Help. What is there to do with 3 kids aged 7,6 & 3 when it's raining.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by beccaboo Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

We don't mind the rain, but the kids need to burn some energy, are there any indoor activities/play areas out here?

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 12:31 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

Your kids are at school.  Their teachers face this problem every working day - whatever the weather.  So think like a (good) teacher and combine fun with learning.  There are loads of sites which offer free downloadable teaching resources - try http://www.twinkl.co.uk/ for example.  But if you're just looking for something to distract them that doesn't involve you having to do anything, then get them an X-box.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 1:27 PM by beccaboo Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Wow, big chip on shoulder! I am more than happy to entertain my kids at home, I was merely asking for some friendly advice and ideas for somewhere to take them to. For your information my children do not enjoy playing on games consoles , they are happiest drawing and doing crafts , but there us only so much of that you can do in 1 day. I suggest if u don't have any helpful advise then don't reply to my posts.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 1:28 PM by beccaboo Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Wow, big chip on shoulder! I am more than happy to entertain my kids at home, I was merely asking for some friendly advice and ideas for somewhere to take them to. For your information my children do not enjoy playing on games consoles , they are happiest drawing and doing crafts , but there us only so much of that you can do in 1 day. I suggest if u don't have any helpful advise then don't reply to my posts.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 2:47 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Splashy walk! Mine used to enjoy that. As Billy Connolly said it's never the wrong weather just the wrong clothes. As a child I used to love swimming in the sea when it was raining and that was in Guernsey! I suspect the water may be warmer where you are.

Sorry not much use

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 9:34 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

becca, I haven't got a chip anywhere and I was being serious and, I thought, helpful to the extent of even looking up teaching resource sites.  Your first post was a bit ambiguous on what you were looking for.  Your second was pretty defensive.  Thing is most kids that age enjoy crafts which is why it is used so much as a learning tool in primary.  But if you want a change of activity and scenery then, as Mary says, the older ones at least can go out in the rain.  Getting wet isn't fatal.  Bit trickier with the three year old though.

If you want advice on indoor play areas and activities, you really need to say where you are located.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 10:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jek, I thought you were being helpful & Beccaboo, there was no need to be rude! ('I suggest if u don't have any helpful advise then don't reply to my posts'). You'll find no one will respond if you jump down their throats if responses don't suit you.

Jek, I have looked at Beccaboo's posts, see  this   Her location in Spain is Condado de Alhama,  Murcia presumably. I have never understood why members post questions such as this without filling in their location.

Beccaboo, I suggest you do that as then it will show in every post you make without others needing to ask. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 21/04/2011.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 10:45 PM by beccaboo Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Ok, I didn't realise I had gone into general chit chat, not the condado forum, so apologise there. However, I was merely asking for ideas for where to go. I am new to this area and was looking for something such as bowling e.t.c. I am aware that kids r happy jumping in puddles or doing crafts, but we r here on holiday and thought it might be an idea to get to know things to do in the area, likewise I would also ask for things that r available in dry weather, like go karting etc.
I was defensive due to the tone of the post suggesting that by asking for activities available then I was looking for someone else to occupy my kids and by the suggestion that I buy them an x box.
I really don't want to get into a cyber argument and I am sorry for any misunderstandings.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 10:46 PM by gemini11 Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

ive had this problem with my two, i found if you get a few sheets and peg them over something and make a camp they love it!, mine would play and pretend in it for hours theyd have food in there and take all there toys in there and see who had the best camp. we allways got them cooking too, cakes and buns e.t.c. and they also loved cutting up boxes and cartons and glueing anything togethor to make forts and castles too for some reason!! this time of year you could blow out some eggs and paint them for easter too and hang them up as a mobile off some coat hangers, it depends how desperate you get with the weather! that is the problem with spain there is not a lot to do if the weather is too bad and the indoor play areas are normally a good journey. my 2 are now 14 and 18 so tend to play each other on the ps3 or watch scrubs all day if its bad!!

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 11:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Beccaboo, no problem, please do put  your location in though, it really helps others to help you.

Gemini, great ideas, my mum used to make a tent like you spoke about for my sis & me using her wooden airer & a utility grey blanket. We would have jam sandwiches & Corona pop in it. Beccaboo, you didn't say what sex the kids are but all young kids enjoy baking as Gemini said, even just cornflakes melted with chocolate. If you have girls as the older ones start them knitting. Play hopscotch on the floor tiles.

Weather here in the South West UK is great, wall to wall sunshine & likely to stay like this for some time. You don't want to hear this, do you?  

Like 0      
22 Apr 2011 12:55 AM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

becca - no worries.  If you are in Alhama de Murcia you are 20 minutes drive from Nueva Condomina on the main motorway before you get to Murcia.  200 shops, bowling alley, cinema complex and loads of different style restaurants.  Same sort of distance to San Javier (near the airport) where you've got Dos Mares shopping mall.  That includes ten pin bowling, cinema and an extensive food hall.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2011 6:42 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Don´t know the area where you live so can´t comment on where to go, however have you thought of what you would do with your children if you were at home ¿ there is no differance to being there.

of course you could explore the area so next time you will know what to do if it rains

Like 0      
22 Apr 2011 7:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I don't think it's quite as easy as saying do as you'd do at home as, when you're on holiday, you likely don't have there what you have at home & it must be difficult if you don't know the place well too. If you have your own place in Spain it's going to be easier than being on holiday in a rental as you have certain things there. There may be other young children where you are, try asking at the nearest English shop as they may know then invite them round to play.

Anyway hopefully it isn't actually raining all the time just not the weather you expect.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2024 2:08 AM by averagestudent Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Check out local indoor trampoline parks or indoor playgrounds. They're usually jam-packed with activities to keep the little ones entertained and burn off that excess energy. Plus, it's a win-win; they have a blast, and you get a breather.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Suma to Tenant - 0 posts
SHOPS & FARMACIA OPEN TODAY IN ESTEPONA OR SABINILLAS - 0 posts
Satellite dish wall mount - 0 posts
Computer desk / printer tractor feed desk. - 0 posts
Re blogs .. for Justin please - 1 posts
Computer desk corner unit - 0 posts
Indie IPR Electric Guitar for sale - 0 posts
Ref Roger Helmer's message - 3 posts
Key Holder - 0 posts
van leaving spain - 0 posts
Urgent need Long Term let Banlmadena - 1 posts
An interview to a Spanish Judge - 0 posts
Trailer wheels. - 0 posts
aportacion obligatoria - 1 posts
Blue & Yellow to trial reserved seating - 0 posts
Fiat Ducato motorhome - 3 posts
What is going on with the weather....... - 24 posts
Nuclear Incident at Valencia? - 2 posts
NIE Change of address - 11 posts
Sickness pay - 0 posts
funding for university - 1 posts
Installing Ceiling Fans - suspended platerboard ceiling - 4 posts
SPANISH GOVERNMENT PROPERTY ROAD SHOW 2011 - 183 posts
taxi fare - 7 posts
Vodafone- You think Telefonica is bad????? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x