Almoradi and Algorfa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Hi

Weve been offered by way of compensation an apartment in 1 of these two towns. The one in Almoradi is in a complex call Edificio Auroras, and the latter being on a complex called Fontana III. Does anyone live in either of these towns, and if so do you know anything about the apartment blocks good or bad?

we would also like to know what these areas are like as we have never been that far north.

Thanks

Phil

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
27 Nov 2010 8:06 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Hi

I do not know of these two specific blocks, but I live close to both of them and they are both not bad places to live. Algorfa being closer to the golf - depending on which part,as there is the algofa golf and algorfa village, and Almoradi being the larger with more facilities. Hope this is useful to you

Like 0      
27 Nov 2010 8:38 PM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

We have a place around 10 miles from Almoradi. We have been there many times on shopping trips! They have a large Sat market in the town, and it is a very busy fairly large town in terms of the area.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2010 8:46 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

We stayed in Almoradi for 5 months last winter and loved the town.  We much preferred it to Algorfa which we visited on several ocassions...mainly because Algorfa is quite a small place with few shops and bars..and we like to be somewhere more lively. Both Almoradi and Algorfa are a few kilometers from the built-up coastline...which is easily reached if you want to visit.  Being that little bit inland keeps both places very 'Spanish' ie they are local towns with shops and bars that remain open all year round. 

Almoradi is a very friendly town with lots of shops, including an Aldi which lies just on the outskirts of town near 2 large supermarkets.  There are Brits living there full-time, so you will be able to find someone to talk to in English once you get to know the place.  Heather and Derek still own and run Cafe Vienna near to Almoradi's beautiful tree-lined Placa Major...with the help of their British partners.  They are all lovely people who will help you locate anything you need.  In their words...'We love it here and wouldn't dream of going back to the UK'.  What we also liked about Cafe Vienna is the fact that they have a regular, Spanish, crowd that frequent their place. The market, every Saturday, is fantastic and you can buy the freshest, cheapest fruit and vegetables around. There are several internet cafes but our favourite one is run by an Spanish guy with very good English...on Calle 9 de Octubre (9th of October Street). Think I've remembered that right! 

Also, if you're looking to rent your place out at all, you'll have more luck in Almorai.  It took us three weeks to find a place available to rent...kindly helped by Mike who runs the estate agency and rentals business  (HHH or Triple H as they call it) with his son from an office at home. They used to have a place on one of the town streets...until the rent was put up so much they decided to work from home!

For us there's no contest...it's Almoradi every time!

Megi

Mag

Like 0      
27 Nov 2010 10:02 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

If I had to chose between the apartments I would chose the Fontana one as they are much better in appearance and the views are far better, you would not have to go far to Almoradi it is quite possible to walk there if you are a good walker and the town of Algorfa is very nice and friendly you really need to visit both to get the feel as it depends on if you want to live in a large town or a large village

This message was last edited by fpegman on 27/11/2010.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2010 12:47 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Thanks for all your replies

decisions, decisions

Megi, do you have a contact number for HHH or web address

Thanks

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
13 Feb 2013 8:33 AM by sueboult Star rating in Shropshire. 17 posts Send private message

We have a place in almoradi. It is a lovely town, very spainish but some English live there and we get by, plaza is a great bar cheap drink and food.

abbaggie@yahoo.com

Like 0      
13 Feb 2013 11:00 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I don´t know the property mentioned in Almoradi but we have been told that there were problems in getting the First Occupation Licences for Fontana III in Algorfa. 

I really like Algorfa and the Fontana buildings are very nice, but do make sure that all the paperwork is in order before agreeing to anything.

Good luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

property tax - 4 posts
Kite surf equipment for sale - 0 posts
Where can one obtain the best exchange rate? - 0 posts
Where can one obtain the best exchange rate? - 1 posts
Top Tip for your grubby Log burner Glass - 0 posts
Pensions: British & Spanish - 7 posts
citroen c3 for sale - 5 posts
Dissolution of a Spanish Company - 5 posts
EU VS DEMOCRACY - 2 posts
Spanish car sell or swap - 2 posts
Buying US Dollars - 4 posts
Check your spare!!! - 3 posts
ITV Homes from Hell / Parador Properties - 98 posts
friends - 0 posts
Green light for Santa Maria Green Hills - 1 posts
A Demanda de Embargo - 13 posts
Gillian McKeith Song. ('I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' 2010) - 8 posts
International cooking at Christmas - 0 posts
want spainish teacher - 1 posts
Life Insurance - any recommedations? - 6 posts
Should i see the mortgage deed before completion? - 4 posts
Furniture restorer needed - Malaga Province or south Cadiz - 4 posts
WAECO Portable Fridge/Freezer -17'C - 0 posts
English website for Hondon valley - 0 posts
Christmas Menu at Charo, Formentera del Segura - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x