Bratley & Sharp Associates is a scam!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by cwright Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have received a phone call from Bratley & Sharp saying Timelinx Inter-leisure has gone into liquidation, advising there is a court case on the 8th March 2011 and promising they are going win and guaranted that I will receive my money back plus compensation. 369 euros was requested inorder for them to proceed with the claim.  I have looked into this and found the below link which has been posted by the Metropolitian police on 10/02/2011.

BEWARE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY!!!!!!!!

Beware of ligitation companies that 'cold call' you!!

Bratley & Sharp Associates does not exist neither at the Spanish nor the UK Companies House. They do not even comply with legal requirements on their webpage.
Timeshare or holiday point’s owners should watch out for companies claiming to get your money back through alleged bogus class action, litigation or mediation companies. Mindtimeshare and RDO Enforcement project always advice people not to deal with companies that cold call; most probably the people behind this company are the same people who cheated the consumer before.
How did they get your contact details? How did they know that you were cheated by the previous fraudulent company?

Like 0      
12 Feb 2011 12:53 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

cwright

Would you re-post on my thread below so we can keep all this together.

It's important we keep after these people and hopefully anyone looking for info  on this company will find this thread on google and then not send on any money.

The problem with these type of scams is that the police in UK and Spain do not work together. So set up a business in Spain and scam people in the UK.

In 5 mins they can re-brand and launch a new website ...

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-12507.aspx

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 11:09 AM by cwright Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

have received a phone call from Bratley & Sharp saying Timelinx Inter-leisure has gone into liquidation, advising there is a court case on the 8th March 2011 and promising they are going win and guaranted that I will receive my money back plus compensation. 369 euros was requested inorder for them to proceed with the claim. 

Has anybody else received calls like this?

This message was last edited by cwright on 17/02/2011.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 10:38 AM by MIndtimeshare Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Bratley & Sharp Associates does not exist neither at the Spanish nor the UK Companies House. They do not even comply with legal requirements on their webpage. 

Timeshare or holiday point’s owners should watch out for companies claiming to get your money back through alleged bogus class action or mediation companies. We always advice people not to deal with companies that cold call; most probably the people behind this company are the same as the bogus company that cheated you with ILG. How did they get your contact details? How did they know that you were cheated by ILG?

If they have these details it's because they purchased the data base of some company where you invested/were scammed. It is well-known these data bases are being continuously (mis)sold in the black market amongst scammers who then set-up bogus "law firms" and then make cold-calls to the UK or elsewhere offering "group litigation" against the scammers in exchange of thousands of euros. These litigation procedures are never successful and those who pay for them are never returned their investments nor the "legal" (scam) fees paid. 

In short, it's the scam of the scam.

** EDITED - Advertising **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 18/03/2011.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2011 10:33 AM by forth Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

Am glad I found this blogg.

I have been approached by  S and B associates namely  to pay 293.48 euros up front  with a final bill of 10% of moneys  reclaimed back from Timelinx  in an alleged court case in April .

Surprise surprise the bank transfer form payment is made out to R Sharp    is this a coincidence ?? or a  name change

Their address   Amjaca 2003S.l  Apdo de Correos 465 La Cala de Mijas ????

Forth

Like 0      
31 Mar 2011 12:49 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

This is another thread I posted on this outfit.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-12507.aspx

The coast is littered with some firms that can at best be described as legal re-sellers and other simply running boiler room scams.

The trick is to try and get them to name their lawyers which they can;t becuase they have no lawyers employed!

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 7:55 PM by Jofrod Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello,

I am pleased I have found this website as I have now had calls from Bratley & Sharp - Sally Price and S & B Associates - Pollyanna.

I admit I have previously been taken in by Timelinx and DWVC .  Botht he above companies have called advising they can get your money back with interest.  I was a bit confused as the first call from Bratley & Sharp came out of the blue, its been 7yrs since I had anything to do with Timelinx, they told me the owner had been killed and everyone that paid Timelinx money would get their money back with interest.  I was cautious of the call and the lady said she would ring me back again when I had my Timelinx details to hand, never received the call back and the number in Spain she left me just went to answer machine.  this was Feb/March.  I figured if it was genuine I would receive another call.  Never heard a thing.

Today 1st june I receive a call from S & B Associate - from a Polyanna !!!      She started off witht he same speil about Timelinx and was a bit shocked when I said I had already received a call from another company regarding this.  She asked how much i had paid Timelinx and said as I had already been on one holiday through Timelinx "it probably wouldnt be worth them persuing this" and hung up on me.  THEM persuing this I thought this was meant to be about ME getiing MY money back.

Im totally convinced that this is a scam now.

Does anyone know where you report these type of thing to.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2011 1:15 PM by HamiltonEllis Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I too have had cold calls from S&B Associates on two occasions. They are very convincing and chat away for ages answering every question including "How do I know you aren't a scam?" Answer "You don't." (At least that was honest.) The thing that really made me suspicious was their money transfer form (sent by e-mail) - very amateur. More searching on the web revealed things to check if you were suspicious: 

Cold call, number withheld, phone was a mobile on their website (you wouldn't know this as the codes in Spain are different from the UK ( (0034) 603 are the numbers to beware of apparently), the website has only been up since February, want money up front. S&B ticked all these boxes.

On the second call when I asked about their website I was advised to key in their website name (this blog does not allow me to quote it) rather than a Google search because that would bring up hundreds of S&Bs. Yes it does, including several sites warning about this 'company'! The website doesn't open on Applemac. The website also is very convincing including testimonials. Their address, when you look on Google Street View, appears to be a filling station.

STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS AND SIMILAR COMPANIES AND DO NOT SEND MONEY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Opel Corsa 1.3CDTI (Diesel) Ecoflex - 5 door - Black - New in September 2010 - 0 posts
Cheap spanish course in Madrid - 1 posts
Community Fees - 2 posts
nouran - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence. - 46 posts
Spanish Mortgage for UK house purchase - 1 posts
German TV - 1 posts
Advice please for Australian pensioner moving to Spain - 6 posts
Flights to Almeria - 0 posts
Unemployment in Spain to stay above 20% until 2013 - 0 posts
Internet in Spain - 10 posts
How do I find nearest doctor to register with? - 9 posts
Airport transfers - 1 posts
opening times easter 2011 - 8 posts
help wat is this - 5 posts
Finally! - 10 posts
Spanish Banks invokes European Enforcement Order Against U.K. couple. - 12 posts
Can you help? - 0 posts
First post and a question - 5 posts
Registering on the Padron - 1 posts
Beware Auriga Crown Conditions - 8 posts
Closing a Spanish Bank Account - 2 posts
Memories - 0 posts
How many in the same boat????? - 36 posts
Record Rent a Car- Alicante. Opinions please - 24 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x