SPAIN NO LONGER AN OPTION

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Dec 2012 4:35 PM by MetGB Star rating. 52 posts Send private message

We have been toying with the idea for sometime now with moving to Spain.  We originally started looking in BCN where we have spent many months, and then over the last 4 years looking in Andalucia, mostly at cave properties with the idea of living off grid, as partner is into alternative energy and can construct solar roof tiles, a few windmills etc which would mean no energy bills, which is very attractive.  There have been a few offputting things though, and more recently healthcare has been a worry for us as we're both retired.  I have friends living in Spain and they are experiencing problems getting an appointment with an oncologist, two people in fact.  As a cancer survivor I have to take this into consideration.  I hear other nightmarish stories about the cutbacks too.  We went to Goa for 6 weeks and have decided if we move anywhere it will be India.  It ticks all our boxes and the healthcare is very good too.  My partner's father was born in India so he can get a POI which would make life easier.  The lifestyle there is paradise and one can live on so very little money.  So we are now focussing on renting a property in South Goa to test the waters for 6 months.  There are quite a few Brits living in the area and everyone is extremely friendly, especially the Goan people.  We absolutely love it. 

embed

Like 0      
16 Dec 2012 6:59 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Hi embed...

It's great that you have, finally, decided on where you want to enjoy your retirement after spending years thinking about and looking at Spain.  I would bet there are quite a few people following this site who aren't decided if Spain is the place they want to spend their retiring years .  It's understandable that you're worried about healthcare in Spain, especially since you've had problems with your health. 

We'll be watching BBC 2's 'The Great Spanish Crash' at 7pm tonight.  It could be quite revealing...helpful, even? We'll see,

This message was last edited by maddiemack on 16/12/2012.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2012 10:09 PM by moncapitan Star rating in South by South West. 117 posts Send private message

Whilst most things in India are certainly cheaper than in Spain - i think prices in Goa have been getting much pricier recently.

What is it you like about Goa particularly?

Let's get deeply into debt. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Funny Christmas Greeting in Spanish! - 5 posts
SIA DOOR SUPERVISOR - 5 posts
Minimum age of consent in Spain - 5 posts
Motivated Brokers Wanted - 0 posts
Embargo on a Motorbike-Help! - 6 posts
Solar Plant Medina Sidonia - 0 posts
No wills - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax for Non-residents - 7 posts
Credit Checks in Spain - 0 posts
Tenants fom Hell. What can be done legally - 36 posts
Responsibilities of property management company - 3 posts
Latest house price news from Spain - 157 posts
Property Nightmare resolved! - 4 posts
Should the "bad bank" demolish or finish the properties? - 12 posts
Merry Xmas - 0 posts
Name and Shame list for tax cheats - 6 posts
Nie or passport numbers needed when buying goods. - 7 posts
Looking for printers of calendars and promotional products in Murica/Alicante region - 2 posts
home page on my laptop - 2 posts
Astra 1N, 2F & 2E satellite change over information & reception maps UK TV Spain - 0 posts
Nox-Bellcow successfully developed a new kind of tencel spunlace - 0 posts
210 on-line return no charge - 20 posts
The Three Wise Men were from Spain! - 9 posts
Anyone know of a Chimney Sweep in The Sotogrande area? - 4 posts
Really Good Value Christmas Day Meal - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x