HELP! JOB PLEASE! AN HONEST DAY'S WORK FOR AN HONEST DAY'S PAY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Oct 2012 8:35 AM by suziewoo Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I a looking for a an admin/customer services job that is with a legal contract and in a legal company between Calahonda and Fuengirola.  I am fed up with unscrupulous companies who lie in the interview, do not pay and are generally shisters.  Unfortunately, I do not speak fluent spanish although I am at an intermediate level so this does hold me back.  I just want to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay.  I am 47 with 2 older children so will not be taking days off for child's sickness etc. and have always worked in admin - secretarial - customer services roles.

Any help would be appreciated.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2012 9:13 AM by llegaralasestrellas Star rating in United Kingdom (BHX .... 58 posts Send private message

llegaralasestrellas´s avatar

Are you actively learning Spanish? Personally I'd suggest as throwing as much time at learning the language as you possibly can and just practice practice practice. I'm not saying you won't get lucky and find a decent (legal) admin job in a primarily English speaking envrionment, but if both our shared past experience is any guide, those jobs are pretty rare, and competition is strong.

If you can get your Spanish up to the CEFR C1 standard (or even B2) then you will widen your possibilities exponentially, as you have several major working towns like Motril and Malaga in that area.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2012 9:17 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
I tend to agree. Without good language skills you are stuck working only for Brit companies ..... And whilst of course some are fine, there are an awful lot that spring up and then disappear as quickly.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
31 Oct 2012 10:29 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

25% of the population of  Sain is Unemployed .Without Fluent Spanish you will struggle i´m afraid.to get in with a Spanish company.

Don´t expect a contract straight away, however you may get a rolling 3 /6 month contract, As you live close to Gib have you looked to getting work there ?, or work from home on line.

Good luck

This message was last edited by nitram on 31/10/2012.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2012 6:05 AM by suziewoo Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you all for your comments and yes I agree on all counts.  I have spanish neighbours and they only speak Spanish so I speak as much as I can to them plus I only ever speak Spanish when I am out and about.  Doing a job that is in the middle of the day albeit for 4 hours but having to travel by bus and lack of money means it is difficult to carry on with Spanish courses.  For the moment I will have to put up with what I am doing although not entirely legit and I hate it but needs must.  I will keep doing everything I can to improve the situation.  One can only hope.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2012 8:16 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Best of luck Susie.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SEWING MACHINE OIL - 1 posts
Legal tip 845. Dation and balance V: Property outlets - 0 posts
Best time to buy - worst time to sell! - 29 posts
getting nie number for schools - 5 posts
Fitted Gas Fires - 4 posts
Thanks to Costa Luz Lawyers - 1 posts
what I can't find in Mercadonna - 0 posts
what I can't find in Mercadonna - 21 posts
Cranes back in the Skyline...I was amazed - 45 posts
Purchasing a Property - What are the Essentials & the Pitfalls !! - 44 posts
Samsung Galaxy wanted - 2 posts
Photos of Spain - Share some great views! - 3 posts
OLD SEWING MACHINE MANUALS - 0 posts
Advice Please - 1 posts
Camposol, properties without papers (C & mainly D) - 5 posts
Spanish succession law/ New European regulation - 16 posts
EVERGREEN ELECTRICA - 0 posts
Spanish Income Tax - 3 posts
New to site and Spain - 2 posts
I agree - have waited for telephone and internet for nearly two years - 13 posts
Could you help me to expand my business? - 22 posts
Buyubg a car. - 1 posts
buying a apartment in santa pola - 4 posts
water charges Murcia - 2 posts
New agers - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x