Pre-retirement and got our S1 forms but where to take them?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Nov 2012 6:33 PM by fyfin Star rating in Turre Almeria. 54 posts Send private message

fyfin´s avatar

I am 61 and my wife is 57 and we have now permanently moved to Spain (Turre, Almeria). I have always tried to do things correctly so we are registered on the Padron, got our NIEs and pay our non-resident taxes. (That will soon change now that we will ultimately be resident)

I contacted DWP and completed some questions over the phone and received our S1 completed forms entitling us to reciprocal healthcare until Jan 2014 (I finished work in Dec 2011). The problem now is that I am not sure where I should take them. I think it is in Almeria city to the Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad office but I am not sure, and whether there would be somewhere closer to Turre.

On a separate note, I have downloaded 2 EX-18 forms which again I believe need to be taken to Almeria but basically the same question, is there anywhere nearer and have I got it right that these are the forms we need in order to decalre that we are permanently resident.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2012 5:01 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

I don't know the system in Almeria, but if you go to your health centre and explain that you want a health card (they call them SIP cards in Valencia) then they should be able to tell you where you need to take your S1.   Remember to take the original plus copies of every piece of ID you possess - they always seem to ask for something you never thought would be needed, and most offices refuse to make copies.

Sorry but don't know anything about an EX-18 form - hopefully someone else on the forum can help on this one.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2012 5:22 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Fufin, I am prety sure you must take the forms to the local office of the  Regional Health Authority where you live.  It is not the  ambulantorio (health centre)  although the office maybe adjacent to such.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

english electrician wanted in the barcelona.area: urgent - 3 posts
Beware: Pet transport companies travelling from Spain to UK - 0 posts
Car - to buy or not to buy? - 11 posts
Duplicate Vehicle registration papers - 4 posts
Nota Simple - okay if a current mortgage shows up?? - 1 posts
Should Spain have one centralised Government? - 19 posts
Spain plans to privatise more healthcare- is this the way forward? - 52 posts
IBI - local tax - 6 posts
CAR EXCHANGE. SPANISH FOR ENGLISH - 1 posts
Norman Sands: Where are you? - 28 posts
PERSON WITH A VAN WANTED TO TRANSPORT GOODS TO ENGLAN - 5 posts
Kitchen Units / Doors / sink - 0 posts
Wrougt Iron Headboard for 5ft bed - 0 posts
Where to buy chemicals in bulk? - 5 posts
New low cost airline from January 2013 - 0 posts
Factura advice - 11 posts
New Gatwick to Alicante route - 0 posts
letter from town hall - 2 posts
Just Bought on Condado - 1 posts
Cupcakes anyone?! - Canadians in need of need love - 17 posts
looking for long term rental - 0 posts
Solicitor asking for part payment in cash - 28 posts
HELP! JOB PLEASE! AN HONEST DAY'S WORK FOR AN HONEST DAY'S PAY - 5 posts
SEWING MACHINE OIL - 1 posts
Legal tip 845. Dation and balance V: Property outlets - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x