Buying a spanish car in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2010 10:27 PM by Audi1004 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 27/04/2010.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2010 8:39 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Can anyone recommend an honest, reliable second hand car dealer in the Fuengirola area (or Benalmadena to Marbella) where they have had nothing but good service?

We are looking around at present for a reliable workhorse (we do up to 500km per week). 

Need diesel, small car (as will not be carrying a lot), up to 4yrs old?  Manual, 1.4? 

I am fully resident and have my own Gestor.

I do have a 1998 Renault Clio 1.6 Diesel for possible PX, but it needs some repairs. (Although has full and valid ITV to Sept 2011). 

Peugot 206, Fiesta?, Citroen, Skoda!, VW Polo.  All considered!

3 Door OK and body work does not need to be 100%, although bumps only and no major crashes/re-builds!

Full ITV and paperwork legal a must!

Original Mileage/no clocked vehicles! Lower milage and checkable service history preferable.

You must be willing to let our mechanic check the car over.

Budget?  Eu4,000?

Like 0      
06 Dec 2010 9:58 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Try Polar Cars. (Avenida Los Pacos)

We bought a Seat Altea from them about a year and a half ago at a good price and we are very happy with it.

The service was friendly and professional.

I would totally recommend them.

Say Stan and Amanda recommended them if you do go in there.

Like 0      
08 Dec 2010 9:10 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Thanks AJB1, will give them a try.

Has anyone heard of John Briggs who has a workshop at San Pedro?

He advertises a lot of vehicles in the local press, but even though he says, 'Eveyone on the coast knows him' I have not found one  yet! 

Like 0      
18 Jan 2011 9:36 AM by jaxonn Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

The British Consulate suggests that it is advisable to exchange UK licences for Spanish ones, which are also valid for visits to the UK. In England the DVLA will not put a non-British address on a replacement licence, nor send one out of the country. Therefore, if a British licence is only registered with Spanish authorities and is lost or stolen, a replacement cannot be obtained from the UK, and Spanish authorities will not be able to replace one they did not issue.

[url=http://www.softwaredownload1.com]free software download[/url]
[url=http://www.softwaredownload1.com]download software [/url]
[url=http://www.softwaredownload1.com]free download [/url]

This message was last edited by jaxonn on 18/01/2011.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 7:03 PM by mazlester Star rating in Currently Bedford bu.... 23 posts Send private message

mazlester´s avatar

Hi,

We are looking at a Spanish reg car for sale in the UK.  The owner has all the paperwork it's up tp date with ITV and SUMA etc.  He now lives in UK so if we buy we will be taking it accross to Spain in a couple of months and it will then stay there.  

Could you tell me what would be the procedure for transferring ownership on taking back to Spain?

Tks

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 7:47 PM by golftee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi mazlester

I have just taken a car to Spain fthrough portsmouth to santander stayed in Madrid for 1 night. I wish I had stayed for two or three as Madrid is Fab. I then drove to Torre. Here is a copy of the mail received from my solicitor. 

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your email. When you buy a Spanish Plated car you will need to change the ownership to your name in Tráfico in Spain. It is a procedure we can help you with. To do the change in the ownership there are some necessary paperwork to be signed both by you, the buyer and the seller. Would it be possible for you to get the signature of the seller? We could email you all the documents necessary to be able to present the papers in Tráfico for the change in the ownership. Or if you bought it from an official dealer would you have the invoice of the purchase?

The other thing we recommend is to check if there is no any registered debts on the vehicle you are buying. We could do this for you as well, we would need the copy of the papers of the car and the details of the seller (FULL NAME, ADDRESS AND NIE NUMBER)

Once you could email us the copy of the papers of the car we could prepare for you a quote about the cost for changing the ownership of the car in Tráfico. And when you are here in Spain we could present all the paperwork in Tráfico and change the ownership on your behalf.

To prepare for you the Car Insurance Quote we would need copy of the papers of the car and copy of your driving licence:

- Copy of the logbook

- Copy of the ficha técnica (document with all the caracteristics of the car)

- Copy of your driving licence

To be able to drive the car you would need to have the:

- Original logbook in the name of the seller

- Original ficha técnica

- The last paid receipt of the Suma (road tax) it should be for 2010

- Car Insurance papers

- It is also recommended to have with you a purchase contract signed by both of you/or the invoice if it is through a dealer/ in the meantime you are driving the car and it is still not in your name.

It is also recomended for own convenience when you purchase the car to take a copy of the NIE number and the passport of the seller.

Vincente

I also had to get an addition to my english insurance for a week  (£100 )until |I got to spain and insured it with Direct line in Spain. The cost of name exchage is about 400Euro I can not remember exactley.

Hope this helps

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 8:21 PM by mazlester Star rating in Currently Bedford bu.... 23 posts Send private message

mazlester´s avatar
Tks very much for an invaluable reply and for putting in an easy to follow order. I'd Better contact my solicitor! Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Builders versus owners - what can be done? - 12 posts
penthouse available for long let in costa del sol - 1 posts
Spanish Tax Liability - 4 posts
Hi dinky Lo Crispin - 16 posts
Renting my apartment. - 2 posts
death duties - 15 posts
Fencing - 9 posts
WANTED RENTAL - Benijofar - 7 posts
RENTAL WANTED - BENIJOFAR - 3 posts
Which Form? - 1 posts
"Bumber" newsletter - 4 posts
Contacting the developments - 4 posts
Grupo Urbasa build delays - 3 posts
M&M - 4 posts
The Banana Tree, Quesada, Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Insurance advice - 2 posts
Minor D-I-Y Crisis...Suggestions please! - 8 posts
masa inspection trips - 6 posts
From John K - 4 posts
COMMING OUT ? WANT A WEATHER UP DATE ASK ME - 22 posts
Guess who has just been in my shop?? - 56 posts
Places to eat? - 0 posts
Sun Lawyers - 0 posts
Help!! - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x