Don't forget clocks go back on Sunday

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

In case you'd forgotten, clocks go back an hour on Sunday morning.

An extra hour in bed....if the kids let me!

Have a great weekend.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 4:21 AM by julie anne Star rating. 1103 posts Send private message

Pardon me for being totally stupid but I did not think the clocks went back in Spain .

So Justin are you just reminding the poor people who stilll live in the cold ,dark ,wet , miserable  UK or do the clocks change in Spain too ?

I am thinking about all the news discussions  I have listened to recently about light saving being a useless waste of time and I am now baffled !

Is it a waste of time or not ? and try as you might  Justin you will not bluff the kids into sleeping an extra hour no matter what the clocks say !!!!  good luck .JA

This message was last edited by julie anne on 30/10/2010.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 10:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, our clocks here in Spain also have to go back on hour tomorrow.

And I'm sure the kids will not be respecting the "extra hour"

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 10:49 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Justin... you remembered!

Did you set your clock to remind you? lol

Julie anne...

Unfortunately all of Europe (West and East) follow DST (Daylight Saving Tine) in accordance to UTC (Universal Time Coordinated), however not all countries around the world observe DST.

So yes! Even in Spain we have to adjust our clocks in accordance with DST (BST in the UK)  time, and as we follow CET (Central European Time) we will still be ahead by one hour, but now ahead of GMT and not BST.

It is a pain in the a**e if you ask me, all this faffing around with time. People have asked for years to leave it as GMT... or leave it at BST... now they are asking to leave it at double BST!

I know, why don't we all decided to set our clocks to what we want individually... yeah! Utter chaos can now ensue!

Personally I believe that once we set it back to GMT (UTC) this time.... leave it there for good! When international time zones where accepted and UTC agreed, they were agreed relative to GMT and not BST.

In the 21st Century, the whole concept of changing time from GMT to BST is now outdated and not practical.

Leave it at GMT (UTC) and have done with it!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 12:21 PM by julie anne Star rating. 1103 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info Techno .I think it is a waste of time but I do have a pal  who lives in Inverness and she totally disagrees with me .I think the debate will continue for many years !!!!!  JA

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 12:30 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reminder, I never remember when to change our clocks.

I wonder which one I'll forget to change this year, there's always one!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 12:58 PM by julie anne Star rating. 1103 posts Send private message

Hey Febe me too .It is so complicated  Central heating,Oven clock and timer,wall clock hall ,kitchen ,dining room ,alarm clocks bedrooms,mobile phones ,digi tv (I think it may see to itself  ) control for heating in green house etc etc etc and worst of all the car I never manage to get that right .With all this and my local council just changing the rule regarding recycling ie bottles washed labels removed ,cans squashed  I may well have to cut down to part time hours just to fit everything in !!!! Whoops not a good plan because then I would never afford my council tax.!!! Role on retirement whoops !!!! that just went up to 66  When will this nightmare end .

Never mind it will be dark when I go to work and dark when I come home at 5.00pm which means I can save on make up and hairdos and my bonus this year will be !!!!!! &&&&& ****** I still have a job !!!!! de da Who knows about next year .Let the good times roll   JA

This message was last edited by julie anne on 30/10/2010.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 6:39 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

^^^ Bump!

Don't forget you lot!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 10:23 PM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

Hi julie anne

I have the same problem, I always forget the car clock. I must also remember to change wrist watches and the video machine (yes I still have a VHS) and the Hi Fi (the only musical instrument I can play). Thank goodness my computers do the change by themselves.

My wife and once went shopping one Sunday morning only to be perplexed as to why we were the only car in the parking lot and Sainsbury was closed. As the sun rose over the store it suddenly dawned on us. The clocks havd gone back and we were therefore too early. We felt like idiots and sat there debating if we should drive back home or just wait. We drove back home because it would just be embarrissing to be sitting there when the staff arrived.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2010 9:37 AM by Morganwell Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Techno

It is difficult to adjust to different time zone in the same palce as there might be chaos.I do accpet that w stick to one time zone either DST or CET.

Like 0      
28 Oct 2011 9:38 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if the clock is changing this Sunday? Thanks

Like 0      
28 Oct 2011 10:30 AM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

Yes, they go back an hour at 2am on Sunday morning (30th October)....so you need to change them when you go to bed on Saturday night,  An extra hour in bed on Sunday morning....but this is when it gets darker (according to the clocks) at night!

Mag

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

GEOCACHING - 1 posts
UK Driving licence replacement - 6 posts
Holiday Lets versus Long Term Tenancy - 6 posts
Malaga Airport - Current Parking situation - 4 posts
Is it a good time to buy? - 29 posts
Retirement Villages - 10 posts
To dream the impossible dream.... - 9 posts
Free P&P - delivery to Spain from UK - 12 posts
Full Tank Of Petrol Con - 4 posts
Stealing Community Electricity inWinter - 6 posts
Calling all ex-pat market traders...... - 14 posts
Proffessional liabilities of conveyancers - 33 posts
Lost Luggage - 1 posts
International van insurance nightmare - 6 posts
Even more jokes - 3 posts
Even more jokes - 2 posts
Work Carried out for the Benefit of Individual Properties - 3 posts
Community voting - what is a majority? - 18 posts
RENTACARSPAIN.COM - 24 posts
Dogs on the beach - 5 posts
Making a Formal Objection About a General Meeting - 1 posts
Spam prevention - 12 posts
Endesa rate change - 1 posts
Endesa rate change - 0 posts
covera airport update - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x