Digital TV Box

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by delaine Star rating in Croydon/ C D A. 23 posts Send private message

Hopefully you can help ,just returned from C D A and our diggy box would not work as it kept asking for our pin number.

when we purchased it from Polaris they did not give it to us

Has anyone else bought one of these boxes they were 200 euros ?

It was a shame as my little grandaughter came for the first time and was unable to watch English channels .

thanks delaine.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2011 8:57 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

You don't say what type of box it is.  If it is a Sky Box with a viewing card, then the number is the last 4 numbers of your card.

However, if it is a bog standard TDT digital box then you have been ripped off as I just bought a HD one for £30.

Anyway, most of these boxes can be reset by:

1) Turn the main switch off.
2) Then turn it on.
3) Press Guide, select, channel up and channel down buttons on STB simultaneously and dont release them. (you should be fast, you should do it within 2-3 seconds after step-2)
Then you will get a message on TV screen.
It says to switch off and then switch on the mains.
After doing it your system will be reset.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2011 10:11 AM by delaine Star rating in Croydon/ C D A. 23 posts Send private message

Hi bobaol,

thanks for your reply the ditigal that we bought is a Wisi or 51 combo reciever D V B -C +D V B -T.

Does thi make any sense ?? We turn on T v and it is Spanish and then we used to turn on this box and we had all the channels .

We tried to make contact when we were in Spain but got no reply .We are back in England now  and when we retutn in August we will try to reset with your instructions ,many thanks  delaine

Like 0      
26 Apr 2011 4:02 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

DVB C is Digital Video Broadcasting - Cable

DVB T is Digital Video Broadcastin - Terrestrial

The first is piped into your home, usually from a satellite broadcast on Sky or Freesat.

The second is received via an aerial and is exactly the same as Freeview in UK (well, almost exactly).

If you are receiving your signals from an aerial, any set top box will do as long as it is marked Freeview (most TVs on sale now have this built into the TV so you don't need a set top box).  If your TV hasn't got one, then I'd advise you to get a set top box from UK at about £15.  In fact, Tesco have a sale on at the moment with the High Definiton type at £30 (you'll need a HDMI cable for this, though, and they have one for £4.99 albeit it is only a metre long).  It also has the audio switch for changing from the broadcast sound (Spanish) to the original language (usually English, well, American).  Try adjusting those settings, though, as in my previous post.  It worked on an Alba box I had and my daughter's Humax box.  

Like 0      
19 May 2011 11:26 AM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Hello Boboal - this is a subject that confuses the hell out of me!  We live on an urb. where the community rules do not allow for owners to put up their own satellite dishes.  Instead we have a community aerial which allows us to pick up approx. 28 spanish channels.  Our TV set is only about a year old.  Are you saying that we too could buy a freesat box and cable as you've described and that would give us access to (some) UK channels?  Most of our permanent resident neighbours pay for cable services from Teleast but as ours is a holiday home it's an expense we can't really justify bearing in mind how often we would get to use it.

Hope you can help.

Like 0      
20 May 2011 3:11 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

You may find that PW use their "own" boxes, with their own "codes" as they "pipe" the channels from their own dish to your cable outlet. You "must" buy their receiver with their frequencies, as you are not / may not be allowed your own dishes.

Spanish digital TV allows access to around 30-40 Spanish TV channel. In most cases you need either a TDT Digitsal Terrestrial set top box, or a TV with a built in digital receiver. You connectt hem tot he aerial cable outlet, scan, and you have your SPanish TV channels. There are NO UK tv channels on Spanish digital terrestrial. But if they show a UK or USA imported programme, in most cases you can change the aurio from the dubbed Spanish to the origianl language.

You cannot use a Freesat box with Spanish terrestrial TV - terrestrial and satellite are two seperate systems and are not interchangeable. Just like in the UK where you cannot use a Freeview receiver with a satellite dish...as Freeview is the UK ONLY digital terrestrial service via a TV aerial.

So, Pumpkin, a Freesat box will only work with a satellite dish. A TDT box will work with a TV aerial, and PW sell "cable boxes" for use with their cble distribution system

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
21 May 2011 4:29 PM by delaine Star rating in Croydon/ C D A. 23 posts Send private message

This is a P W box which I bought from them last year ,It worked fine no problems ,but I must of done something wrong by pressing buttons I should not of pressed and now it is asking for the code so that it can be reset ....which we ,thanks dont have . can someone shine some light on this Has anyone got the same problem and how do I correct it  thanks

Like 0      
21 May 2011 6:05 PM by mgk Star rating in Penthouse 2. 241 posts Send private message

mgk´s avatar

Hi delaine

These boxes usually have what you call a default code which is a simple code put in by the maker, all the boxes tend to have the same  code which usually is either  1111 or 1234 or 0000 play around until you get the correct sequance good luck!

www.condadoelectricalservices.com        condadoes@live.co.uk

tel.605 832  795

Like 0      
21 May 2011 10:56 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

pumpkin the simple answer is no, you cannot receive UK tv channels with a digi box. What you can get are programmes that were originally made in English and have been dubbed for Spain. You then press a button on the remote which allows the programme to be shown/heard in its original language. I too only have a holiday home but this is great especially for the children as you can convert the disney channel. No Uk soaps or news but who cares when you are on holiday.

Like 0      
22 May 2011 8:55 AM by bigyin Star rating in Mazarron. 18 posts Send private message

bigyin´s avatar
pin number is 0000, unless PW changed it when it was fitted, if you have no luck with it let me know and i'll exchange it for a new one.

Like 0      
23 May 2011 4:11 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Satandpcguy and Y100 - thank you both for your replies.  I now, (finally) have it straight!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

latest news - 0 posts
Latest news - 0 posts
Latest news - 0 posts
Cancelling contract with Vodafone 3g internet - 40 posts
Prescription advice for uk pensioner - 7 posts
spanish law - 2 posts
Weather! Tell me again ... - 13 posts
Car Swap - 1 posts
WANTED - LONG TERM RENTAL in the Los Alcazaras to Playa flamenca area - 1 posts
Telefónica Tenacity - 7 posts
2011 current rules re sat navs in Spain - 3 posts
Childs car seat - 8 posts
Directions - 6 posts
paying bills from the UK - 24 posts
CAR SWAP. UK to Spain - 3 posts
Lemon Tree market Open? - 3 posts
Segundamano issues - 5 posts
Tabacs Shop outside Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Appointing new administrators - 6 posts
Student moving to spain for summer, need help!! - 1 posts
moped for sale - 0 posts
Road traffic offence (not speeding) - 9 posts
Rent to buy contract - 4 posts
Jaens, Guardamar - 5 posts
Help. What is there to do with 3 kids aged 7,6 & 3 when it's raining. - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x