Want to buy in Madrid

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2012 3:24 AM by LindaElizabeth Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

We are interested in buying in Madrid, any and all leads would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

This message was last edited by LindaElizabeth on 07/11/2012.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 1:41 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi  LindaElizabeth, welcome to Eye on Spain! :)

I lived in Madrid for a couple of years and it is a wonderful city. If you were more specific as to the type of property, area, needs, wishes etc. that you have,  maybe we will be able to orientate you a bit better....  

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 10:29 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

If you mean the City of Madrid, property is still pricey (as you would expect), though there are some bank repos.  I looked at a few but they tend to be in less attractive areas, and VERY small.

However, in the 'state' of Madrid, I think there was an overbuild of new apartments for Spanish people (obviously on a lesser scale than the costas) and it might be worth looking at some of the smaller towns and villages around Madrid.   You would be looking at almost exclusively Spanish neighbours and so you should probably speak good Spanish or be prepared to learn.  The upside is that they speak beautiful Spanish in Madrid.  

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 12:51 PM by LindaElizabeth Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you for the reply!

Roly2:  How did you find the bank repo listings? Did you use real estate broker or agent? What areas do you consider less attractive? I suspect I need to confine my initial search within the City of Madrid for now then perhaps down the road look at new apartments outside the City.

Eos_ian: I am looking to retire in the City of  Madrid and my needs are as follows: 2 bedrooms with 1 bath; exterior apt.or flat, elevator; heat and airconditioning. The apt/flat should be in good condition (not requiring renovation) and decent,safe area of the City, near the Metro. 

I would love to buy the apt/flat full furnished directly for sale by an owner leaving Madrid.

Cordially, LindaElizabeth

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 1:12 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

You can start here  www.idealista.com/    as they have listings across Spain, but this is not the one I used.  I cannot find the website and I think it might have morphed into something else.   It was buy Spanish property (or something) and they had some interesting apartments around the Atletico Madrid stadium (which is a poorer part of Madrid - but still ok).  We looked at 2 which seemed to be really good value but they were very small.   Kyero is always worth a look though nothing in Madrid has really caught my eye lately.  www.kyero.com

Around Madrid, I have a f riend from Alcala de Henares and it is beautiful.   Real Cervantes country!!   

Toledo is  maybe a bit far from Madrid (about 75 km at a guess), but that is actually not far and very nice.  Remember, it gets really cold in the winter!!!

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 3:45 PM by LindaElizabeth Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Roly2:

Thank you, again. I will follow up those leads.

Another question: when you saw the two units near the Stadium did you go through a real estate broker or agent?  If so, were they helpful? I guess the real issue is how trustworthy are they?

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 4:24 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

LindaElizabeth,

It's worth having a look at Thinkspain. I've found it an easy site to use, particularly in the way it groups the properties into price categories.

A quich search in Madrid City based on your criteria will give you a range of options from around £50k to £3M !!

See the link below:

www.thinkspain.com/spanishproperty/resultfind.asp

Regards

JJ

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 4:37 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

We were in Madrid anyway and went to see them having been put in touch with an agent (and key holder) via the internet.  I am still interested in Madrid and keep half an eye on the situation, and I would use an agent.   I do however, speak Spanish, so I am talking about Spanish agents.  I don't know about English agents though there must be some.   I would not trust any agents anywhere completely, so I would always do my own research.  It is a fantastic city, and I think it would be a good place to retire to - though most Spaniards would go the other way and retire to the coast!!

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 6:59 PM by LindaElizabeth Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you all, Roly2, DoubleJ and eos_ian, for the helpful information. I am now better launched into the search for my dream apartment/flat in Madrid.

Please remember me on any Madrid apts/flats you might hear about through your personal networks. 

Cordially, LindaElizabeth

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 8:12 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Salamanca district in Madrid is pleasant & central. Lots of interesting bars, cafes & restaurants. We have quite a few friends who live there who we visit and they are happy. I recommend you start your search there.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2012 8:50 PM by tigerman11 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hold,I have a friend who will be able to assist you he is called PIierre and runs a website Moving to Madrid drop him a line he is very helpful.Hpoe this is of interest

Like 0      
13 Nov 2012 8:54 PM by tigerman11 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Sorry about the spelling on the last post,knew I should have put glasses on.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2012 11:19 PM by LindaElizabeth Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Tigerman11,  Thank you so very much. I look forward to his email.  LindaElizabeth.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2012 4:34 PM by tigerman11 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

No problem glad to help ,please let me know how you go on with your move.All the best with it

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 8:29 AM by spanishbrick1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello LindaElizabeth, I think if you are thinking to buy a property in Madrid then you should refer a professional property consultant.

As because property prices in Spain had been fallen by 15.3% in third quarter of 2012 and will falling in year 2013 according to recent post by TheSpanishBrick..

So buying a property in Spain can be a tough decision for you.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2012 3:04 PM by LindaElizabeth Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

SpanishBrick1,

Thank you for the advice. Can you recommend a professional property consultant?  

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND BEST WISHES FOR 2013.

Cordially, Linda

Like 0      
28 Apr 2014 7:42 AM by trevismarcus Star rating in Spain. 13 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 4/28/2014 3:42:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryanair Cash Passport News - 4 posts
Beware unfair fuel policies car rental companies - 6 posts
VETS IN ALICANTE AREA - 0 posts
Import rules for used clothing - 3 posts
charity help and information needed - 2 posts
How to register a charity help and information needed - 0 posts
DHL + Buying From Abroad - BEWARE OF IMPORT TAXES AND KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS - 2 posts
Removals from UK to Spain - 4 posts
New NIE Number - 4 posts
What happens if AGM minutes are not adopted at the next AGM. - 1 posts
Must the AGM be called On tome within the anniversary date? Not longer. - 0 posts
Pre-retirement and got our S1 forms but where to take them? - 2 posts
english electrician wanted in the barcelona.area: urgent - 3 posts
Beware: Pet transport companies travelling from Spain to UK - 0 posts
Car - to buy or not to buy? - 11 posts
Duplicate Vehicle registration papers - 4 posts
Nota Simple - okay if a current mortgage shows up?? - 1 posts
Should Spain have one centralised Government? - 19 posts
Spain plans to privatise more healthcare- is this the way forward? - 52 posts
IBI - local tax - 6 posts
CAR EXCHANGE. SPANISH FOR ENGLISH - 1 posts
Norman Sands: Where are you? - 28 posts
PERSON WITH A VAN WANTED TO TRANSPORT GOODS TO ENGLAN - 5 posts
Kitchen Units / Doors / sink - 0 posts
Wrougt Iron Headboard for 5ft bed - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x