Previous owners waste removal bill.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Mojacardwell Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi , first post.

My family purchased a property in mojacar ,andalucia about 8 years ago and did all the usuall procedings with the town hall and our solicitorduring the buying process.The house is  14 years old and has had one previous owner .When we bought it we obviosuly encounted the usual problems you would know and expect from buying a property in spain ,but..

Our last visit to the property was last week and after a trip to the town hall to try and sort out a different problem we were hit with a waste collection bill of around 800 euros.We have  inherited this bill  from the previous owner of the property who did not pay his bill for around 7 years.We however have been paying our regular waste collection bills since we bought the property.Our solicitor didnt inform us about this so for 8 years we have been unaware of it.

We are planing to contact our solicitor who we used to buy the house when she returns, but we are wondering if there is anything else we can do aswell to not pay this unfair bill or have it wavered.

Any ideas? thanks.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 10:18 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Unfortunately when you buy a property in Spain you also take on any debts associated with that property.  Your lawyer should really have checked this out for you.

I can't see any way around it, you will have to pay the bill.

You could argue it with your lawyer but I'd be surprised if that led to anything.

Sorry for the bad news.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

how is everything going? - 0 posts
Grocery Store Prices in Málaga - 0 posts
Toll Roads - 10 posts
Paying taxes in Spain - 1 posts
multiple sclerosis in spain - 2 posts
Re-homing Pets - 6 posts
Staff Vacancy due to expansion!! - 0 posts
La Caixa bank - my NIE number is wrong and I can't speak spanish.. help! - 6 posts
Americans in spain - 3 posts
Philips 32" Television with integral stand - 0 posts
6 month rental contract - 5 posts
La Manga Club - 0 posts
Villamartin area information - 2 posts
Enforcing a 10 year building guarentee ? - 17 posts
Mijas Pueblo Feria - 2 posts
Saab 93 Vector Sport - UK headlights for sale - 0 posts
2 Bikes For sale - 8 posts
No win no fee - 5 posts
wanting to rent in spain - 2 posts
INEM - 2 posts
Recommended car hire - 0 posts
Help need an english speaking lawyer in lorca area - 5 posts
Galesa water company - 0 posts
MURCIA TO MADRID AIRPORT - 4 posts
Trustworthy property management agent in Malaga for Cerrado del Aguila wanted - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x