Camposol, properties without papers (C & mainly D)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2012 5:58 PM by SlimChim Star rating. 153 posts Send private message

Hi

I'm coming to view some properties this weekend, what is the risk of properties 'awaiting papers'?

Is there a way of mitigating the risk or should I just avoid completely?

Any advice in non-legal language appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 6:19 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Hi Steve,

By "papers" do you mean Habitation Certificate ?  If so this is quite common in Murcia - it usually means that the mains services, roads or some other element has not been completed, so the town hall have not confirmed the completion of the building phase.  Clearly you need to know what is missing and you may find getting a mortgage on the property is difficult, but the price should be discounted to compensate.  You pays yer money...

Where ever you buy in Spain you need to be cautious and spend as much time checking out the solicitor you use as the property you buy.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 6:52 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Some would advise don't touch any property without it's 'papers' and I think that is sound advice.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 7:15 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

You might me interested in the latest Murcia online article. Something to consider is what liabilities you might be taking on? Also there are various papers to be considered; escrituras (legal title), first habitation certificate (only granted once a development is complete to the satisfaction of the council). The local council seems to be stepping upto the plate, but something you need to factor into the price as pointed out earlier.

Juan

http://www.murciatoday.com/camposol-still-under-masa-control-the-cra-meeting-with-the-mayor._13465-a.html

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 7:46 PM by gaula Star rating in marbella and the u.k. 64 posts Send private message

Whatever you do do not buy anything awaiting papers.

Its a buyers market so choose wisely for your own sake or in two years time you will be on here looking for help and advice.

rant over

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 8:13 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Rent and take lots of time. If you are following news on Camposol you will see the bridge problem to reach C and D. You can only WALK across and it is affecting hundreds of people. They leave cars at either side. Also the water is frequently off on B and they say it is due to leakage. Beautiful area but take care. 

Daveil

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish succession law/ New European regulation - 16 posts
EVERGREEN ELECTRICA - 0 posts
Spanish Income Tax - 3 posts
New to site and Spain - 2 posts
I agree - have waited for telephone and internet for nearly two years - 13 posts
Could you help me to expand my business? - 22 posts
Buyubg a car. - 1 posts
buying a apartment in santa pola - 4 posts
water charges Murcia - 2 posts
New agers - 7 posts
Suma - 5 posts
Discount electrical items in/near Albox - 3 posts
Knocked over by revolving door at Alicante airport! - 0 posts
New to Costa Tropical - Almuñécar - 1 posts
Royal Bank of Mortgages - 3 posts
Corvera Airport - 23 posts
Unethical Agent - 9 posts
Contacting Endesa - 1 posts
House improvement not quite right - What next? - 11 posts
english van re importation - 23 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.2 - 5 posts
Clarification of the Horizontal Law of Property - 23 posts
van space - 3 posts
Bankia bail out (Mortgages) - 4 posts
INDIAN MEAL IN LOS MONTESIMOS???????? - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x