Venta Garcia - Casares Costa, CDS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 May 2007 12:00 AM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

had the menu del dia and it was the best 10 euros  I have ever spent.

Fabulous food, I personally started with mixed salad followed by spanish hot pot and finished off with the best custard with raspberry sauce and a drink into the bargain.

It is modern setting with panoramic views through enormous windows. I have been told that you need to make a reservation for an evening meal and I think it may be a little more expensive but had I the time I would definitely have tried it.

You will find it on the Casares road MA8300 opposite the turning off for Estepona.

Jan

Like 0      
14 May 2007 11:54 AM by lizh Star rating in Estepona/London. 161 posts Send private message

I second that. It's great! The a la carte is worth the extra, too.  We had a fun 3 hour lunch in April.

Like 0      
16 May 2007 10:37 AM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

We ate twice at this restaraunt in April, once for lunch, once for dinner. It was fantastic both times. Really friendly staff, delicious food, and very child friendly when we had the children with us for the lunch.

Like 0      
18 May 2007 9:21 AM by fanny Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Yes you definately need to book in the evening, we ate their last November (quiet season) and it was full a brilliant meal and really nice people.  If you turn up without a booking you get put in the 'back room' that looked really cramped.

Looking forward to going there for lunch when we can appreciate the lovely view

Like 0      
18 May 2007 6:50 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I've always wondered about this place, never been in.  Think we may just check it out this weekend.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 May 2007 2:13 PM by happyhoppy Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Does anyone have  a telephone number to book a table ?

Like 0      
21 May 2007 3:32 PM by nicky1 Star rating in Essex/Estepona. 63 posts Send private message

I've eaten there and found it a pleasant experience, however I've heard that the Forge further up the road is better (tried to get in there for lunch yesterday but fully booked). Can anyone share their views on this restaurant. Thanks

Like 0      
28 May 2007 8:39 PM by brutus Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

We in spain over easter and the weather was crap, after an afternoon onthe golf cource we decided to try the1st restaurant onthe casares road. We ordewred a taxi wchich arrived in minutes and proceeded up the road. We got to the 1st restaurant ( cannot remember the name ) only to find it closed. The taxi driver that said he go good restaurant so we sat back and some 3 km further up he pulled up outsdde Venta Garcisa- we peered out of the taxi window and being 10pm there wasnt much to see apart from a few stached chairs out side. We decided to give it a go although we feared we had been dumped at some little road side bar. Well what a surprise when we went inside. It was totlally unexected ,we all loved it . It was over half full we were sat down immediately and we had excellent service throught out the meal. The food was great even the goat thingyv looked great .  We paid the bill and then were  offered some house liquers , well I am appaulled to delare that we managed to polish off the cherry brandy ( nearly a bottle)or what ever brandy it was.  The taxi duly picked us up and delivered us to the complex at the bottom of the casares road. Great evening great food terrific hangover!! Great prices also.     We will be going back there - I only hope we dont get recognised as the brandy drinkers!!

Like 0      
28 May 2007 9:55 PM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

Venta Garcia telephone number 952 89 41 91.

I have heard from friends that The Forge is excellent but they said you always have to book.

Also on the road to Estepona opposite Venta Garcia there is a restaraunt called La Paloma, which is also very good, according to friends and my Mum!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

sad news - 4 posts
new to this forum - 6 posts
new to this forum - 0 posts
My new baby - 10 posts
Reliable rental agents/key holders in Playa Flamenca - 6 posts
Furnishing a property at El Soto - 1 posts
Ford Mondeo for sale - 1 posts
How do I advertise selling uk car - 3 posts
NEW Murcia Airport - 95 posts
Car rental - 62 posts
Dont Panic - 69 posts
Paths on our complex - 1 posts
Missing Posting - Janice (Jeansis) - 3 posts
Maddie - 2 posts
aguas nuevas altos del sol - 1 posts
Bristol to Paris with Air France just launched from 11th June. - 0 posts
UK Estate Agents! - 8 posts
jet ski for sale. - 1 posts
How to buy property in Spain - 2 posts
Any Electricians (or Electricistas) On The Forum? - 11 posts
snagging - 8 posts
Transporting Pets to Spain - 14 posts
Licences - 6 posts
Crazy or wot ?? - 2 posts
Miraflores contact? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x