves it gets even worse and you can understand why they want to help people move to Spain

See the following link

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2012/11/the-secrets-of-the-cold-callin.html

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 6:11 PM by dwayne Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi,

Wow lots of good comments there.

Yes Murilyn and I work together, we had to get the conversation going, we didn't realize that we were on trial.

We work for Success Moves, we recruit staff for various clients. We are moving successful companies to Spain and they are thriving.

All feedback is appreciated

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 6:18 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I cannot believe this when you really have the front to critise sharp practice and scammers with the reputation and comments in the public domain on your company

Applicants beware of this company, your only fault was that you were exposed

I will ask the moderator to delete your posts

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 6:18 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I cannot believe this when you really have the front to critise sharp practice and scammers with the reputation and comments in the public domain on your company

Applicants beware of this company, your only fault was that you were exposed

I will ask the moderator to delete your posts

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 11:21 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

WOW! If they worked for a company like that, I personally would stay well away, as their criteria is obviously way way off track or they have no morals. Either way , No Way!

But please don't delete the posts. That way everyone can understand what has happened on this thread. In my opinon the website is very dodgy and very unprofessional. And they aren't offering  "real" jobs like georgia is or others are. This is exactly the type of work that everyone is running away from. Cold calling and comission based. Come on, in Spain, Now?! No wonder you don't find anyone. Offer some real jobs and you'll see how they all come running! I've seen more posts in other forums where this recruitment agency is looking  for carbon credit brokers , and really dodgy homemade video in youtube by the MD,  need say no more....

This message was last edited by mac75 on 17/01/2013.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Registering property for letting - 3 posts
Torresat in hot water yet again, €600,000 fines due - 0 posts
Translators - 4 posts
does anyone else have a septic tank that purifies the water for use in the garden? - 1 posts
Help Please! - Drawing on your pension from Spain for the first time - 6 posts
swop LHD car for RHD model - 1 posts
Family moving to Spain - 14 posts
Lawyer's liability - 8 posts
Spanish Citizenship Application Question - 7 posts
property to rent - 0 posts
Golf Lessons - Mar Menor Area - 2 posts
Loss of Community Fee discount for breaking community rules - 5 posts
Cheap and Cheerful for 3 months - 1 posts
spanish law - Retrospective planning - 5 posts
savings account without charges - 0 posts
Espana viva - 1 posts
Facts on Bank Debts to Communities - 8 posts
Anyone else lost BBC channels this morning? - 9 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance, back years - 28 posts
BAD BANK DEBT - 2 posts
Apartment Reduced from 112k to 34k in Andalcia - 22 posts
BUG ON THIS SITE - 4 posts
Golf share in Guadalmina for sale - 1 posts
Congratulations to Think Spain Sl and Well done to Justin for the EOS Sale - 9 posts
Another success for Costa Luz Lawyers - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x