H, im moving to spain in new year...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by doxielover Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Im moving to Spain in new year and hopeing to open dog kennels as a business.

I had originally intended on moving to valencia area but am only starting to learn spanish

I do not want to move south as too hot and would really like to live inland, in spanish area with mix of expats

but as moving to spain has been a lifelong dream i really want a safe, vibrant, spanish, historical, friendly,

area.

Any help would be appreciated thankyou.

Like 0      
08 Dec 2011 5:51 PM by cssolar Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi,

Sax is quite a nice town just inland of Alicante , quite cool as it is about 600m above sea level, there are pleny of ex pats  ( but not to many ) 

I know a family that went back to the uk and they, had a kennel buisiness , I think it is still for sale.

Let me know if you have any interest and I will find out more details

Regards Tony

Like 0      
08 Dec 2011 6:11 PM by doxielover Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Tony

I would love to hear more details about the kennel business and would be interested in rental before I would buy it

Thanks so much

Like 0      
08 Dec 2011 8:10 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

DO rent before you consider buying, Doxielover.  With the current economic climate in Spain reaching crisis point, I do wonder how many people can even afford to keep their dogs never mind put them into kennels.  I'm guessing you've done alot of research on the subject...but you have to ask yourself why there have been so many kennel businesses for sale recently.  Most dogs/cats are put into kennels whilst their owners are on holiday or, as is the case with us Brits, whilst we visit family/friends in the UK.  Many dogs are being abandoned as their owners cannot afford to keep them at the moment and many Brits have returned to the UK and taken their pets with them.  I guess you could open a Rescue Kennels...but who can afford any spare cash to keep it running?

I'm sorry to put a downer on your dreams and I do stand to be corrected if that is the case!

Mag

Like 0      
08 Dec 2011 9:09 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Very sensible advice Meggie

Like 0      
08 Dec 2011 9:30 PM by cssolar Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi doxielover,

Sorry I got it wrong they had a cattery ! 

Any way I looked on the estate agents site in Sax ( fabfincas) and there was a licenced kennel ref. ff0596

The cattery is ref ff 0517

They may be worth a look at, you can always ask if rental is a possability .

let me know if you want any more info on the area,

Good luck with the move!!

Tony

Like 0      
08 Dec 2011 10:09 PM by doxielover Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Tony

Thanks for that info I have contacted fab fincas

thanks also to others who have taken the time to offer me advice ijt is much appreciated.

I am hoping to open kennels but it might not be straight away, I dont know should i get a villa or a townhouse

in the countryside or in town. I would prefer to be near a town as i defo dont want to drive when i move to spain

Im terrified of the other side of the road. My 2 dogs are very noisy and barky so i defo dotn want an apartment.

Like 0      
09 Dec 2011 12:02 AM by SMYTHIE Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

i cud introduce u to mister looney dog barky man

Like 0      
09 Dec 2011 8:12 AM by cssolar Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi Doxielover,

generally Spanish in town houses and flats dont have much outside space, so could be a problem with noisy dogs.

And most campo ( country houses )are a short drive out side towns.

Alot of Spanish people have 2 houses one in town and one in the country that they mainly use on the weekends.

It may be more difficult to find a country house that is in walking distance to a town, they are about but could be more expensive.

We line in the campo ( country ) about 2 km from the small village of agost, most of the fincas around us are empty during the week, most leave dogs there for security.

Have you spent any time in Spain looking at areas and houses ?

Tony

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Removal from Spain to UK - 4 posts
Survival of the Fitest ? - 5 posts
The name 'Omeia' - 1 posts
COSTALUZ LAWYERS TRIUMPH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!! - 6 posts
iBI - 4 posts
Problems connecting freesat - 1 posts
Unpaid car tax - 3 posts
form 210 ------ No Stickers - 0 posts
SCAM! BUT BY WHO? - 0 posts
Sweet Trees for Everyone - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 51 posts
import your own climate... - 1 posts
The Rental Scammers are Back Beware - 2 posts
Travel agent's licence IC - 0 posts
Using ducted aircon to heat the house - 16 posts
MARIANO RAJOY - PROPOSALS FOR CHANGE - 7 posts
TARIFA - 0 posts
GRAZALEMA - 0 posts
Who wants to come here? - 4 posts
Electric and Water contacts in old name - 13 posts
Handsome Bailey - 1 posts
Plant a tree this Saturday at The People’s Forest in Marbella - 0 posts
portillo kiosk in san pedro - 0 posts
advice needed - 5 posts
Late payment of IBI - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x