Don Lochnagar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

I have to laugh when I see the price that some people try to sell their property at.  A 2 bed flat should be priced at no more than 60k E to sell, any more than that and you will hold onto it for years until the Euro burns.  Set the prices realistically if you want to sell.  If it's too cheap, then sorrry, but you bought too dear, take the loss!

Like 0      
01 Dec 2011 10:27 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Don, yes, there are way too many 2 bed apartments on the market but prices are very dependent on location.  Some 2 beds aren't even worth 60K, others in much more sought after locations, such as on the seafront, will always command a higher price...even if it's less than it was a few years ago.

I have a 3 bed apartment which if I wanted to sell today I would be lucky to get 70K.  It was bought new in 2004.  And there aren't that many 3 beds around.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Dec 2011 10:39 AM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

DonLochnagar, are you sure it is priced wrong? Or is it that you are possibly looking to purchase and cannot afford more than €60.000 and the property you may be interested in will not reduce the price?

I totally agree with Justin and it really does depend, here on the Costa del Sol depending on the area prices change and you can expect no less, i would pay much less for a property in the centre of Fuengirola then for the same property in the centre of Puerto Banus.

I would pay more for a frontline beach property then for one on the outskirts! 

Prices were driven up way to high, this does not mean that they are now worth nothing!

Before the whole price rise of property 2 bed apartments in most areas were worh €100.000 to €150.000 and 10 years later i can guarantee you that some of them are still worth this amount.

A complete other story is people in desperate situations or trying to get out of here and lowering them just to cover their losses, this is why some of them are priced so cheap and this is also making things hard for people trying to sell at the right price!

Joan

Like 0      
01 Dec 2011 11:54 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

I bought a 3 bed semi detached villa for 55.000.  It has large solarium the entire roof of the house, large patios front and back and a reasonable sized garden plot at the side.  OK, it's not on the beach, but that doesn't interest me anyway as I've got 10 blue flag beaches within 15 minutes drive.  I also have a 5 star hotel and golf course, should I want them 10 minutes walk away, so there are properties priced to sell!  The estate agents on the Costa Blanca are stuffed full of properties that won't sell because they are unrealisically priced.  I'm sorry if you've bought dear but that's life, the market is not going to recover in Spain for 10 years.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AND YET ANOTHER MAGNIFICENT VICTORY FOR COSTALUZ !!!! - 3 posts
Apple i Phone4 32GB model a1332-San Roque 300euros ono - 0 posts
My Partner has a foreclosure notice on a property in Spain. She lives in the UK - 25 posts
Wanted unfurnished long term rental - 0 posts
Iceland near San Javier - 4 posts
Heating allowance for OAPs in Spain - 22 posts
Social Security Card? - 5 posts
Available Cleaner/Key holder - 2 posts
Internet connection - 10 posts
H, im moving to spain in new year... - 8 posts
Removal from Spain to UK - 4 posts
Survival of the Fitest ? - 5 posts
The name 'Omeia' - 1 posts
COSTALUZ LAWYERS TRIUMPH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!! - 6 posts
iBI - 4 posts
Problems connecting freesat - 1 posts
Unpaid car tax - 3 posts
form 210 ------ No Stickers - 0 posts
SCAM! BUT BY WHO? - 0 posts
Sweet Trees for Everyone - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 51 posts
import your own climate... - 1 posts
The Rental Scammers are Back Beware - 2 posts
Travel agent's licence IC - 0 posts
Using ducted aircon to heat the house - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x