New roundabout - Leaving Torreveija town N332 - Cartegena direction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Just for info, there is a new roundabout when driving South out of Torreveija town.

Normally, you would turn right at the end of the "humpy" road, then take either the 1st or 2nd right for the N332 depending on which direction you want, ( 1st right for Alicante N332 or 2nd right for Cartegena N332)

Now you can still take 1st right for Alicante N332, but the 2nd right for Cartegena is no longer there (this would normally take you on a long right hand bend to join the N332 South)

Now, carry stright forward for Cartegena, to the new roundabout (no ladies of the night so far!), then turn right for the N332 to Cartegena.

Threw me at first, but makes more sense.

There are also a few neew roundabouts along the N332, to take you up to the motorway, which is really handy.

Thought I would share this with you........................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
29 Jun 2007 11:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This is my second go at this post as you, Fibby, posted in the thread about funny videos & it came into my mailbox that there was another post so I clicked on link & by doing so I lost this reply so I'll need to say it all again 

"Thought I would share this with you" ....... WHY ?  Just jesting with you, Fibby. Actually it is very handy to get to know these things before coming out again. We notice many new roundabouts & slip roads springing up between visits. We've been told there's going to be a roundabout created where the N332 just outside Guardamar town limits goes past the turn to Los Montesinos (CV895 Lemon tree road) as it's right at the top of a hill & cars end up waiting dangerously in the central area as they either try to exit the N332 to Los Montesinos or try to get out of the CV895 towards Guardamar.

Speaking of the infamous ladies of the night we saw one all on her lonesome sitting on a deckchair under a beach brolly just along the CV895. Next day there she was again in searing temperatures. We commented she'd not be very sweet sitting all day in those temperatures. The following day her brolly was all smashed up & thrown in a hedge & she was nowhere to be seen, we did worry, I admit it. However, next day she was back at her pitch with her new brolly. Gotta laff.  I thought she was selling strawberries the first time I saw her.   Wonder if Bobaol saw her.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2007 11:59 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Morerosada,

Quote:

"Thought I would share this with you" ....... WHY ?  Just jesting with you, Fibby

Sorry, I missed the joke here........................why shouldn't I share this?

Or am I being blonde again, although I am very silver grey!

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 6/30/2007.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 12:09 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You're being very blonde again ! I said I was joking with you.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 12:12 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Now youre being blonde Morerosada!

I said I didn't get the joke, and still don't!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 1:38 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Why would I be looking for ladies on roundabouts?  In fact, until other people mentioned it, I would never even have know they were there.  I still haven't seen one (not that I'm looking) so I'm wondering if these are figments of peoples imagination or just wishful thinking on their part.  Unlike Germany, where they actually set up caravans and advertising placards on the side of the road, they must be very discreet in Spain.  Perhaps if people stopped looking so much they might concentrate on the road a bit more and improve the standards of driving in Spain, especially by expats.  They might also get to learn what the little stick on the side of the steering wheel is for.  ITS FOR LETTING OTHER PEOPLE KNOW WHICH WAY YOU'RE TURNING, IDIOTS!!!!

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 2:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Bob,

you mean to say you've never seen these "ladies" ? Along the N332 by La Zenia roundabout there's a sofa alongside the road with three sitting on it, waiting for "work" ! They stand out a mile, you don't have to look hard to see them. Unfortunately, some are incredibly young, or maybe it's just us getting old ! (more like, we say that about doctors.)

I'll have to take some photos & post them after our next trip over.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2007 2:29 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

On the rare occasions I use the N332, I am afraid my eyes are fixed firmly on the traffic just to see what the idiots in front or coming from left or right are going to do next.  Unfortunately, although we slag off the standards of Spanish driving, it is mainly the expats who appear to leave their driving brains at home.  I've lost count of the idiots who don't know where they're going so they go round the roundabout several times without indicating, either that or they're too busy looking at people on sofas.

I now tend to use the Villamartin, Playa Flamenca, new hospital road to get into Torrevieja thus avoiding the N332 altogether.  It's just the 5000 speed bumps I have to contend with instead and, of course, expats who fly over them without slowing down.  Hope they all have headaches at the end of it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long term property wanted for rent - 1 posts
NIE Meet in Torrevieja - 3 posts
Directions - 9 posts
looking for someone to take over our client transfer business - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Sites Buyer - 0 posts
Overseas Property Web Site Buyer - 4 posts
Dream Hills II - R2 - Plots 123-197 - 0 posts
Prices dropping to realistic levels - 6 posts
WANTED - Long-Term Rental Playa Golf II - 5 posts
Passports free to anyone born on or before September 2, 1929. - 0 posts
id card - 2 posts
Tax on Rental Income / advice please - 1 posts
A question about ToysRUs in Malaga - 0 posts
Any recommendations for places to stay in Seville? - 5 posts
Transport & Removals - 1 posts
alistair messenger - 3 posts
LAWYERS COSTS IN SPAIN - 7 posts
off plan build - 2 posts
calanova grand golf - 0 posts
URGENT, GLASS SHOP OR MAN TO FIT NEEDED,? - 3 posts
spanish bank account - 11 posts
WE BOUGHT A PROPERTY WITHOUT BANK GUARANTEE WHAT CAN WE DO - 8 posts
azahar / mirador / - 1 posts
TEMPORARY SUMMER WORK REQUIRED - 0 posts
wetone - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x